ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
petegz28 06:39 PM 08-17-2018
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ford did what he’s supposed to do. The ILB is supposed to flow and fill after ford sets the edge. Ideally he’d disengage and make a tackle but first and foremost he has to keep everything turned inside to pursuit.

That’s on Eligwe and the other ILB who have both seemed pretty meh.
You're right. Idk why I said he did a poor job of setting the edge. He actually set the edge pretty well by funneling the ball carrier inside, he just couldn't disengage to make a play.

Still like to see a 1st rounder in his fifth year make that tackle.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're right. Idk why I said he did a poor job of setting the edge. He actually set the edge pretty well by funneling the ball carrier inside, he just couldn't disengage to make a play.

Still like to see a 1st rounder in his fifth year make that tackle.
For sure he needs to get off the block and make the play, but he did what he needs to do there otherwise. Ideally with the starters at mlb that’s a yard or two gain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
So are you happy with the current state of the defense? Were you happy with Reid's decision to keep Sutton?
I don’t think anybody could have done a good job with last year’s defense. Players win NFL games. With Pioli’s players, Sutton was more than adequate. Now that those guys are gone or gimped, it isn’t a surprise the defense sucks. Firing Sutton doesn’t change anything. They need better players.

As for whether or not I’m happy with the current state, I will let you know after preseason is over. You can’t evaluate a unit in preseason. They’ve had a ton of turnover. That’s all I can really get into right now - they’re trying.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 08-20-2018
Just gonna drop this here...

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs dropped an outside linebacker in coverage 6.5 percent of the first three quarters. Just like last week, that is well below their 2017 average and music to Chiefs fans’ ears.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...mpression=true
[Reply]
Rausch 11:01 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.
I have no doubt this year we'll be a true BBDB defense (much like the Pats) - best case scenario...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:12 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just gonna drop this here...
You know what that is. Get it off my lawn...
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:58 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I have no doubt this year we'll be a true BBDB defense (much like the Pats) - best case scenario...
If the run defense improves that could work. It's hard to watch when you are getting gashed by the run.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
If the run defense improves that could work. It's hard to watch when you are getting gashed by the run.
Yeah, I had this conversation with a buddy the other day in regards to the pass rush.

It's hard to rush the passer when you're getting gashed constantly by the run. If they can stop the run and get in some actual pass situations, hopefully the pass rush can be more consistent.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:40 AM 08-25-2018
This guy can't even get the starting defense to compete against backups. The Bears backup defense has gotten more pressure than our starting defense has against the Bears backups
[Reply]
PmCakes 11:42 AM 08-25-2018
Time to fire the old man. Just watch Terrance mitchell find success with the Browns. Ron Parker do big things in Atlanta. This will be painful.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 11:47 AM 08-25-2018
Fewest Sacks, Season, 10
Kansas City Chiefs: 2008

This record may be in Jeopardy.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:39 PM 08-25-2018
I've officially seen enough of the Bend-But-Don't-Break defensive philosophy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Fewest Sacks, Season, 10
Kansas City Chiefs: 2008

This record may be in Jeopardy.
Nah. Between Houston, Jones and KPass that's a good 20 sacks, easy.

The issue is...who else is getting to the QB?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:49 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Nah. Between Houston, Jones and KPass that's a good 20 sacks, easy.

The issue is...who else is getting to the QB?
Ford will be good for some, although I suspect most will be garbage time or meaningless.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:38 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Ford will be good for some, although I suspect most will be garbage time or meaningless.
Ford's the antithesis of what Veach covers in a passrusher. Hence next season IMO the Chiefs should have a 2019 1st round passrusher on the roster.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up