ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
petegz28 06:39 PM 08-17-2018
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:48 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ford did a horrible job of setting the edge as well.

I'm afraid he just lacks the strength to ever be a solid run defender. On that play, you can see he's so overwhelmed, he focuses 100% on the blocker, ignoring the ball carrier entirely in the process.

Houston disengages as the RB approaches the hole and squeezes inside to stop that play for a 1-2 yard gain.
Ford and this guy Niemann( I know everyone loves this guy but after watching him play) are too small to your point. Ford has no instincts to smell out a play and why he looks clueless after the fact and both cannot shed blocks to your point again. I will give Neiman this that he has instincts but he cannot get off the blocks because of his size and lack of strength and gets caught up in the traffic.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:53 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Let me guess, you played a little football in high school and probably even started a few games. Is that how you developed such keen "football eyes?"
It was more than just a little my friend and at a level above most.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:01 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Complete bullshit. You never played college football and I have my suspicions that you never played any sports in high school based on some of your dumb assed opinions on the psyche of an athlete on this board. You are quite possible the biggest blowhard dipshit on CP and that is really saying something.
[Reply]
O.city 01:06 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ford did a horrible job of setting the edge as well.

I'm afraid he just lacks the strength to ever be a solid run defender. On that play, you can see he's so overwhelmed, he focuses 100% on the blocker, ignoring the ball carrier entirely in the process.

Houston disengages as the RB approaches the hole and squeezes inside to stop that play for a 1-2 yard gain.
Ford did what he’s supposed to do. The ILB is supposed to flow and fill after ford sets the edge. Ideally he’d disengage and make a tackle but first and foremost he has to keep everything turned inside to pursuit.

That’s on Eligwe and the other ILB who have both seemed pretty meh.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:12 PM 08-19-2018
Complete bullshit. You never played college football and I have my suspicions that you never played any sports in high school based on some of your dumb assed opinions on the psyche of an athlete on this board. You are quite possible the biggest blowhard dipshit on CP and that is really saying something.
I see you still have personal issues with me. So much for your mea culpa apology PM.

Dude get some help.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:14 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ford did what he’s supposed to do. The ILB is supposed to flow and fill after ford sets the edge. Ideally he’d disengage and make a tackle but first and foremost he has to keep everything turned inside to pursuit.

That’s on Eligwe and the other ILB who have both seemed pretty meh.
Ford has no instincts whatsoever and cannot shed blocks PERIOD. He is a bust. Just cut bait with this guy emotionally already okay?
[Reply]
O.city 01:14 PM 08-19-2018
Ford has no instincts whatsoever and cannot shed blocks PERIOD. He is a bust. Just cut bait with this guy emotionally already okay?
Sure he didn’t get off the block, but again, he turned the rb back in to the ILB. Did his job there.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:27 PM 08-19-2018
I see you still have personal issues with me. So much for your mea culpa apology PM.

Dude get some help.:-)
Are you going to tell me that you were some badass college football player at Kansas Newman or that the Denver Seminary has one of the best intramural football programs in the country? The only problem I have ever had with you is that you hold yourself up on this board to be something you aren't. Making a statement like "you can tell who hasn't played the game" to back up your opinion is just stupid at a level that is hard to comprehend. And then to come back with "I've played at a higher level than most" when your original "football eyes" comment was questioned when I know you attended probably the weakest school in the state of Kansas when it comes to football is just ludicrous.

I don't need any help. You need to look at yourself in a mirror and realize you follow very few of the principles you proclaim to (at least on CP).
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:30 PM 08-19-2018
Teacher: "Johnny, please use the word 'dictate' in a sentence."

Johnny: "Yes, ma'am. 'Yo bitch, how my dictate last night?!'"
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:32 PM 08-19-2018
I'm so sorry. I didn't realize your dumbassery over the years was related to CTE. Please forgive me.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:34 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure he didn’t get off the block, but again, he turned the rb back in to the ILB. Did his job there.
My point being to few and far between. He is just not good.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:35 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm so sorry. I didn't realize your dumbassery over the years was related to CTE. Please forgive me.
Are smoking your pipe organ with weed again??
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:50 PM 08-19-2018
Are you going to tell me that you were some badass college football player at Kansas Newman or that the Denver Seminary has one of the best intramural football programs in the country? The only problem I have ever had with you is that you hold yourself up on this board to be something you aren't. Making a statement like "you can tell who hasn't played the game" to back up your opinion is just stupid at a level that is hard to comprehend. And then to come back with "I've played at a higher level than most" when your original "football eyes" comment was questioned when I know you attended probably the weakest school in the state of Kansas when it comes to football is just ludicrous.

I don't need any help. You need to look at yourself in a mirror and realize you follow very few of the principles you proclaim to (at least on CP).
I will help you here. Newman doesn't have a football team. There was a college life before Newman my friend. Didn't think of that did you?:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:53 PM 08-19-2018
I will help you here. Newman doesn't have a football team. There was a college life before Newman my friend. Didn't think of that did you?:-)
Okay, champ. :-)
[Reply]
milkman 02:13 PM 08-19-2018
So, did you have "your football eyes" implanted at this level, and did they do it for the rest of the team. or were you a special case?

Wait.
I already know the answer.

You were clearly "special".
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up