ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1443 of 4893
« First < 44394313431393143314391440144114421443 144414451446144714531493154319432443 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:41 AM 02-01-2018
The Chiefs, two-time defending AFCW champions, are going to be the favorites. Their roster is already in the process of getting much better for 2018. And 2019. And 2020. Etc.....

We own the West.
[Reply]
Codered 09:50 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Without Manning, Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders don’t come to Denver on discounts.

It is crystal clear that Manning was the reason for Denver’s success, not Elway. Elway has a losing record in 3 seasons without Manning.
And? I am sorry I don't get this at all. Elway's sell was a huge part as to why Manning picked Denver. It all happened and Denver had some pretty darn good years.

They are down now and it's about time, but let's not pretend they didn't have some pretty good years under Manning who Elway signed and brought in.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Codered:
And? I am sorry I don't get this at all. Elway's sell was a huge part as to why Manning picked Denver. It all happened and Denver had some pretty darn good years.

They are down now and it's about time, but let's not pretend they didn't have some pretty good years under Manning who Elway signed and brought in.
Elway and Manning are both part of the all-time great QB’s fraternity. It was an easy sell and a “no brainer” move for Elway. You’re giving him far too much credit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Manning spent 4 years in Denver and went to as many Super Bowls with Denver as he did in 14 years in Indy. And Denver had Manning at the tail end of his career.
Manning is done. It’s the post-Manning era and so far Elway has had a declining defense, struck out 3X at QB and would have fired his new HC if it didn’t make him look bad for doing so.

He’s fallen a long way since 2015. You should be thankful that Brock ignored Elway 2 years ago. Imagine if Brock agreed to the $18 million avg deal Elway offered?
[Reply]
Codered 10:01 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Elway and Manning are both part of the all-time great QB’s fraternity. It was an easy sell and a “no brainer” move for Elway. You’re giving him far too much credit.
I disagree. You can't rail him on poor drafts but refuse to give him credit for making good Free Agent signings no matter what the reason or cause is.

That's a no-brainer!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:05 AM 02-01-2018

Yeah, that's kind of the point. You can't rely on a hall of fame QB hitting the market and using him as a springboard to nab top defensive talent at discounted rates for consistent success. I already said before that he deserves credit for getting Manning on the squad, but that move was critical for them to have the success they did. Post Manning Elway has looked pretty bad.
[Reply]
Codered 10:08 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, that's kind of the point. You can't rely on a hall of fame QB hitting the market and using him as a springboard to nab top defensive talent at discounted rates for consistent success. I already said before that he deserves credit for getting Manning on the squad, but that move was critical for them to have the success they did. Post Manning Elway has looked pretty bad.
Agreed.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 02-01-2018
I disagree. You can't rail him on poor drafts but refuse to give him credit for making good Free Agent signings no matter what the reason or cause is.

That's a no-brainer!
So it’s just a coincidence that those like myself predicted he would get exposed without Manning and his ability to attract free agents and he has?

:-)

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any credit whatsoever, but how much GM skill/talent evaluation did that really take? He’s basically the Trent Dilfer of GM’s.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 02-01-2018
Well, partly.

But it's also what was likely to happen when you go from a HOF best in history Qb to a shitshow.

Granted, he's the one to allow it to happen but it's about waht you'd expect and what teams do when they don't have a QB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:20 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, partly.

But it's also what was likely to happen when you go from a HOF best in history Qb to a shitshow.

Granted, he's the one to allow it to happen but it's about waht you'd expect and what teams do when they don't have a QB.
True, but its not like he hasn't had the chance to address it. Lynch and Osweiler were pretty bad, and Siemian was actually a pretty good find in the 7th but his realistic ceiling is good backup.
[Reply]
Codered 10:39 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So it’s just a coincidence that those like myself predicted he would get exposed without Manning and his ability to attract free agents and he has?

:-)

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any credit whatsoever, but how much GM skill/talent evaluation did that really take? He’s basically the Trent Dilfer of GM’s.
I don't know, but all I know is I wish I could say my bad GM won my team a superbowl. You are welcome to your opinion of course!
[Reply]
KranzDictum 01:54 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Manning is done. It’s the post-Manning era and so far Elway has had a declining defense, struck out 3X at QB and would have fired his new HC if it didn’t make him look bad for doing so.

He’s fallen a long way since 2015. You should be thankful that Brock ignored Elway 2 years ago. Imagine if Brock agreed to the $18 million avg deal Elway offered?
If in declining you mean from ranked #1 down to #3 then I guess you are right. Not a huge fall off though. kFc was ranked 28th in yards and you got to a Wild Card game, and...

CHOKED!

I still think the ownership group needed a couple years of cash savings, John was hoping to hit on a QB in the draft and wiffed, it happens all the time, happened to you guys for over 30 years.

Sure sounding like John has the green light to spend money this year. They lost Calais Campbell over like $3mill, they had the cap space to match but I think John was told what he could spend and had to stay put.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:01 PM 02-01-2018
Fake Gronk doesn't sound happy about his new QB. Listen at the 2:37 mark

Here is the link from 2:37
https://youtu.be/EN86dJ5f9GI?t=157
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:03 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
If in declining you mean from ranked #1 down to #3 then I guess you are right. Not a huge fall off though. kFc was ranked 28th in yards and you got to a Wild Card game, and...

CHOKED!

I still think the ownership group needed a couple years of cash savings, John was hoping to hit on a QB in the draft and wiffed, it happens all the time, happened to you guys for over 30 years.

Sure sounding like John has the green light to spend money this year. They lost Calais Campbell over like $3mill, they had the cap space to match but I think John was told what he could spend and had to stay put.
Patriots are exhibit A as to why yards don't mean a damn thing compared to points when it comes to defense. Going from 297 to 384 points allowed was horrendously bad, and it showed in your W-L record.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:03 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Fake Gronk doesn't sound happy about his new QB. Listen at the 2:37 mark

Here is the link from 2:37
https://youtu.be/EN86dJ5f9GI?t=157
Dan Patrick:
"What is it that mmAHhomes gives you that alice doesn't?"

Fake Gronk:
"That is something I haven't seen it yet. You want to say he can throw the ball a mile but alice had the most completions over 20 yards."

EPIC!!
[Reply]
Page 1443 of 4893
« First < 44394313431393143314391440144114421443 144414451446144714531493154319432443 > Last »
Up