ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2582 of 2690
« First < 1582208224822532257225782579258025812582 2583258425852586259226322682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:22 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You were begging for Mahomes to address them publicly. I told you he would never do that.

Not because he didn't have the fire in himself but because it's not the way he's been wired growing up and definitely not the way Reid would want a QB dealing with it.

Yesterday we saw how that all ends when the gasket blows. He's not a cyborg who brushes off this stuff. It's personal, it's hard for him, and it's extremely taxing.

It was an epic level of frustration for a guy who has been wired to keep those emotions in check. But I was happy to see it because - damn - it's been a tough season and yesterday was just absolutely brutal.

If he had the usual "I need to do better" routine alongside Reid, I truly might've thought they just became complacent and lost the plot. I was glad with the fire.
I absolutely understand being loyal. It's admirable. But Reid can let loyalty blind him.

I hate Bellicheat. Can't stand that asshole. But, if drops were this bad on one of his Brady teams, he would have cut someone when it became an obvious problem, and the drops would have stopped.

Reid just can't hold players accountable that way. I love Reid, but maybe that is how BB turned all his conference championship games into Super Bowls, and Reid just had a lot of conference championship games and only one SB appearance before he landed the greatest QB in history.

Having said all that, I do believe when you are the best player in the world, the face of the league, and already a first ballot HOFer after 7 years, your words carry a lot of weight. If Reid and Nagy won't hold the receivers accountable, then Mahomes is the only one who can.

I would love to read an article about how the Chiefs receivers held a receivers only meeting, and they acknowledged how they are the laughing stock of the league, and they are going to hold each other accountable, and about how they have vowed to put in the extra work it's going to take to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, no article like that is coming. MVS is so oblivious to reality, when asked about his struggles this season, he said he had no idea what the reporter meant.

Now, maybe the outburst by Mahomes will be enough to wake the receivers TF up to their need to take responsibility and to take steps to correct the issues.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:25 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I absolutely understand being loyal. It's admirable. But Reid can let loyalty blind him.

I hate Bellicheat. Can't stand that asshole. But, if drops were this bad on one of his Brady teams, he would have cut someone when it became an obvious problem, and the drops would have stopped.

Reid just can't hold players accountable that way. I love Reid, but maybe that is how BB turned all his conference championship games into Super Bowls, and Reid just had a lot of conference championship games and only one SB appearance before he landed the greatest QB in history.

Having said all that, I do believe when you are the best player in the world, the face of the league, and already a first ballot HOFer after 7 years, your words carry a lot of weight. If Reid and Nagy won't hold the receivers accountable, then Mahomes is the only one who can.

I would love to read an article about how the Chiefs receivers held a receivers only meeting, and they acknowledged how they are the laughing stock of the league, and they are going to hold each other accountable, and about how they have vowed to put in the extra work it's going to take to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, no article like that is coming. MVS is so oblivious to reality, when asked about his struggles this season, he said he had no idea what the reporter meant.

Now, maybe the outburst by Mahomes will be enough to wake the receivers TF up to their need to take responsibility and to take steps to correct the issues.
You’re walking into a very obvious rebuttal with this point
[Reply]
DRM08 09:27 PM 12-11-2023

Belichick might be pretty ruthless with the players, but he seems to have a soft spot for his assistant coaches. Too loyal with some of his coaching staff. That's how he got the insane idea of putting Joe Judge & Matt Patricia in the offensive coordinator job, even though neither of those guys had a background on the offensive side of the ball.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:38 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Belichick might be pretty ruthless with the players, but he seems to have a soft spot for his assistant coaches. Too loyal with some of his coaching staff. That's how he got the insane idea of putting Joe Judge & Matt Patricia in the offensive coordinator job, even though neither of those guys had a background on the offensive side of the ball.
That could be why, but I also think that BB believes he is smarter than everyone else.

Making defensive guys the OC is exactly the kind of thing that would have worked with Brady at QB, making BB look like a genius. I bet he absolutely believed those guys would succeed, making him look smarter than everyone else.

But, he does like his kids, and can't seem to kick guys loose permanently, so maybe you are right.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:38 PM 12-11-2023

Belichick has done jack and shit without Brady. What did you smoke today with this garbage?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:57 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You were begging for Mahomes to address them publicly. I told you he would never do that.

Not because he didn't have the fire in himself but because it's not the way he's been wired growing up and definitely not the way Reid would want a QB dealing with it.

Yesterday we saw how that all ends when the gasket blows. He's not a cyborg who brushes off this stuff. It's personal, it's hard for him, and it's extremely taxing.

It was an epic level of frustration for a guy who has been wired to keep those emotions in check. But I was happy to see it because - damn - it's been a tough season and yesterday was just absolutely brutal.

