ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Extending Travis Kelce [4 years, $57m, $28m guaranteed]
Dante84 12:08 PM 08-13-2020

Sources: The #Chiefs are closing in on signing star TE Travis Kelce to a long-term extension – at least 5 years – that keeps him in a KC uniform catching passes from Patrick Mahomes for the foreseeable future. Keeping their best players...

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

Very quietly, KC and the agents for Travis Kelce have been working on an extension to pay him according to his production. This should be done in the next day or so. The #Chiefs continue to do work. https://t.co/maqWkpFQD3

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

Direckshun 12:46 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wonder if this will give us enough cap space to rollover to next year so we don’t need to make any major cuts if the cap drops.
I bet the deal absolutely lowers his 2021 cap hit.
Gravedigger 12:47 PM 08-13-2020
Who wouldn't want to come to Kansas City after this kind of loyalty? Great job Veach, figured this was a year or two away from happening but he's in a mood so just let him work.
Mecca 12:49 PM 08-13-2020

The Chiefs had 177 dollars in cap space in March and locked in the core of their Super Bowl team longterm anyway. Remember that next time a GM makes financial excuses.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) August 13, 2020

Tribal Warfare 12:49 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:
They need to start selling Veach Jerseys ....
They probably have some at the University of Delaware
JohnnyHammersticks 12:50 PM 08-13-2020
Burt Vlach's name will go down in NFL history. Talk about someone who's amazing at their job.
RunKC 12:51 PM 08-13-2020
Pat has Kelce, Hill, Hardman and Edwards-Helaire OM his team for the next 3 seasons.

Nice
DRM08 12:51 PM 08-13-2020
Impressive work by Veach. Hopefully this does not backfire on them like the Berry & Houston contracts. Kelce is a Chiefs legend, but he turns 31 in less than 2 months. The good thing is elite tight ends are pretty cheap compared to elite receivers.
BossChief 12:55 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I bet the deal absolutely lowers his 2021 cap hit.
It should clear 5.5m.
tatorhog 12:56 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Impressive work by Veach. Hopefully this does not backfire on them like the Berry & Houston contracts. Kelce is a Chiefs legend, but he turns 31 in less than 2 months. The good thing is elite tight ends are pretty cheap compared to elite receivers.
The nice thing is, with the established weapons at the other skill positions that we have and are retaining, Kelce doesn't have to be the focal point. Even as he gets long in the tooth, he can still be a very high level contributor, moreso having extensive time in the system. Less wear and tear over the long haul.

Veach has done a hell of a job getting these guys locked down.
Mecca 12:57 PM 08-13-2020
To me the funniest part of all of this is how every fan of the league has been conditioned that the only way to win is the Patriots way. Which means everyone thinks we're blowing all our cap space and will suck in the future because "cap hell is coming" literally everyone thinks the only way to win is to fuck over your great players cause that's what the Pats did.
wazu 01:00 PM 08-13-2020
Awesome! Now Kelce needs to grab a mic, talk about our inevitable dynasty, and guarantee 10+ rings.
DRM08 01:00 PM 08-13-2020
So I guess this means we get Kelce & Mahomes at Lake Tahoe for at least the next 6 years.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:01 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It should clear 5.5m.
It’s an extension. Unless you want to give him 20 mil a year in year 5 and 6 we should just keep where his numbers are now
DRM08 01:04 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To me the funniest part of all of this is how every fan of the league has been conditioned that the only way to win is the Patriots way. Which means everyone thinks we're blowing all our cap space and will suck in the future because "cap hell is coming" literally everyone thinks the only way to win is to **** over your great players cause that's what the Pats did.
To be fair, it looks like the Chiefs have gotten discounts from Mahomes, Jones, Watkins, and probably Kelce. They are not paying top dollar for these guys. The next question will be Tyreek. I would hope he understands his best chance to make the Hall of Fame is staying with Mahomes. And a little loyalty from him in general would be nice to see after the Chiefs showed enormous faith in him despite multiple scandals off the field.
Mecca 01:05 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
To be fair, it looks like the Chiefs have gotten discounts from Mahomes, Jones, Watkins, and probably Kelce. They are not paying top dollar for these guys. The next question will be Tyreek. I would hope he understands his best chance to make the Hall of Fame is staying with Mahomes. And a little loyalty from him in general would be nice to see after the Chiefs showed enormous faith in him despite multiple scandals off the field.
It still doesn't change that the vast majority of fans think you have to replace all of your players except your QB when it's time to pay them or you'll suck because hey Patriots.
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up