ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 72
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:26 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Are we sure that Deberg wasn’t trolling?
Is there any other kind?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM 01-08-2021

Reports coming out that Eric Bieniemy didn’t have a good interview with the Falcons.

Flash back to 2019 when PFN Insider @AllbrightNFL reported that Bieniemy hadn’t impressed during interviews.

Allbright repeated this on PFN Weekly a few weeks ago.https://t.co/SML0deKcHj

— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) January 9, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 10:25 PM 01-08-2021
This stuff is making the rounds on social media...that his college stuff will hold him back. Teams don't wanna have to answer questions about why your new HC covered up sexual assault etc.

I don't really buy it but it's out there.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 PM 01-08-2021
I had no idea of this, but Bienemy placed third in the Heisman voting in 1990: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-1990.html. He actually got a lot of first place votes.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:34 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had no idea of this, but Bienemy placed third in the Heisman voting in 1990: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-1990.html. He actually got a lot of first place votes.

He was very good. That 1990 National Championship Colorado team had a lot of stud athletes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 PM 01-08-2021

I’m not plugging my ears and refusing to believe it, but I also know how the NFL works. If the Falcons believe the Chiefs are going to go far in the playoffs and will have to wait awhile to hire their head coach, it could make some sense to feign disinterest in the guy everybody is thinking you’ll hire.

Again, I realize Bieniemy might very well be a bad interview, but he sure does check a lot of the boxes for guys you’d want as a head coach. Maybe that’s a deal breaker for the falcons, but I find it really hard to believe that no franchise is going to give him a shot
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 PM 01-08-2021
I’m just fucking bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:58 PM 01-08-2021
I’m just fucking bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.
He’ll get a job this year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:04 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I don't think so. Enough teams seem to be interested in college coaches and retreads that whatever is holding Bieniemy back here may just continue to do so. His best chance was probably the Texans because of Watson and he's not even getting the chance to interview there.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I really don’t think so man.

The Jags job is Urban Meyer’s if he wants it. He’s apparently told people he expects to be in Jacksonville.

Texans aren’t interested.

Sounds like his Falcons interview didn’t go well.

That probably leaves the Lions, Chargers, and Jets.

I think Daboll gets 1 of those jobs for sure.

That leaves Bieniemy, Saleh, Brady, and Smith to compete with for 2 jobs (and the Texans which we know he isn’t getting).
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:08 PM 01-08-2021
What is the speculation about why he is bad in interviews? Does he show up in shorts? Forget people’s names? Doesn’t send a thank you note afterwards? It doesn’t seem reasonable that he doesn’t know football but it’s got to be something fairly consistent with him that others pick up on.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 PM 01-08-2021
I really don’t think so man.

The Jags job is Urban Meyer’s if he wants it. He’s apparently told people he expects to be in Jacksonville.

Texans aren’t interested.

Sounds like his Falcons interview didn’t go well.

That probably leaves the Lions, Chargers, and Jets.

I think Daboll gets 1 of those jobs for sure.

That leaves Bieniemy, Saleh, Brady, and Smith probably fighting for 2 jobs.
Daboll could easily end up in Houston. He, Caserio, and Easterby all share the same agent.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Daboll could easily end up in Houston. He, Caserio, and Easterby all share the same agent.
Shit I forgot about the Texans in the end that post lol. I’m too high.

Daboll will end up in LA or Houston.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:17 PM 01-08-2021
Houston's new GM better ASAP schedule an interview with EB

it's amazing that they never even lined up an interview with him...

that is why watson is so upset...

it's not the GM, its EB :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:18 PM 01-08-2021
Shit I forgot about the Texans in the end that post lol. I’m too high.

Daboll will end up in LA or Houston.
There's still so many names being floated out there though. Saleh, Eberflus, Staley, Bieniemy, Daboll, Brady, and Smith are the obvious ones but you've got guys like Bowles, Lewis, and Caldwell getting interviews and then the college ranks after that.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 72
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up