If he had the usual "I need to do better" routine alongside Reid, I truly might've thought they just became complacent and lost the plot. I was glad with the fire.
Right there's nothing wrong w showing emotions and getting pissed from time to time. I think the problem is when you do it too often but Brady was always yelling and he still won 7 SBs.

Still, probably not the best approach to take. Or if you let your emotions lead to making bad decisions but the game was over by the time he lost it so that wasn't a risk.

It's just a bad look to the rest of the league because to a lot of other fans think Mahomes gets all the calls. So for him to complain about the refs, to those fans, he seems like he is a crybaby and a hypocrite.

Us Chief fans know he isn't like that for the most part. He's ultra competitive and loves his teammates so sometimes he will want a flag. However, I've never seen anything too bad out of him in that regard.

His popularity will take a bit of a dive w this but at the end of the day he's got money and Chiefs Nation behind him so he just needs to stay focused on his job, learn from the outburst, and continue to try to improve every day. Then, I think he will be alright man.

He will never be MJ like popular anyway due to certain factors so **** it. He just needs to stay focused..
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:25 PM 12-11-2023
Pat shouldn't have apologized for being right but I understand why he did
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:33 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Belichick has done jack and shit without Brady. What did you smoke today with this garbage?
I didn't say he did anything without Brady. I think he is a fraud. But, when he had Brady, he never would have let the receivers get this far into a season sabotaging the team with their drops and poor play.

Please point out where I said BB was anything without Brady.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:39 PM 12-11-2023
Reid and Veach has fucked up this offense so badly that guys like Devito and Levis have looked better than Mahomes. And no, that’s not saying they are better, just that they’ve surrounded Mahomes with one of the worst supporting casts on offense in recent memory. Simply inexcusable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:33 AM 12-12-2023
I didn't say he did anything without Brady. I think he is a fraud. But, when he had Brady, he never would have let the receivers get this far into a season sabotaging the team with their drops and poor play.

Please point out where I said BB was anything without Brady.
You were crying that Belichick turned conference championships into Superbowls. He didn't do that, Brady did. You can't hold Mahomes against Reid and then suck off BB in the same sentence, dude.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:36 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Reid and Veach has ****ed up this offense so badly that guys like Devito and Levis have looked better than Mahomes. And no, that’s not saying they are better, just that they’ve surrounded Mahomes with one of the worst supporting casts on offense in recent memory. Simply inexcusable.
They overestimated Mahomes' ability to work with the garbage FA signings they made last summer. The loss of the two tackles plus Juju was a recipe for disaster from the start. Did they really think MVS or Sky Moore were going to step up? Mahomes needs a solid offensive line plus at least 2 weapons that can catch passes to be at his best.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:55 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You were crying that Belichick turned conference championships into Superbowls. He didn't do that, Brady did. You can't hold Mahomes against Reid and then suck off BB in the same sentence, dude.
I said the difference between Reid and BB may be the fact that BB would cut players who kept dropping the ball and costing them games, and Reid would keep that player.

That has nothing to do with Brady. I said BB thinks he is smarter than everyone, because Brady would make his bad decisions look good. Like, Brady would have made the offense work with Matt Patricia as the DC.

Just because YOU think BB couldn't do it without Brady, doesn't mean that's what I said or intimated.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 AM 12-12-2023

Patrick Mahomes joined @cdotharrison on #TheDrive and explained that he regrets the way he reacted on the sideline following the offside call on Toney.

FULL INTERVIEW HERE: https://t.co/sxAe97qQni pic.twitter.com/Fv61ilbWR1

— 610SportsKC (@610SportsKC) December 11, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:30 AM 12-12-2023
Let Clay and Pete cook. The more they complain, the better our odds
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:03 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Reid and Veach has fucked up this offense so badly that guys like Devito and Levis have looked better than Mahomes. And no, that’s not saying they are better, just that they’ve surrounded Mahomes with one of the worst supporting casts on offense in recent memory. Simply inexcusable.
Look at the guys making plays for the Giants. Do you genuinely believe that Isaiah Hodgins is some playmaker who's more talented than our guys?

That's why I just keep getting back to coaching with them. These guys, while maybe not world beaters, are just underperforming. They're not even playing at the level of replacement caliber guys.

They're not superstars but they're better than THIS.

The coaching (and, IMO, rotations) are really making things worse than they need to be. I've seen all these guys that are playing like ass go out there and make plays as good or better than what we're seeing from the Hodgins and Robinson's of the world. They're capable of it.

They're simply out of sorts.
[Reply]
Page 2582 of 2690
« First < 1582208224822532257225782579258025812582 2583258425852586259226322682 > Last »
Up