ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 211
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:53 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Martinez and Reyes both physically have #1 starter skills. Where both are failing is mentally. Both need to grow the fuck up. Your not teenagers anymore. Be an adult for crissakes.
The minors are filled with guys that can throw 95 plus without any idea where it's going, and any idiot can piss away their talent.

I'm so tired of the hype machine surrounding these assholes. Miller was a jackass coming through the system too, and Wacha never had more than two pitches.

Until further notice, I don't believe in any prospect this system produces: whether it's a Taveras or Gorman.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:55 PM 04-28-2019
Martinez and Reyes both physically have #1 starter skills. Where both are failing is mentally. Both need to grow the **** up. Your not teenagers anymore. Be an adult for crissakes.
I don't think you can say Reyes is failing mentally. He's blown out his arm twice now. Since coming back after the 2nd blow out he's looked more like Tyler Chatwood than a top 10 prospect. He's failing physically.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:32 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't think you can say Reyes is failing mentally. He's blown out his arm twice now. Since coming back after the 2nd blow out he's looked more like Tyler Chatwood than a top 10 prospect. He's failing physically.
not sure where you are getting your information but the issue last year was not his arm. Right lat issue. That’s on the side of the body. AND he felt uncomfortable and a little pain in that area after a start. He didn’t tell anyone. And his next start, tears that tendon. That’s an immaturity issue. He tells someone he gets a little rest and doesnt miss the whole season.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:40 PM 04-28-2019
not sure where you are getting your information but the issue last year was not his arm. Right lat issue. That’s on the side of the body. AND he felt uncomfortable and a little pain in that area after a start. He didn’t tell anyone. And his next start, tears that tendon. That’s an immaturity issue. He tells someone he gets a little rest and doesnt miss the whole season.
I haven't followed his injury and was still working under the assumption that his injury was shoulder related. However, the lat still plays an important roll in throwing a baseball.

https://www.mlb.com/news/lat-injurie...all-c230442514
[Reply]
VAChief 03:18 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Miller, Martinez, Wacha, Reyes

All of them billed as studs, all of them disappointments.

This FO cannot evaluate its own players at all.
Pitching prospects are a crapshoot...and even more so in today's game. You don’t see guys last long as studs...it’s more rare than position players.

Miller was fools gold from the start compared to our other prospects and it has proven true after he left us.

The talent in the game has accelerated greatly in the past decade. The arms we have now on those 2004/2005 teams would have blown away teams in the postseason. Wacha isn’t worse than he was in 2013, it just isn’t novel anymore. Look at the daunted Mets staff of 2015.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:21 PM 04-28-2019
Well, they're still mostly winning, though. The 9th got a little hairy today, but they held on.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 04:04 PM 04-28-2019
Both Fowler and Ozuna has overcome a beginning slump and both are on a roll. So weird typing that with Fowler's name. He currently leads the team in on base percentage.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:32 PM 04-28-2019
I remember when my Pirates were in first place.

Fun times.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:00 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
You're a fucking retard.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:24 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, they're still mostly winning, though. The 9th got a little hairy today, but they held on.
2nd best record in the NL. 3rd best in all of MLB. And they haven’t even played their best baseball yet.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:01 AM 04-29-2019
2nd best record in the NL. 3rd best in all of MLB. And they haven’t even played their best baseball yet.
I would say it is pretty close to their best, at least overall. Starting pitching has under performed expectations, but the offense is humming along better than predicted. Both Fowler and Ozuna are performing way above last year with Ozuna less of a surprise. Wong and DeJong have both surpassed their norms. Carpenter is really the only one that is below his norm.

Gant has been nails in the bullpen and Hicks has been more consistent, if still scary at times.

We have some areas that we can most likely improve, however there are areas that we could see regression as well.

All in all a pretty good place to be.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:53 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I would say it is pretty close to their best, at least overall. Starting pitching has under performed expectations, but the offense is humming along better than predicted. Both Fowler and Ozuna are performing way above last year with Ozuna less of a surprise. Wong and DeJong have both surpassed their norms. Carpenter is really the only one that is below his norm.

Gant has been nails in the bullpen and Hicks has been more consistent, if still scary at times.

We have some areas that we can most likely improve, however there are areas that we could see regression as well.

All in all a pretty good place to be.
besides Carp, yes this is the good version of this offense. I mainly thinking the starting pitching has been sub par and was expected to be a strength. That the bullpen has over performed from last year Gant etc but pieces like Miller still fuck things up.

I agree that’s it’s a good place to be. No one in here anyway, thought we’d have the 3rd best record in baseball at this point.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:46 PM 04-29-2019
Wacha fucking sucks
[Reply]
bdj23 07:04 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wacha ****ing sucks
He was all over the place. Airmailing pitches then skipping them in the dirt.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 04-29-2019
This team is teetering between really good and a fucking meltdown.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 211
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up