Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:43 PM 04-09-2024
The ball...isn't...the same....size :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:44 PM 04-09-2024
Caitlin Clark phenomenon on ABC vs a bad men’s game on cable (TBS)…

[Reply]
ghak99 03:51 PM 04-09-2024
Damn, I could live on the calories stored in that chin for a week.

Anyways, lets see how many of them are able to continue the viewership into their onlyfans careers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:59 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

That tells you how bad the mens game has fallen and how far they are behind. Stars only stay 1 year. You can't follow their growth. Players switch teams at will. Way too often its boring basketball. They use to get 3X the viewers of the women's game, Hope they are paying attention.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:11 PM 04-09-2024
More proof college hoops is a shit product
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That tells you how bad the mens game has fallen and how far they are behind. Stars only stay 1 year. You can't follow their growth. Players switch teams at will. Way too often its boring basketball. They use to get 3X the viewers of the women's game, Hope they are paying attention.
Yeah - I've gone from a pretty big college hoops fan to a strictly Mizzou fan (so this year was...quiet).

You alluded to the problem but man it's just bad basketball. Missed open looks left and right, no throughput to speak of so you have little offensive cohesion and you end up with a lot of really simple iso play stuff offensively. And a lot of guys in the mid-tier programs are looking to goose their stock for transfers so you don't get a lot of buy-in. If Defense won't get them to a bigger program or an NIL deal, they ain't gonna burn energy playing it.

Young guys have to play before they're ready or they'll walk, so you get sloppy play there while fringe top 100 recruits are finding their way. And oftentimes it's to their detriment anyway.

You don't really get vested in any specific players so even the successes are fleeting and don't mean as much. Mizzou's last 2 tournament squads were largely mercenaries (with a Kobe Brown and/or Kevin Puryear thrown in there as guys you watch grow with the program).

And honestly it just doesn't feel like it's good for the player either. I mean how was catering to Torrence Watson so he could eventually come off the bench as a Super Senior for Elon a good thing for him? If you ask Mizzou fans to name their top 5 favorite college basketball player of the last 5 years or so, Kassius Robertson is gonna be on there and he played one year here. That's not great at all.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:20 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Damn, I could live on the calories stored in that chin for a week.

Anyways, lets see how many of them are able to continue the viewership into their onlyfans careers.
It's amazing how people on here continue to find new and interesting ways to be a shithead
[Reply]
tredadda 04:24 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Does that take into account that not everyone has cable anymore while anyone with an antenna can get ABC?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:30 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Does that take into account that not everyone has cable anymore while anyone with an antenna can get ABC?
Most watched basketball game of any type, NBA or College since 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...south-carolina

Originally Posted by :
South Carolina’s victory over Caitlin Clark and Iowa in Sunday’s women’s NCAA championship game had a preliminary audience average of 18.7 million on ABC and ESPN. The only sporting events in the US to draw a bigger TV audience since 2019 have been American football, the World Cup and the Olympics.

The audience numbers are expected to increase when Nielsen releases its final numbers on Tuesday. Nielsen says the audience peaked at 24 million.

It’s the most-watched basketball game since 2019, when the men’s NCAA title game between Virginia and Texas Tech averaged 19.6 million on CBS.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:32 PM 04-09-2024
The one part I agree with is that the men's game should never have been on Tbs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:15 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The one part I agree with is that the men's game should never have been on Tbs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
And also tip-off for the game was at almost 10:00 p.m. Eastern time.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:53 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Most watched basketball game of any type, NBA or College since 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...south-carolina
Oh I wasn’t doubting it at all. I was just curious if part of the reason for the gap was the channel each one was on. In no way was I diminishing the viewership of the women’s final. I watched that one with an over the air antenna while missing the men’s final because I don’t have cable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:55 PM 04-09-2024
Championship game being relegated to TBS is embarrassing
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:57 PM 04-09-2024
Oh I wasn’t doubting it at all. I was just curious if part of the reason for the gap was the channel each one was on. In no way was I diminishing the viewership of the women’s final. I watched that one with an over the air antenna while missing the men’s final because I don’t have cable.
Oh, I hope my post didn't seem like that. I was just sharing that it beat everything except for American Football, the World Cup and the Olympics since 2019... crazy.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:59 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It’s completely unwatchable.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 125
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up