ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
That’s because this board is loaded with non Kansans and a bunch of KC people dancing around singing the camp town lady.
Sing the camp town lady?

Are you drunk? Or just retarded?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:23 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sing the camp town lady?

Are you drunk? Or just retarded?
Why can't it be both?
[Reply]
Pants 11:35 PM 10-16-2018
That’s because this board is loaded with non Kansans and a bunch of KC people dancing around singing the camp town lady.
Ya. I'm sure there's a WSU forum hosted in some random Wichita basement. All 17 members are very appreciative.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:26 AM 10-17-2018
Death Penalty. Don’t worry KU fan you’ll still have KU Football.. if that’s what you want to call it.
You know it's sad when someone is jealous of KU's having a football team (if that's what we want to call it).
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:56 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
That's what kills me. Nobody cares except the NCAA. Fans don't care (rival fans do until it comes to their door), coaches don't care, players don't care. Hell, I only care that KU didn't do a better job of covering it up.

Hopefully this will turn into these players, who university's make millions off of every year, getting paid.
What's the point of having two professional basketball leagues?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:16 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
What's the point of having two professional basketball leagues?
This isn't some new phenomenon. The high major programs in both basketball & football have been paying players for 50+ years, so in essence we've had two professional basketball leagues for a long time. I'd rather have it be out in the open.

Beasley went to KSU because he liked the scenery. Cal is just so likeable. Wilt went to KU rather than being paid to play because he loved college life so much.

Then you have the NCAA telling the schools "Yea, it's ok to sign these huge contracts with shoe companies that just so happen to sponsor youth AAU teams that have the countries best players on them. But don't pay players because that's wrong."

It's been a broken system in need of fixing for a long time. It sucks that KU is the main focus at this point, but it goes on at every single medium to high major program. And this is just the beginning. If I remember correctly, Nike has already had info seized by the FBI.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 PM 10-17-2018
This isn't some new phenomenon. The high major programs in both basketball & football have been paying players for 50+ years, so in essence we've had two professional basketball leagues for a long time. I'd rather have it be out in the open.

Beasley went to KSU because he liked the scenery. Cal is just so likeable. Wilt went to KU rather than being paid to play because he loved college life so much.

Then you have the NCAA telling the schools "Yea, it's ok to sign these huge contracts with shoe companies that just so happen to sponsor youth AAU teams that have the countries best players on them. But don't pay players because that's wrong."

It's been a broken system in need of fixing for a long time. It sucks that KU is the main focus at this point, but it goes on at every single medium to high major program. And this is just the beginning. If I remember correctly, Nike has already had info seized by the FBI.
Then you have the NBA discriminating against players based on their age - and using them and the NCAA as a free cost minor league system to help reduce risk so your GM's don't get fired as much. But - none of this is the NBA's fault...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:28 PM 10-17-2018
I wish the courts would rule that the NBA can't discriminate against 18 year-olds.

And I am actually a little surprised that they allow it. You are a legal adult at 18. I don't see what compelling societal interest should allow the NBA business to discriminate against you.

A 21 drinking age presumably reduces drunk driving deaths. That is a pretty big deal.

A 19 age to get into the NBA saves NBA teams from making mistakes about drafting kids straight out of high school...

If you are 18 and have the talent to be a first round pick but not the grades/test scores to go to college, you have to waste a year sitting around or playing in Europe.

And if you have the grades to go to college, you essentially play for no more than room and board.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:33 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I wish the courts would rule that the NBA can't discriminate against 18 year-olds.

And I am actually a little surprised that they allow it. You are a legal adult at 18. I don't see what compelling societal interest should allow the NBA business to discriminate against you.

A 21 drinking age presumably reduces drunk driving deaths. That is a pretty big deal.

A 19 age to get into the NBA saves NBA teams from making mistakes about drafting kids straight out of high school...

If you are 18 and have the talent to be a first round pick but not the grades/test scores to go to college, you have to waste a year sitting around or playing in Europe.

And if you have the grades to go to college, you essentially play for no more than room and board.

don't forget the NFL.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:38 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Then you have the NBA discriminating against players based on their age - and using them and the NCAA as a free cost minor league system to help reduce risk so your GM's don't get fired as much. But - none of this is the NBA's fault...
Yup.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:40 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

As Bwillie said, the NBA is using the NCAA as a minor league system so they don't make a $50 million dollar mistake on a high school kid.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:41 PM 10-17-2018
Of course he knows. Without $$$$ to recruits they are beaker football.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:48 PM 10-17-2018
As Bwillie said, the NBA is using the NCAA as a minor league system so they don't make a $50 million dollar mistake on a high school kid.

so is the NFL
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:49 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
so is the NFL
True.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:51 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Of course he knows. Without $$$$ to recruits they are beaker football.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up