ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Nzoner's Game Room>They are coming for the chop too
Wisconsin_Chief 11:39 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I get that some people love the chop. They're likely the same people that love doing the wave. I find both silly and played out and refuse to participate in either one, though. So it's hard for me to look at that the same way.
If the chop has to go, so be it. I don't know that they'll ever be able to pull it off, though. The Braves tried to get people to stop a few years ago and failed miserably.

Unless they are going to threaten to actively throw people out of the game, it's going to be really difficult to end it completely.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:38 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Personally, I'm not offended by it. I think the organization's move away from culturally appropriated imagery is smart and shows forethought, and and may save the name long-term. Dumping the chop and the war drum would be continued steps along that path.

But if there are Native Americans who say the name is offensive to them, it's also not my place to tell them their opinion is wrong, IMO.
Yea, of course I also think the Chiefs is a dumb name and would rather it be changed. I do not find it offensive I just don't think its good overall even though I have grown up with it.
[Reply]
Spott 07:39 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Yea, of course I also think the Chiefs is a dumb name and would rather it be changed. I do not find it offensive I just don't think its good overall even though I have grown up with it.
Soccer is, was, and always will be a shitty irrelevant chick sport.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:01 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Soccer is, was, and always will be a shitty irrelevant chick sport.
You are all are so emotional in this thread its cute.
[Reply]
srvy 08:20 PM 11-30-2022
Sporting KC is far more stupid.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:23 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sporting KC is far more stupid.
Bring back the Wiz.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:15 PM 11-30-2022
This from the epic dumbshit snowflake who hero-worships a team named “Sporting Kansas City”, “The Wizards”… and of course the original “Wiz”.

:-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:16 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This from the epic dumbshit snowflake who hero-worships a team named “Sporting Kansas City”, “The Wizards”… and of course the original “Wiz”.

:-)
Love em.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:35 PM 12-01-2022
Why do you think Chiefs is a dumb name?
[Reply]
Spott 03:57 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Why do you think Chiefs is a dumb name?
Probably because it’s way too masculine.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:56 PM 12-01-2022
I get not liking the chop and I don't care one way or another but wanting to change the name? I don't get that at all.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:01 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I get not liking the chop and I don't care one way or another but wanting to change the name? I don't get that at all.
Same.

I would gladly get rid of the chop to keep the Chiefs.

The headdresses were painfully awful.

Reminds me of this:

[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 11-30-2022
The Kansas City Crabs
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Kansas City Crabs
shut the fuck up 31-13
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 12:25 PM 11-30-2022