ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 74
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:16 PM 05-11-2020
Mecca remember when you said the season wasn't gonna get played because the CBA wouldn't get passed? Lulz.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:16 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Likelihood of college and high school football this fall?
If I had to guess, less than 10%. Same with the NFL. I just don't see how they can demand social distancing and have 80k inside a stadium. Even if you make people sit 6 feet apart, how do you keep them from all trying to go the bathroom or snack bar at the same time? Hard to keep that many people separated in the concourses and bathrooms. And if you are only allowing people to sit 6 feet apart, that removes a lot of season ticket holders. Last I knew, there were over 60k in just season tickets.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:18 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Mecca remember when you said the season wasn't gonna get played because the CBA wouldn't get passed? Lulz.
That would have actually been next season....at least be proper with your info.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:18 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

And let’s say a player tests positive. They go on the injury report as Covid19 isolation for 3 weeks and then get tested again for clearance to return to the team.
what if that player is Mahomes….and its during a critical run? Or even worse, halfway through the playoffs?
[Reply]
tk13 01:19 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
He isn't appointed and has been in every administration since GB Sr I believe. It takes an act of God to fire them sadly.
He was appointed by Ronald Reagan during his first term in office.

That's the real sign of how messed up we are. Here's a guy who's served under every Democrat and Republican administration for about 40 years, is the leading expert in his field, and now dudes on the internet think they know more than the guy.

And to put another layer of psycho on it, they think he was put in to be the puppet of a 29 year old software developer who was just starting to become famous.

I mean, that's pretty insane.
[Reply]
O.city 01:19 PM 05-11-2020
I can't imagine them playing out the year with no fans. That would be brutal.
[Reply]
tk13 01:21 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If I had to guess, less than 10%. Same with the NFL. I just don't see how they can demand social distancing and have 80k inside a stadium. Even if you make people sit 6 feet apart, how do you keep them from all trying to go the bathroom or snack bar at the same time? Hard to keep that many people separated in the concourses and bathrooms. And if you are only allowing people to sit 6 feet apart, that removes a lot of season ticket holders. Last I knew, there were over 60k in just season tickets.
I kind of doubt there will be many fans either way. The million dollar question is can they keep the players healthy enough to keep the virus from wrecking the schedule or knocking a quarter of a team out for two weeks.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:

That's the real sign of how messed up we are. Here's a guy who's served under every Democrat and Republican administration for about 40 years, is the leading expert in his field, and now dudes on the internet think they know more than the guy.

And to put another layer of psycho on it, they think he was put in to be the puppet of a 29 year old software developer who was just starting to become famous.

Yea it's also the 5G towers fault too!

Random dude on the internet thinking he knows more than the leading expert in his field is everything that is wrong with people today.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:23 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fauci says in that article that millions of antigen tests should be available by August. The FDA authorized the first antigen test 3 days ago which is a rapid detection test. A billion dollar company will absolutely buying thousands of said tests for their business.

You can absolutely have the season if testing is widely available. Test twice a week; once before you leave for a road game and another the day after returning. You could probably have players show up an hour earlier and sit in their car to get the antigen test to enhance social distancing after a game for proper testing procedure.

Other adjustments will be made obviously. No fans, less staff on game day, traveling same day as games to avoid hotels, etc.

And let’s say a player tests positive. They go on the injury report as Covid19 isolation for 3 weeks and then get tested again for clearance to return to the team.

This really shouldn’t be a major issue of testing is available at all times.
I like this outlook.... I think we will also need to provide Patrick Mahomes with enough N95 masks to wear off the field for the entire season. Failing that, I'm willing to jump in front of him whenever it looks like someone is about to cough or sneeze in his direction
[Reply]
notorious 01:24 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can't imagine them playing out the year with no fans. That would be brutal.
You know there is some nerd out there that’s got a program written to auto-fill images and sound of a crowd into a tv broadcast.
[Reply]
srvy 01:24 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:

Yeah isn't it funny how money changes people?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
You know there is some nerd out there that’s got a program written to auto-fill images and sound of a crowd into a tv broadcast.
I hope so because UFC with no crowd noise this weekend was pretty awkward.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:26 PM 05-11-2020
The coaches can call from the booth. But if one member of the 53 tests positive you have to forfeit?
Will the competitor in them accept those rules
[Reply]
carcosa 01:27 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Season ticket holders could have their cheers broadcast over the PA system via Zoom
[Reply]
RunKC 01:28 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea it isn't just them though.....lets think about this...

think about how many people it takes to execute a professional football game.

Even without fans, it is still hundreds of people each game.
Widespread testing before and after games will solve this problem.

Originally Posted by :
Basically for this to work, all players, refs, coaches, production teams, etc have to exist in isolation for the entire season in order to minimize their exposure to people.
Again. Widespread testing solves this problem

Originally Posted by :
NFL and networks will need to charter private planes exclusively while losing a significant chunk of profits due to lack of gate. Media access has to be heavily watered down and restricted as well.
Most teams have private planes. Easy for a billionaire to rent one if needed as well as a cleaning crew.

Originally Posted by :
God forbid a production crew flies commercial, contracts it, gives it to someone and then it gets to a player or coach. Season ends right there.
Nobody is flying commercial dude :-)

Originally Posted by :
Each team has 53 players on their roster. So 106 people already.

Then you have about 15-20 in regards to coaching staff, so another 30-40.

Then you have medical staff, which I dont know the exact number on.

By the time you count refs, chains and down guys, ball guys, production crews, security staff, and so on, you're well over 200 people.
Staff will be limited. Example: you don’t need 3 trainers, can bring 2. And again, widespread testing solves this problem.

Originally Posted by :
Media and sideline reporters arent essential to the function of the game so they can adapt but again bare minimum, each week you're going to have to have 200+ people traveling to be in close proximity with each other.

Oh and then remember there are 32 teams and 16 will be traveling each week with the exception of bye week teams. This is a logistical nightmare. Not impossible to do right but incredibly expensive and risky
Media will have to be virtual. Leave headphones for interviews. Owners likely won’t lose money if hotels aren’t needed due to fly/play same day procedure. Oh and did I mention testing?

Originally Posted by :
The college season is even more of a logistical nightmare. To the point that I dont think having a college football season is possible at all.

Pulling off the NFL season is complicated and risky enough. Given the number of teams and college environments, a college season would be a disaster, especially in states where they force students back to classrooms.

I didn't even mention during all of that how many of the head coaches/assistant coaches would be considered in the high risk group, Andy Reid would be dead set in it.
Testing. Widespread. It solves this problem, yeah? That’s what will be key to everything.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 74
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up