ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Great Whisky (Whiskey) Thread!
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 11-03-2016
Glenlivet Nadurra 16 yr is the smoothest scotch I've ever had; not even really a close second. That said, it's almost too smooth. I used to like it a great deal but now I prefer a little more bite.

I have a bottle of Oban 14 that I enjoy as well as some Cardhu that is a little more peaty than the Oban. As a day to day drinker I like my simple old Glenfiddich 12 but I had a bottle of 18 that I really thought was outstanding.

I have a couple of islay scotches that I break out when I'm in the mood; a Laphroaig 15 yr that's discontinued and was on a limited run when I got it so I have to definitely be in the mood for it (I believe it's their 200th anniversary bottle). And an Ardbeg corryvreckan that makes my entire house smell like a campfire the moment I open it so it doesn't get a lot of run but I'm always glad I have it when it does.

Bottom line is that I was broken in on single malts and fairly decent ones so I've never felt the need to go below that. I've had a couple of shitty scotches on airplanes but otherwise I've kinda become Robert Redford's character from Spy Game: "Scotch...never less than 12 years old".

Any other whiskey's gonna be too sweet, too shitty or just useful for mixing when I feel like barbecuing.
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:52 PM 11-03-2016
Seen on a reader board of a small restaurant in town:

Hillary or Trump?
Whiskey!
Whiskey is the best!
Vote for Jack!

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 PM 11-05-2016
Had some glenmorangie oak tonight I think. SMooth. I'M still a big Macallan guy.

My dad's boss has a rare ass 65 year old bottle. It's like 60 k or something crazy, he's wanting to open on the Christmas party this year. Should I ok that?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:51 PM 03-02-2021
Added a section on Japanese whisky. I had some the other day, not too shabby actually....I'll try to add more. Sorry I let this thread go dead...I have actually been on a huge whisky kick lately and have some more things to add soon.

Here is one of the most recent things I have been drinking:

If you havent had it, Teeling is VERY good for the price. Ive been able to get it around 30-40$ which

isnt all that much more than like Jameson. Ive been enjoying it on the rocks or with a little bitters or as an old fashioned or even with a splash of gingerale

[Reply]
crispystl 08:19 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Added a section on Japanese whisky. I had some the other day, not too shabby actually....I'll try to add more. Sorry I let this thread go dead...I have actually been on a huge whisky kick lately and have some more things to add soon.

If you havent had it, Teeling is VERY good for the price. Ive been able to get it around 30-40$ which

isnt all that much more than like Jameson. Ive been enjoying it on the rocks or with a little bitters or as an old fashioned or even with a splash of gingerale

Yeah I picked up a bottle of this and I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality vs the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:38 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah I picked up a bottle of this and I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality vs the price.

Yeah man. Same here. I feel like its way better than Jameson and on par
with even some 12 year single malt scotches like Glenlivet 12. I've gotten
it on sale for less than the Glenlivet 12..and honestly it it almost as good as glenlivet 12...
[Reply]
crispystl 08:28 AM 03-03-2021
Yeah man. Same here. I feel like its way better than Jameson and on par
with even some 12 year single malt scotches like Glenlivet 12. I've gotten
it on sale for less than the Glenlivet 12..and honestly it it almost as good as glenlivet 12...
It's little higher proof than Jameson too.
If you like Glenlivet you should try Glenfiddich..it's about the same price but better. It's amazing actually.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:51 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It's little higher proof than Jameson too.
If you like Glenlivet you should try Glenfiddich..it's about the same price but better. It's amazing actually.
I completely 100% agree. my go-to / daily driver / everything whisky is glenfiddich 12.

for the price , its hard to beat. thats why I was pretty surprised how much I enjoyed teeling
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 08:53 PM 03-03-2021

If you like the small batch, you should try he Teeling single malt. It's much better, but he again it's more expensive, around $55 my area.

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:57 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
If you like the small batch, you should try he Teeling single malt. It's much better, but he again it's more expensive, around $55 my area.

awesome! you know...after drinking the small batch for about 30ish$ , I think I just might have to pony up 55$ for that. I'll have to see if I've got access to that at my local shoppe. thanks for the idea. I deserve a treat!
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 10:11 PM 03-03-2021
awesome! you know...after drinking the small batch for about 30ish$ , I think I just might have to pony up 55$ for that. I'll have to see if I've got access to that at my local shoppe. thanks for the idea. I deserve a treat!
I received a Teeling tasting set for Christmas. It has single grain, small batch and single malt so I tasted them all side by side. Single malt was my favorite one by far. Small batch is good though.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:56 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:

Thanks I will!
[Reply]
phisherman 10:11 PM 03-02-2021
Enjoying a Nikka Whisky from the Barrel tonight. Freakin' delicious.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:38 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Enjoying a Nikka Whisky from the Barrel tonight. Freakin' delicious.
Yeah, that's a staple for me. One of the best Japanese whiskeys I've had.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:33 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Yeah, that's a staple for me. One of the best Japanese whiskeys I've had.
It's probably the best blended whisky I've ever had. It has lots of flavor and complexity, takes water very well and comes at a nice, high ABV. Plus it's got some Ben Nevis malt in it and it gives the whisky that industrial, oily funk that usually comes from Campbeltown single malts like Springbank and Kilkerran. I never imagined thinking that a weird, engine shop type of vibe would be a desirable thing in a whisky but damned if it doesn't really work.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up