ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 41
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
icepick64 04:25 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Xavier Worthy
Please no...Jon Ross 2.0
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:36 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Maybe I’m missing something, but why would we care how he might have done against bottom-feeders?

Impress me by doing great against the best competition possible.

I have no dog in this fight, but using that argument seems strange to me.
I am pointing out the McConkey missed the first 4 games last year, which included the 3 easiest teams on their schedule. When you are comparing productivity, like Womble, with someone who played the whole season and played against 3 easy teams, you aren't comparing apples to apples. Actually, McConkey's production was against the better teams on their schedule.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 06:05 PM 04-21-2024
Guyton - OT - Oklahoma
[Reply]
Stryker 06:46 PM 04-21-2024
Brian Thomas Jr. Trade up to 16 with the Seahawks and GET HIM! :-)
[Reply]
TEX 06:48 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Warrick:
The Chiefs should make an effort to draft Adonai Mitchell...

https://youtu.be/I9PPe1KiHw4?si=WdqlJbEFAPGeOS-J
That's my pick also.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:06 PM 04-21-2024
With McConkey, you're getting a guy who's ready and able to contribute now, instantly carving out a role but the ceiling is low due to physical limitations (at least in comparison to Leggette who's just as fast and explosive from a testing standpoint despite being 35-40lbs heavier).

Some people throw Garrett Wilson's name in there as a comp for McConkey based purely on measurables but he is nowhere near as dynamic as Wilson with the ball in his hands nor as acrobatic when the ball is in the air. To me, McConkey is a faster version of Hunter Renfrow which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

With Leggette, you're adding a kid who definitely needs some work on the subtleties of the position but offers you a rare profile to work with and near limitless upside. It might take him a bit longer to get up to speed but when it all comes together for him, I believe you'd have a guy capable of absolutely taking over games.

So, in the end, I think it boils down to the team, their scheme, the urgency of their need at wr, and how patient they feel they can be with the kid's development in year one. If you need to plug a guy in NOW then McConkey's your choice. But if you feel you have a WR corps in place that allows you the time to cultivate a rookie's potential then you're taking Leggette.

In my opinion, Leggette simply offers a skillset/physical profile combination that the Chiefs don't currently have in their WR room. Not to mention Leggette's film pops a lot more than McConkey's in my opinion. Those two factors give Leggette the edge in my eyes.

Just my $0.02. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:04 PM 04-21-2024
I would be happy with either one so I have no DITF either. But it's not particularly fair to judge McConkey's numbers in comparison with other WR. Georgia's offense runs through it's run game and it's TE. It's that way be design. Georgia is also usually leading in the second half of games and often leading by a bunch so it's not like their QB is dropping back 50 times a game.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:56 AM 04-22-2024
I'm sold on AD Mitchell even if it costs some compensation in picks to jump Buffalo; I've given up on the Brian Thomas Jr dream, but AD would be a great backup plan
[Reply]
Monticore 04:30 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
With McConkey, you're getting a guy who's ready and able to contribute now, instantly carving out a role but the ceiling is low due to physical limitations (at least in comparison to Leggette who's just as fast and explosive from a testing standpoint despite being 35-40lbs heavier).

Some people throw Garrett Wilson's name in there as a comp for McConkey based purely on measurables but he is nowhere near as dynamic as Wilson with the ball in his hands nor as acrobatic when the ball is in the air. To me, McConkey is a faster version of Hunter Renfrow which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

With Leggette, you're adding a kid who definitely needs some work on the subtleties of the position but offers you a rare profile to work with and near limitless upside. It might take him a bit longer to get up to speed but when it all comes together for him, I believe you'd have a guy capable of absolutely taking over games.

So, in the end, I think it boils down to the team, their scheme, the urgency of their need at wr, and how patient they feel they can be with the kid's development in year one. If you need to plug a guy in NOW then McConkey's your choice. But if you feel you have a WR corps in place that allows you the time to cultivate a rookie's potential then you're taking Leggette.

In my opinion, Leggette simply offers a skillset/physical profile combination that the Chiefs don't currently have in their WR room. Not to mention Leggette's film pops a lot more than McConkey's in my opinion. Those two factors give Leggette the edge in my eyes.

Just my $0.02. :-)
Couldn’t you wait for leggette? Seems like a reach at 32 , might not make it to 64 but could trade up in the second and go BPA at 32 ?
[Reply]
wazu 07:04 AM 04-22-2024
I had a dream last night that the Chiefs first 4 picks were WRs. Somehow we ended up with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, and went Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Xavier Legette, and somebody else. (Dream might have just turned into drafting guys named Xavier.)

Anyway, this dream pretty much cements for me the player I was most impressed with just watching some highlights via my amateur eye. Chiefs will draft WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:20 AM 04-22-2024
Chiefs need to find a way up the board for a LT, even if it's an unfair trade. Humphrey and Smith are both due contracts in 2025 and the Chiefs may not pay either one with how the IOL market got inflated, I'm assuming they want out from under Thuney sooner rather than later, and we currently don't even have a legitimate option at LT on roster. Stopgapping LT again would mean we're potentially looking at having to replace 3, if not 4, OL spots in 2025.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:37 AM 04-22-2024
The latest…

The Chiefs are drafting a pass catcher or a tackle. I’d be shocked if it’s anything else unless they have another McDuffie situation where someone they didn’t expect to be there is actually in their vicinity. But it’s WR/TE or tackle. https://t.co/gDYkttQZVK pic.twitter.com/Ew9xPjBc8S

— Chase Snyder (@ChasingSnyder) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 07:46 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Chiefs need to find a way up the board for a LT, even if it's an unfair trade. Humphrey and Smith are both due contracts in 2025 and the Chiefs may not pay either one with how the IOL market got inflated, I'm assuming they want out from under Thuney sooner rather than later, and we currently don't even have a legitimate option at LT on roster. Stopgapping LT again would mean we're potentially looking at having to replace 3, if not 4, OL spots in 2025.
As much as I want one of the potential stud wideouts in round 1.......this is the way.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:51 AM 04-22-2024

Some apparently can't fathom a white WR breaking ankles and flattening tires. LM did against good competition.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:57 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
As much as I want one of the potential stud wideouts in round 1.......this is the way.
I think this is the way to go. Take care of LT (will lilkely cost you #2), the get someone like Devontez Walker, Jalen MciMillan in the 3rd, and maybe an Anthony Gould in the 5th. Don't sleep on Nikko!!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 41
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up