ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 90
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
tredadda 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lawrence has never had the ceiling of an elite QB in the NFL. The question is whether he can be an average one.
He's considered the best prospect since Luck. Pretty high ceiling according to experts.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
When you call Chase You g or Penei Sewell generational it makes sense.

The generational talent is apparent when you watch them.

Nobody can answer the question what specifically makes Lawrence’s talent “generational” because it all revolves around his teams success since he stepped foot on campus.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Burrow had a great senior season, but my goodness he was surrounded by ridiculous amounts of talent.
I liked Burrow under pressure way more than what I have seen from Lawrence. When pressure came for Burrow you could see the game slow down..he was at NFL speed before he got drafted.

There's more of a wow factor in how he plays QB for me.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Lawrence has everything you would want as a QB coming out of college. Prototypical size, accuracy, arm strength and he is a very good runner. Oh and he is a winner.
Being a winner as a college quarterback means completely nothing as it relates to the NFL.

Chase Daniel and Tim Tebow were winners.

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen were “losers”.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Imagine if Joe Burrow had to play 2 more years after last year and he gasp wasn't exactly that good all the time.
Doesn’t matter. It’s irrelevant to the point.

He was better in that 1 year than Lawrence has been in 3.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:57 PM 01-01-2021
Gonna try and give a cheap TD to Clemson.
Pathetic
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:58 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Doesn’t matter.

Like Mahomes, the tape doesn’t lie. Burrow was amazing and Lawrence hasn’t been quite that good yet.

It’s not an insult. Burrow was phenomenal and will be a great QB.
Burrow wasn’t amazing during his three non-red shirt years before last season (when he was surrounded by arguably one of the most talented offenses in college football history).

Lawrence has been consistently good during his three year collegiate career.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He's considered the best prospect since Luck. Pretty high ceiling according to experts.
He’s not Andrew Luck. Not even close.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Burrow wasn’t amazing during his three non-red shirt years before last season (when was surrounded by arguably one of the most talented offenses in college football history).

Lawrence has been consistently good during his three year collegiate career.
Yes I’ve already conceded the longevity argument before it was ever made. Keep up.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Being a winner as a college quarterback means completely nothing as it relates to the NFL.

Chase Daniel and Tim Tebow were winners.

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen were “losers”.
Yep. And I think him being a winner is largely the driving force in his hype (because it certainly isn’t his overall talent level).
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 PM 01-01-2021
Yep. And I think him being a winner is largely the driving force in his hype (because it certainly isn’t his overall talent level).
It’s obvious to anybody that can think for themselves.

This is a perfect example of how groupthink works.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:00 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Mahomes minus the winning.

But that’s only because he played with a bunch of three stars while Lawrence gets to play with a bunch of five stars.

Just because scouts were morons doesn’t mean Mahomes didn’t have any certainty.
Mahomes also had a father who lasted 10+ years in the MLB, along with a godfather who spent 20 years in MLB. The kid spent time around people like Alex Rodriquez and was never star-struck by any of those experiences. I think his upbringing is a very underrated aspect of his preparation to be a great player at the pro level.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:00 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sounds like Andrew Luck.
And Peyton Manning before him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 PM 01-01-2021
He beat Alabama as a true freshman after being the top HS recruit in the country, that's where his hype came from.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:01 PM 01-01-2021
Well done Thee Ohio State
[Reply]
Page 75 of 90
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up