Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:00 PM 04-09-2024
March Madness has been reduced to MLB opening day levels

It sounds great on paper, something I tell myself that I'm looking forward to, yet an hour in and I'm like when's rookie minicamp start
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 PM 04-09-2024
I still will never understand the logic of playing men’s finals on a Monday night.

Play a double header on Friday with your west coast schools on the late game. Maybe some west coasters will duck work a little early for early games. East coasters will have to stay up late for the late game, but they're already fucking doing it for the finals.

As if college kids aren't gonna stay up late, get drunk and skip classes on Tuesday

Its stupid stupid shit. it can't even be for money because they have to be limiting their ratings with this. It seems like one of those dumb things that exists because it's always been done that way
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:33 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
March Madness has been reduced to MLB opening day levels

It sounds great on paper, something I tell myself that I'm looking forward to, yet an hour in and I'm like when's rookie minicamp start
Probably a personal thing, but it was always more fun when the kids stayed in college and stayed together as a team. Hard to become attached to a team that are only around for 1, maybe 2 years if youre lucky.

March Madness has definitely worn on me as well. Single Elim with the seeding mathematically designed to generate upsets. Theres just a crazy amount of luck and variance involved, it's once again hard to be invested.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:48 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still will never understand the logic of playing men’s finals on a Monday night.

Play a double header on Friday with your west coast schools on the late game. Maybe some west coasters will duck work a little early for early games. East coasters will have to stay up late for the late game, but they're already fucking doing it for the finals.

As if college kids aren't gonna stay up late, get drunk and skip classes on Tuesday

Its stupid stupid shit. it can't even be for money because they have to be limiting their ratings with this. It seems like one of those dumb things that exists because it's always been done that way
The day is fine. It's the absolute clown show that the current system is. No one knows who tye hell any of these guys even are anymore.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:00 PM 04-09-2024

Play a double header on Friday with your west coast schools on the late game. Maybe some west coasters will duck work a little early for early games. East coasters will have to stay up late for the late game, but they're already ****ing doing it for the finals.

I forgot it was on last night.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:22 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Does that take into account that not everyone has cable anymore while anyone with an antenna can get ABC?
The numbers literally don't care, so I'm not sure how they could possibly take that "into account."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:48 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Probably a personal thing, but it was always more fun when the kids stayed in college and stayed together as a team. Hard to become attached to a team that are only around for 1, maybe 2 years if youre lucky.

March Madness has definitely worn on me as well. Single Elim with the seeding mathematically designed to generate upsets. Theres just a crazy amount of luck and variance involved, it's once again hard to be invested.
I hate upsets in the first 2 rounds.

Give me chalk in rounds 1 and 2 and let me see the best 16 teams fight it out for the 'ship.

I mean you look at the path that San Diego State had to the championship game last year - they beat one genuinely good team in that whole run. And it seems to happen that way every year. You have a team make the final 4 while playing what would amount to a poor conference tournament slate.

I understand that's the appeal for many but man, it's just not my thing.

It's become more and more apparent over the years that March Madness ain't for me.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:54 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I hate upsets in the first 2 rounds.

Give me chalk in rounds 1 and 2 and let me see the best 16 teams fight it out for the 'ship.

I mean you look at the path that San Diego State had to the championship game last year - they beat one genuinely good team in that whole run. And it seems to happen that way every year. You have a team make the final 4 while playing what would amount to a poor conference tournament slate.

I understand that's the appeal for many but man, it's just not my thing.

It's become more and more apparent over the years that March Madness ain't for me.
Yep, and everyone loves St Pete for a while, until they lose by 25... or NC State this year.

Hell, UConn was a 4 seed last season and played a 9 seed in the Sweet Sixteen (and same for KU when they played that shit Miami 10 seed in the Elite Eight a few years ago, and then an 8 seed in the NC).

I enjoy some of the upsets in the early rounds, but it pretty much always goes too far where you end up with a decent amount of trash in the later rounds.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:13 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The numbers literally don't care, so I'm not sure how they could possibly take that "into account."
It was in reference to the gap between the women's final vs the men's final. Not the numbers for the women's final in a bubble.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:23 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And also tip-off for the game was at almost 10:00 p.m. Eastern time.
oof. Terrible.
Remember when the Final was Must see?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:36 AM 04-14-2024

Caitlin absolutely cooked Michael Che 😂 pic.twitter.com/4cRyq5vNJD

— Jared (@Hurts4Prez) April 14, 2024

[Reply]
Dayze 08:05 AM 04-14-2024
:-). That Indiana fever joke was great
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 04-14-2024
It seems most of the teams run the same plays and offense. Only thing different is what talents or type of players you have that year, But, even then its still the same basic offense as other teams.

So, you have better players and a good coach you'll win, right? Nope. And then you have a new team each year. No idea how to dix it but the game needs fixing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:58 AM 04-14-2024
I assume there's some context to the apron joke?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:18 AM 04-14-2024
How is she any different than past women college hoopers? Not getting why she's a thread worthy discussion on a Chiefs board or ratings draw
[Reply]
Page 115 of 132
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up