ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 208
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:55 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
this. I'm happy with a outline of abs at 215. No desire to giving up certain eating luxuries to make teh abs pop.

#fullhouse

:-)
I agree with the eating and abs. I might run some anavar to get the 6pack this fall before vacation. Other than that who cares.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:38 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I agree with the eating and abs. I might run some anavar to get the 6pack this fall before vacation. Other than that who cares.
you running the var solo or with some test?
[Reply]
penguinz 06:28 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
you running the var solo or with some test?
Haven't decided. Getting levels checked in the next couple of months. Will decide then.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:11 PM 06-14-2015
Saw Sweet Daddy Williams at the gym today. Came in, put lifting gloves on. Complete 5-6 sets of weighted ab crunch and side bends with a plate. Took him about half an hour for those sets because he was on his iPhone most of the time.
[Reply]
KC native 03:50 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Saw Sweet Daddy Williams at the gym today. Came in, put lifting gloves on. Complete 5-6 sets of weighted ab crunch and side bends with a plate. Took him about half an hour for those sets because he was on his iPhone most of the time.
:-)
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:47 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
puts them full house fatties right in their place!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:51 PM 06-14-2015
Hah.

I haven't done an ab workout in months. I should probably get on that.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:56 PM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss:
Haven't ran in 3 years and I'm about 10 pounds heavier now. I decided to limit my first run to 20 minutes and made it 2.1 miles. Not very good, but actually better than I expected considering I've been inactive for so long. I've also been doing some lifting, but I really need to get over my hatred for crowds in the weight area. Been cutting those sessions short.

Oh well... overall a decent first week back. Time to get nice and bronze this weekend.

Been about two weeks now and I've gotten my time down to 3 miles- 25:53 and 2 miles- 16:48.

I do run on a treadmill at 0% incline so maybe add 30-60 seconds for a real time

However, today, after about 2 -3 minutes on my cool-down walk, I decided to check my heart rate on the treadmill feature for the first time since starting to run. It read 160. I was pretty concerned with how high it was and worked back up to a moderate pace (5.5-6.0 MPH) so I could check it again. After just a couple minutes it was up to 202. I have no idea how high it got during my actual run, but it kind of freaked me out.

Now, I took about 5mg of adderall an hour before my run, but I didn't think much of it because that is basically a toddler's dose. I take 5mg twice a day, but even as low as that is, is this something I should be concerned about? Anyone have experience with stimulants like adderall and cardio training? Should I ditch it?

I guess the other possibility is that I'm just out of shape and should slow down my progress.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:16 PM 06-21-2015

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:49 PM 06-22-2015
So my $5 Ebay earbuds broke.

Can someone recommend a pair that won't fall out and sound decent?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
So my $5 Ebay earbuds broke.

Can someone recommend a pair that won't fall out and sound decent?
I would like to listen too. I've tried cheap and more expensive buds for lifting and within 1-2 months I think my sweat and the constant cord pulling from squats/deads destroys them. I have yet to fine one making it past 2 months.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:33 PM 06-22-2015
I use these:

They're called iFrogz or some bullshit like that. Roughly $11.00 at Wal-Mart. They generally last me a few months before one of the buds loses sound from the constant cord twisting when I take my phone out of my pocket and put it back in.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:36 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I use these:

They're called iFrogz or some bullshit like that. Roughly $11.00 at Wal-Mart. They generally last me a few months before one of the buds loses sound from the constant cord twisting when I take my phone out of my pocket and put it back in.
Yea that must be it with me too! One side loses sound and I just can't have that. Makes me feel like I have swimmer's ear when listening to music. I think it's the pulling and twisting of the cord since I belt up for squats/deads. Damn. I've tried those, only a few months from them too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:54 PM 06-22-2015
Well, shit. That's all I've got.

Do you guys keep your phone/iPod (lol) in your pocket or in one of those arm band thingies?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:56 PM 06-22-2015
Arm band all the way. Very convenient.

Plus I get some major flex action going on for the ladies when I reach up and change the song.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 208
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Up