ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 04:20 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If I remember right, as filmed it was China. But then in post production , they went back and changed everything to North Korea to not offend China and their desirable box office numbers.
Yep. At great expense, too. Morons.

It still would have sucked had China been the invading power, but at least it would have been believable on its face.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:33 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a fucking break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. :-)
:-)

It's been quite a while since I watched it but didn't they team up with Russia?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:12 PM 11-24-2020
Yep. At great expense, too. Morons.

It still would have sucked had China been the invading power, but at least it would have been believable on its face.
Yea. The original works because it was at a specific point in history with two world superpowers.

It felt like the USSR could have done that for sure.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:07 PM 12-01-2020
It was supposed to be china. But shelved and edited as they didn't want to piss of the money being made there.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:14 PM 12-01-2020
For conan. I would like to see him as old man conan. He is now a ruler. And twinging in evil from power. He has his kids and they are trying to stop the rebels. Come to find out those are his brat kids also. Or we could see old man conan and his generals vs a great opposing force. Make is like a western.

For predator. I want a proper avp.

Have Dutch and the guy from predator 2 team up. They have been tracking incidents for decades. Barely missing them. Finally catch up to the predators battling it out against military and corporation. They die in the end to help defeat the predators and corporate mercs.

Something along those lines.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:46 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I ran into him a few years back and he was definitely "fit" but he wasn't anywhere near as pumped as he was in the 80's and 90's.

Also, there's not a chance in hell he's even a centimeter taller than 5'10.

But you're absolutely correct: If he was to take on the role of Conan, he'd need a "fake" sword, like a fake lightsaber, in order to "fight" onscreen.
Hmm. According to IMDb, he's 6'2". Of course, I've long since learned that you can't believe everything you read. :-)
People shrink as they age. Hell, I'm down an inch already at just age 45.

Not sure about 4" drop, but Arnold has put his spine through hell over the decades.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:48 AM 12-04-2020
Old Arnie shooting guns is one thing. Old Arnie swinging that heavy ass Atlantean sword around like he did back in 1981 is quite another. I've got one hanging on my wall (authentic replica made by Marto, the Spanish sword makers who did weapons for the movie). You'd have be a beast to effectively use that thing for real, and while I'm sure he's still in great shape for his age, his age is 73. And while I'm sure they could bullshit around it, it would be bullshit.
As long as they go the King Conan route, it could still be good.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:31 PM 07-21-2022
Updated OP
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:36 AM 08-05-2022
Out today, 92% on RT with 136 critic reviews, 84% audience. Looking forward to watching this when I get home tonight!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:12 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Out today, 92% on RT with 136 critic reviews, 84% audience. Looking forward to watching this when I get home tonight!
Now the reviews are coming in positive, and the narrative is 'wow, so much positivity doesn't ring legitimate to me . . . seems like every critic has an agenda.'
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 03:51 PM 08-05-2022
On my phone so i can't embed but i generally agree with this guy's review. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

https://youtu.be/J-RkZUitNyc
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:49 PM 08-05-2022
It was good till it got woke at the very very end

6/10
[Reply]
srvy 07:43 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It was good till it got woke at the very very end

6/10
Pretty much my thoughts also I might even drop it to average that went off the rails near the end.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 PM 08-05-2022

#Prey is currently at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes — based on 47 reviews ��

It is now the highest-rated Predator movie pic.twitter.com/yBbeedOJI2

— Culture Crave �� (@CultureCrave) August 3, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 10:47 PM 08-05-2022
About what I expected. Mostly entertaining, but they went too far with the whole "Women can be warriors too!" thing. It got downright silly. Cinematography was well done.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up