ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3447 of 3903
« First < 2447294733473397343734433444344534463447 3448344934503451345734973547 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:25 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
Speaking of HI, I mentioned way back in October or so, that I read an article in The Lancet that mentioned that there appeared to be some probable immunity to Covid 19 that started from exposure to any of the three recognized cold coronaviruses. Something about similarities in other proteins or something. That would make some more sense as we've come through "cold" season and cases are dropping off a cliff. I'd imagine it's a combination of HI getting close, previous immunity from other coronaviruses, the vaccines, and the fact that most viruses attenuate over time. All adds up to this sonofabitch going away.
When all is said and done, I wonder if we'll also have more immunity from at least some variants of the common cold. Could be at least one positive that comes from all this.
[Reply]
TLO 10:27 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
When all is said and done, I wonder if we'll also have more immunity from at least some variants of the common cold. Could be at least one positive that comes from all this.
Most likely not
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Doubt it.
[Reply]
loochy 11:37 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I think last week, Pfizer was pushing for the gov to switch to a single dose. There data seems to indicate that's really effective w/o the second shot

F U. I want full effectiveness. No half assed shit one shot, no half assed J&J crap.

If I'm getting a vaccine I want the whole deal
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
FYI for those of you wanting the vaccine and not sure how to expedite the process you can get on a wait list at your local Walmart pharmacy.

The way it works is every time they open a vile to start administering doses they have X amount of time to use it all. My understanding is many of the vials have an extra 2 or 3 doses in them (supposed to be 10 per vial but many have more than that) and so if they have extra doses or scheduled people do not show up for appointment they will call you and you have 30 minutes to get there to get your shot.

We have had at least 3 people at work here get the vaccine that way, this is a real thing you can do if you are interested.

When you call WalMart do not use the covid info selection on the automated answering options, you want to talk to the pharmacy directly and tell them you want to be on the call list.

I imagine availability will depend on where you live but give it a shot if interested. (pun intended)
My pharmacist friend has been doin that for a few months. He would have some extra doses and just go out in the waiting room and ask for volunteers. He got yelled at by the owner about it. Told him he wasn't throwing any away and just to deal iwht it.
[Reply]
TLO 03:10 PM 02-22-2021

Israel’s Ministry of Health says benefits of #PfizerVaccine 14 days after 2jab are:
• 95.8% preventing illness cases
• 98.0% preventing fever and/or respiratory symptoms
• 98.9% preventing hospitalization
• 99.2% preventing severe illness
• 98.9% preventing death

— Noa Landau נעה לנדאו (@noa_landau) February 20, 2021

Science.. Fuck yeah!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:13 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
My pharmacist friend has been doin that for a few months. He would have some extra doses and just go out in the waiting room and ask for volunteers. He got yelled at by the owner about it. Told him he wasn't throwing any away and just to deal iwht it.
I know that this is controversial but I get it. How many people out there would stash away inventory then magically their friends and families would show up in waiting rooms when they have extras. One of those deals where good intentions can create the wrong kind of behaviors.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:38 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

Science.. **** yeah!
I want me some of that.
[Reply]
loochy 06:38 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

Science.. Fuck yeah!
So not a ton better than nature regarding death. Israeli CFR is 1.9%

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
[Reply]
Otter 06:45 PM 02-22-2021
Both my mother and her sister had the the 1st vaccine shot with absolutely zero side effects. Both at the tail end of 60.

It's good news but I'm still on the fence until I get a better sample pool to judge from.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:22 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
So not a ton better than nature regarding death. Israeli CFR is 1.9%

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
That's not how it works.
[Reply]
loochy 06:46 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's not how it works.
Ok then how does it work?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:10 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ok then how does it work?
Effectiveness rates are a measure of how well they PREVENT the outcome, not a measure of how many people will experience the outcome with the vaccine. It becomes clear that your interpretation is wrong if you use the lower effectiveness of the J&J vaccine. If it prevents 70% of infections (or whatever their final number is), does that mean that 30% of people will get it with the vaccine when non vaccinated infection rates are much lower than that? Obviously not.

In this case, the vaccine drops chances of death overall by 100x compared to those who aren't vaccinated. You can't really compare it to a CFR (since that assumes people are infected in the first place), but it's kind like dropping the CFR to 0.019%.
[Reply]
loochy 09:25 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Effectiveness rates are a measure of how well they PREVENT the outcome, not a measure of how many people will experience the outcome with the vaccine. It becomes clear that your interpretation is wrong if you use the lower effectiveness of the J&J vaccine. If it prevents 70% of infections (or whatever their final number is), does that mean that 30% of people will get it with the vaccine when non vaccinated infection rates are much lower than that? Obviously not.

In this case, the vaccine drops chances of death overall by 100x compared to those who aren't vaccinated. You can't really compare it to a CFR (since that assumes people are infected in the first place), but it's kind like dropping the CFR to 0.019%.

Ok, makes sense now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:28 AM 02-23-2021
As a marketing professional this marketing sucks.

Once you’ve gotten any COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wear a mask, get tested, and watch your distance. Isolate if you have tested positive/have symptoms, and quarantine if you are a close contact or have traveled to another state or country. Visit https://t.co/74RKEJYTOU. pic.twitter.com/czv1jYpbqa

— Rhode Island Department of Health (@RIHEALTH) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3447 of 3903
« First < 2447294733473397343734433444344534463447 3448344934503451345734973547 > Last »
Up