ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Netflix: The Queen’s Gambit
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 11-16-2020
Who isn’t watching a pure fictional show about chess and it’s top players in the 60’s?

I know, WTF BRC? But wait, It’s so well made, acted that it’s worth your time. Get back with me with your flames if you don’t agree.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If you liked this because it was so well made, directed, edited and acted try.... Godless on NetFlix

Same co-creator and director (Scott Frank) did that Netflix series. Watched it a couple of years ago and loved it. The cinematography is soooo outstanding. Some of the best shots I’ve ever seen in a Western. Looked it up and the guy won Oscars for cinematography before.
Just started Godless because of your post.

It's very good. Thanks!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 PM 11-23-2020

Chess Is The Hottest Game In The Streets After the Debut Of "The Queen's Gambit" https://t.co/QVXrm3Jh0T pic.twitter.com/BYzB3K0SLm

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) November 24, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Just started Godless because of your post.

It's very good. Thanks!
The last episode has some of the most amazing cinematography I’ve ever seen on TV or movies. Pure art.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:06 PM 11-23-2020
Binge watched it last week. Loved it.
[Reply]
olout 11-24-2020, 02:59 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
GloryDayz 06:22 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by olout:
When I first learned of this series I was almost positive it was about Judit Polgar (the best woman player in the history of chess). Some of the scenes in the trailer I believe were at least inspired by Polgar's autobiography and in interviews. I watched the series through https://torrentsites.com/tv-shows-torrent-sites/

When I was a serious player I would also literally dream about chess. I would play games in my sleep. I would wake up and eat chess books for breakfast. I quit sports and would go home to play chess. Chess consumed my life. It became too much at one point and that's when I started using hard drugs.
It's cool that it's cool to love chess. This might not be the average American deer camp, but it was ours last weekend. Chess just seems to go well with hunting.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:09 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's cool that it's cool to love chess. This might not be the average American deer camp, but it was ours last weekend. Chess just seems to go well with hunting.

patience, cunning and accuracy. I can see the similarities for sure.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:44 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
patience, cunning and accuracy. I can see the similarities for sure.
Yep... While they were inside playing chess, these guys and gals were hanging around outside. :-)

[Reply]
Molitoth 10:37 AM 11-30-2020
This show was mesmerizing. Absolutely loved it!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:19 PM 11-30-2020
Just finished. Knew I would love it and waited until I could savor the experience. Completely nailed it.

And my biggest takeaway is how fortunate we are to have the content wars now going on amongst the major providers. A show about a female chess player would’ve never been made at any other point, and yet here we are with an overabundance of options and it satisfies endlessly.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:58 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by olout:
When I first learned of this series I was almost positive it was about Judit Polgar (the best woman player in the history of chess). Some of the scenes in the trailer I believe were at least inspired by Polgar's autobiography and in interviews. I watched the series through https://torrentsites.com/tv-shows-torrent-sites/

When I was a serious player I would also literally dream about chess. I would play games in my sleep. I would wake up and eat chess books for breakfast. I quit sports and would go home to play chess. Chess consumed my life. It became too much at one point and that's when I started using hard drugs.
Your story sounds interesting.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Just finished. Knew I would love it and waited until I could savor the experience. Completely nailed it.

And my biggest takeaway is how fortunate we are to have the content wars now going on amongst the major providers. A show about a female chess player would’ve never been made at any other point, and yet here we are with an overabundance of options and it satisfies endlessly.
Competition is good for consumers. :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:58 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Your story sounds interesting.
Should make a Netflix series out of it!
[Reply]
vailpass 04:05 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Should make a Netflix series out of it!
Yes! I'm thinking hot red headed chick for the lead role? Just spit balling here.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:37 PM 12-01-2020
I gotta check this one out ASAP. (Just saw the trailer and I dig chess).

Anya Taylor Joy is ahead of her time as an actress and was great in The VVitch. Will give it a binge watch sometime soon.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:27 PM 12-02-2020
Just watched this series, thanks BRC! Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up