ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:23 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

1986 just called. It says you're a fucking retard.
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Don't break their bubble man. Don't you realize nothing that hasn't happened in the last 10 years counts? Unless we are talking about Celebs un-PC tweets, blogs, whatever, then there isn't an expiration.
They've already 'explained it.'

Ridley was female by casting, there was no femininity in her heroics.

It doesn't count as social progress if you just 'stuntcast' a woman into a man's role. You're not diversifying the actual narratives.

[Don't ask me how they reconcile Sarah Connor being driven by maternal instinct. I'm sure they came up with something about the bourgeoisie and patriarchal roleplay.]
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:24 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
It
I couldn't get over how much Annette Benning looks like Tom Skerritt without the mustache. I mean, she looks great for her age, but I guess that means so does he. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lol didn't realize this till just now.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:27 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Don't break their bubble man. Don't you realize nothing that hasn't happened in the last 10 years counts? Unless we are talking about Celebs un-PC tweets, blogs, whatever, then there isn't an expiration.
:-)
In 1991 my friends and I realized how much of a badass she was in that movie AND we ALWAYS realized that a woman was going to eventually kill the killer in any slasher.
[Reply]
Fish 03:51 PM 03-10-2019
I thought it was OK. A little underwhelming. I didn't really like how drastically they changed things from the comics. Most of the changes felt completely unnecessary.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sully 03:57 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Lol didn't realize this till just now.
Yeah. Now try to un-see it!

[Reply]
Sully 03:59 PM 03-10-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:00 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
Yeah. Now try to un-see it!

I can't ...oh man lol
[Reply]
Sully 04:00 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I enjoyed it...the 3rd act definitely was the best. Fragmented and a little slow at the beginning but solid. I thought Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel were done just fine by Brie Larson as well. Some changes from the comic for sure but didn't bother me. It might bother some hardcore comic people at what was changed. Think if you are a marvel movie fan go see it. The audience I was in clapped at the beginning of the movie when the marvel studios part was loading...pretty awesome. 2 end credit scenes...1st one is right away and is related to end game. Not absolutely necessary to see it but made me go...oh ok damn. 2nd one was a funny one.

I enjoyed the 90s references.

I probably will buy it on Blu-ray and might see it one more time.
The Marvel Studios opening was legit the most emotional part of the movie.

And I also lived Stan's cameo, and the script he was practicing.

[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:42 PM 03-10-2019
Just saw the movie. All I can say is...meh.

Not a bad movie just not a great one. The Skrull make up looked goofy and amateurish. The "Grrrrrrril" rock songs got old after the second song.

Seems like there was a better movie lurking under the surface, it just couldn't get out.

And one big thing that made no sense...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:43 PM 03-10-2019
I just got out of the theater an hour ago and I don’t get any of the fuss about the political stuff.

There’s one “girl power” scene the entire movie and it wasn’t out of place.

Anyone who’s complaining about it probably also yells at clouds.

It’s a solid 7/10 for me. The first half was super slow but after that it was entertaining.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:42 PM 03-10-2019
Can someone spoil the End Game end-credits scene?
[Reply]
1claire 07:07 PM 03-10-2019
Listen, my captain marvel reaction shouldn’t hold any weight it’s the opinion of an “internet comedian” but don’t come at me about the woman thing. Wonder Woman made me want to be Wonder Woman I just didn’t like captain marvel like Y'all acting like Marvel can’t make a bad movie.

One of the funniest review that I have seen on social media.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:09 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Can someone spoil the End Game end-credits scene?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:04 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
There’s one “girl power” scene the entire movie and it wasn’t out of place.

Anyone who’s complaining about it probably also yells at clouds.

The political "girl power" stuff is from Larson's mouth outside of the movie while promoting the movie - has nothing to do with the movie itself other than having the lead be a female. Pay attention.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:14 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
The political "girl power" stuff is from Larson's mouth outside of the movie while promoting the movie - has nothing to do with the movie itself other than having the lead be a female. Pay attention.
That's kind of what it seemed like leading up to the movie. She can use this movie all she wants to promote whatever world view she'd like, I really couldn't care less. I just want a good Marvel movie as I've come to expect from them, that's it. Just don't go full The Last Jedi on me, and everything will be fine.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up