ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3393 of 3903
« First < 2393289332933343338333893390339133923393 33943395339633973403344334933893 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 02:21 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just PR
Exactly. Not getting political but Biden's plan was the same as Trump's so he has to do something "different" to make it look good. All PR.

This is all at the State level anyway and the Governors should be engaged in things.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:22 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The governors say they want it and can get them distributed.
Governor Kelly of Kansas has the Dept. of Health delivering vaccines in their trunks, unannounced across Kansas. And I am hearing a lot of them are already thawed giving them a shelf life of 4 days.

Great plan!
[Reply]
DaFace 02:23 PM 01-08-2021
BRC has already been dumped from the thread today. Don't make us force others to join him.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:25 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
BRC has already been dumped from the thread today. Don't make us force others to join him.
Really? You dumped him? I think from a distribution perspective there has to be some talk of government. Not R v. D but just that they are an integral part of getting the vaccine out.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:27 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Really? You dumped him? I think from a distribution perspective there has to be some talk of government. Not R v. D but just that they are an integral part of getting the vaccine out.
Feel free to discuss the plans rather than the politicians.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:27 PM 01-08-2021
On a more serious note, I think the quicker you get pharmacies involved the better. I'd also like to see some sort of traveling van, much like you see with blood drives, that will go to nursing homes and what not.

Seems there are a lot of things we could be doing but aren't.

That being said our health system is going against the country average on health workers wanting the vaccine. I have heard that 90%+ of doctors and 70%+ of nurses, etc. that have been offered the vaccine have taken it.
[Reply]
TLO 02:29 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Didn't you say your employer can't get it? There is a ton of health care or other businesses that want it but haven't gotten it yet.
We're waiting on our local health department at this point. They had to completely re-do their distribution plan because all of the Moderna vaccine got sent to Walgreens and CVS. Thankfully our health department was able to adapt to get the Pfizer vaccine, but it's still taking some time.

It seems like there was more of a miscommunication or lack of planning on someone's part as opposed to not enough vaccine, but that's just my own personal take on it.
[Reply]
Donger 02:31 PM 01-08-2021
Are CVS and Walgreen (et al) stores equipped to store the vaccines at the temperature they require?
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:33 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It was exactly for the reason you pointed out earlier.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:34 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Are CVS and Walgreen (et al) stores equipped to store the vaccines at the temperature they require?
As far as I know. There is a plan that's supposed to start using the next phase.
[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 01-08-2021
https://news.walgreens.com/covid-19/...january-25.htm

DEERFIELD, Ill., January 06, 2021 - Walgreens expects to complete the administration of COVID-19 vaccine first doses in skilled nursing facilities by Monday, Jan. 25. The company is also rapidly expanding access to vaccinations among assisted living facilities and additional vulnerable populations outlined by states and local jurisdictions as part of expanded distribution plans.

“Since receiving our first allotments of vaccines in late December, Walgreens has remained on track in vaccinating our most vulnerable populations, and we are steadfast in our commitment to accelerating access to COVID-19 vaccines as we receive additional guidance from state governments and jurisdictions,” said John Standley, president, Walgreens. “Walgreens takes immense pride in being a part of protecting our communities from COVID-19 and helping the country take this first step toward emerging from this pandemic.”

As part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program, Walgreens began administering COVID-19 vaccines to residents and staff at long-term care facilities in late December and is now active across 49 states and Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico. Activation dates and prioritization of long-term care facilities were determined by each state. In accordance with CDC and state guidance, Walgreens provided COVID-19 vaccination clinics to skilled nursing facilities first and is expanding to assisted living and other types of facilities. The company will continue to partner with states and jurisdictions to provide vaccinations to residents and staff at 35,000 long-term care facilities that are partnering with Walgreens.

Walgreens will continue to work with states as they finalize their Phase 1b and 1c plans to administer COVID-19 vaccines to additional vulnerable populations, which may include essential workers and people ages 75 and older. COVID-19 vaccines will be available in all of Walgreens more than 9,000 store locations once they become available for mass administration. At that time, individuals will be able to schedule vaccination appointments through the Walgreens app or online.

“Walgreens pharmacy team members are embedded in communities and have more than a decade of experience providing immunizations,” said Standley. “They will continue to play a critical role in educating patients and supporting the administration of vaccines, including in rural and underserved communities.”

Walgreens is committed to driving health equity throughout the roll out of COVID-19 vaccines. Reaching underserved and rural areas is a critical component given the disproportionate impact of COVID-19?in?these communities.?While nearly 80 percent of the U.S. population lives within five miles of a Walgreens pharmacy, Walgreens is committed to leveraging different models, such as mobile and off-site clinics, to ensure the delivery of vaccines in underserved and rural areas. These communities have been a focus throughout the pandemic, with more than 70 percent of Walgreens COVID-19 testing sites located in socially vulnerable areas and the implementation of off-site clinics and voucher programs to ensure access to flu vaccinations in underserved areas.
[Reply]
Donger 02:39 PM 01-08-2021
The US Food and Drug Administration has alerted health care providers and labs that genetic variants of the novel coronavirus — including an emerging variant first detected in the United Kingdom called B.1.1.7 — could lead to false negative Covid-19 test results.

The FDA noted in a news release on Friday afternoon that false negative results can occur with any molecular test for the detection of the virus if a mutation has occurred in the part of the virus's genome that the test examines. According to the FDA, the risk that these mutations will impact overall testing accuracy is low. If Covid-19 is suspected after a negative test, the agency recommends repeat testing with a different test.

The agency notes three Covid-19 tests authorized in the United States may be impacted by genetic variants — MesaBiotech Accula, TaqPath Covid-19 Combo Kit and Linea Covid-19 Assay Kit — "but the impact does not appear to be significant.”

Since the TaqPath and Linea Covid-19 tests detect multiple genetic targets, the overall test sensitivity should not be impacted, the FDA noted. However, if certain patterns emerge in individual results from those tests, labs might consider further genetic sequencing of specimens. That “may help with early identification of new variants in patients to reduce further spread of infection,” the FDA said in its letter to labs and health care providers, noting that the B.1.1.7 variant has been associated with an increased risk of transmission

"The FDA will continue to monitor SARS-CoV-2 genetic viral variants to ensure authorized tests continue to provide accurate results for patients," FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said in the release. SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19.

"While these efforts continue, we are working with authorized test developers and reviewing incoming data to ensure that health care providers and clinical staff can quickly and accurately diagnose patients infected with SARS-CoV-2, including those with emerging genetic variants," Hahn said.

"At this time, we believe the data suggests that the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines may still be effective against this strain. The FDA will continue to keep health care providers and the public informed of any new information as it becomes available."
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:47 PM 01-08-2021
I shudder at the thought of the Walgreens near me charged with saving mankind
[Reply]
O.city 05:14 PM 01-08-2021
Almost up to a million vaccinations per day

It’s ramping up nicely
[Reply]
R Clark 05:44 PM 01-08-2021
I talked to a friend in Oklahoma today , he has lung problems so he got the vaccine yesterday and said they are doing it thru the health department.I’ve never heard where you go here in Kansas to get it or sign up for it?
[Reply]
Page 3393 of 3903
« First < 2393289332933343338333893390339133923393 33943395339633973403344334933893 > Last »
Up