Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:07 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Van Halen was best with DLR
Agreed. Although one of my fave Van Halen albums was OU812.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:21 PM 01-11-2021
Sure, but all bands are better when they're young and hungry. That being said, there's some great stuff on the Van Hagar records. Especially the last 2.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:26 PM 01-11-2021
I liked 5150, but Van Halen will always be best with Dave as far as I'm concerned. They did not suck with Sammy mind you...I just like Diamond Dave...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:18 PM 01-11-2021
If you ever get the chance to watch "The Big Interview" on AXS tv, Sammy Hagar's interview is just amazing and what he endured as a kid. I have a deeper respect for Sammy no doubt after watching that interview.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:35 PM 01-11-2021
Absolutely, and it's not close.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:16 AM 03-16-2021

So in a more than 3 hour show, with 5 months to prepare, this is all #GRAMMYs could muster for one of the most iconic impactful artists in music history... they reached new levels of shame & disrespect. I am besides myself. #FuckTheGrammys pic.twitter.com/YRaX55WFWW

— Eddie Trunk (@EddieTrunk) March 15, 2021

[Reply]
Mennonite 11:32 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sure, but all bands are better when they're young and hungry. That being said, there's some great stuff on the Van Hagar records. Especially the last 2.

I think this is the best way of looking at things. I'm a fan of Black Sabbath and those early albums with Ozzy are better than the albums that they did with Dio in the early 80s, but the Dio stuff is much much better than what Ozzy and the guys were churning out in the late 70s.

It's a much tougher call with Van Halen. I have to say that I wasn't very impressed with Dave's solo stuff.

My favorite VH song:

[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:37 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Music has all to do with hip hop and (c)rap...not VH. Shameful.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:18 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
EVH didn't have just "one" guitar that he played on every single album or every single tour. He had hundreds of "clones" of his original, which really wasn't "original" because he had the Black & Yellow and White & Black before building the finally the Red, Black and White striped guitar, which is probably his best known guitar of the group.

Both the Black & Yellow and Black & White didn't have a Floyd Rose, whereas the Red had one installed, as did all of his subsequent guitars.

There's not much, if any, value associated with them because they were built by Fender and not by EVH himself.
the Black & White one was the "original" Frankenstrat - when he routed the body for the new humbucker and the Floyd Rose is when he put the red stripes on it.

The Black and Yellow one got buried with Dimebag Darrell.

The most "iconic" one left after the "Frankenstrat" (that Fender took and copied, down to the ciggie burns on the headstock) would be the Ibanez Destoyer, the "Jamie's Crying" guitar from the cover of Women And Children First
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:26 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I think this is the best way of looking at things. I'm a fan of Black Sabbath and those early albums with Ozzy are better than the albums that they did with Dio in the early 80s, but the Dio stuff is much much better than what Ozzy and the guys were churning out in the late 70s.

It's a much tougher call with Van Halen. I have to say that I wasn't very impressed with Dave's solo stuff.

DLR had 2 truly great solo records - Eat Em And Smile and A Li'l Ain't Enough (haven't heard the unreleased Diamond Dave with John 5 on guitar...people who have heard swear it's great. I'm sure it will start making the rounds in trading circles if it hasn't already)

And I love Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die. I think they're unfairly shit on and totally underrated simply because the first 6 records are so ****ing amazing. But "Johnny Blade", "A Hard Road", "It's Alright", "Dirty Women", "Swingin the Chain" are great. You can smell the cocaine coming out of the speakers...
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:35 PM 03-16-2021
I gotta disagree with you on those albums, man. "Dirty Women" is the only song I like on Technical Ecstasy and the only one I like on Never Say Die is the title track.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:25 AM 03-17-2021

#GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/fZK9oPUBVR

— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) March 15, 2021

[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:26 PM 04-02-2021
I suppose this could/should have gone somewhere else, but i figured it would get seen more here.

Anyway...I was prepared to not like this based on the last song i heard, but I actually think this is pretty good. Would like some more guitar solo, but that's just me. What do you all think????

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:29 PM 04-02-2021
Every time this gets bumped I’m reminded he once died
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:35 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Every time this gets bumped I’m reminded he once died
Glad I could help you remember.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up