ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1748 of 3903
« First < 748124816481698173817441745174617471748 174917501751175217581798184822482748 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:35 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Why would someone go golfing in the rain?
Sometimes it starts to rain after you started,also other sporting events get cancelled like soccer which is played in the rain but not when there is lighting.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
To be honest I have tough about finishing up the last few holes during a storm , but I had 1 strike right behind me during my swing and it scared the shit out of me so I sprinted it in lol.
Oh I bet.
[Reply]
TLO 08:37 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
there arent many people here freaking out about new cases.

it's the deaths. which arent going down much. 2200+ yesterday again.
The Facebook warriors sure are freaking out about new cases around these parts.

We also have a grand total of 3 people hospitalized now. We've had 5 total over the past 2 months. These 3 new ones have come over a period of 3 days though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:38 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No shit, Sherlock. I also don't expect to die from a drunk driver or someone texting when I get in my car but I could. I also don't expect to drop dead from a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm or even a virus I would typically be able to fight off.......but I could.

Thank you for setting me straight. I guess we should all just stay inside until we know every last one of us doesn't have the virus or is dead, right?
what are the odds of dying from a drunk driver? someone hitting and killing you while texting?

about 11k people die each year from drunk drivers, including the drunk people...

didnt 11k die last week from this?

great analogy.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:39 AM 05-01-2020
what are the odds of dying from a drunk driver? someone hitting and killing you while texting?

about 11k people die each year from drunk drivers, including the drunk people...

didnt 11k die last week from this?

great analogy.

Well then stay inside and don't come out until you know everyone around you is safe.
[Reply]
TLO 08:39 AM 05-01-2020
To be honest I have tought about finishing up the last few holes during a storm , but I had 1 strike right behind me during my swing and it scared the shit out of me so I sprinted it in lol.
When I was a kid, my dad built me a half pipe to skateboard on. I had a friend over and we were skating when we heard thunder in the distance. We didn't give it much of a thought.

About 3 minutes later lightening struck a tree no more than 50 feet from where we were skating. I've never run inside so fast in my entire life.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:41 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

We also have a grand total of 3 people hospitalized now. We've had 5 total over the past 2 months. These 3 new ones have come over a period of 3 days though.
Were they from the plant?
[Reply]
Spott 08:42 AM 05-01-2020
When I was a kid, my dad built me a half pipe to skateboard on. I had a friend over and we were skating when we heard thunder in the distance. We didn't give it much of a thought.

About 3 minutes later lightening struck a tree no more than 50 feet from where we were skating. I've never run inside so fast in my entire life.
Was the half-pipe nice? Did your Dad do a good job on the transitions and the coping?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 AM 05-01-2020

Also to this point, I would be curious to know how many people ended up in the hospital because they had an underlying but they didn't know they had the underlying until they ended up in the hospital???
[Reply]
Monticore 08:46 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Was the half-pipe nice? Did your Dad do a good job on the transitions and the coping?
It is pretty funny that I always thought skating on 2 razor thin blades of steel a one of the most slippery surfaces know to man trying to avoid 5 dudes trying to rip my head off using 5 foot pieces of lumber wearing the same deadly foot attire a safe sport, but considered skateboarding deadly not saying it isn't dangerous but that I was always too chicken to try it.
[Reply]
TLO 08:46 AM 05-01-2020
Were they from the plant?
That information isn't released, at least not right now. No information whatsoever other than 3 people hospitalized.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:46 AM 05-01-2020
Herd immunity isn’t a realistic option for all virus
And neither is a vaccine.

60 years since the human coronavirus family was discovered and there has not been a single effective/scalable vaccine created for any type of coronavirus.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:46 AM 05-01-2020
Terrific economic news:

Originally Posted by :
The United States government's Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Thursday morning that the savings rate surged to 13.1% in March -- up from 8% in February.
That's the highest savings rate since November 1981. Americans had $2.17 trillion in savings last month.
Consumers are putting more money away at a time when bank savings, money market accounts and Treasury bonds are yielding next to nothing after the Federal Reserve slashed rates to zero last month and launched numerous lending programs in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Fed chair Jerome Powell was asked about what savers should do since rates are at zero. He conceded that for people "really just relying on their bank savings account earnings, you're not going to benefit from low interest rates."

"But we have to look out for the overall economy. Low interest rates support employment, they support economic activity. And those are our mandates," he added.
Powell: "Don't save money people!"

Originally Posted by :
U.S. consumer spending plunged 7.5% in March, reflecting the growing impact of the coronavirus pandemic as Americans complied with stay-at-home orders.

The Commerce Department said that the spending decline was the sharpest monthly drop on records that go back to 1959, exceeding the previous record, a decline of 2.1% in January 1987.

Personal incomes also fell sharply last month, declining by 2% with wages and salaries, the largest part of incomes, falling by 3.1% as millions of Americans started getting lay-off notices.
Source
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:47 AM 05-01-2020
Well then stay inside and don't come out until you know everyone around you is safe.
thanks for tapping out.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 AM 05-01-2020
thanks for tapping out.
Sure thing there, bro
[Reply]
Page 1748 of 3903
« First < 748124816481698173817441745174617471748 174917501751175217581798184822482748 > Last »
Up