ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 923 of 3903
« First < 423823873913919920921922923 924925926927933973102314231923 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:31 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Florida sheriff's office obtains arrest warrant for pastor of Tampa church that held large Sunday services

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...eriffs-office/

This kind of stuff needs to be happening more often.
as much as I disagree with what he did, this is going to be a very tricky issue in court with wide ramifications
[Reply]
wazu 02:32 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Covidly.com
Heh, feel stupid for not just trying that. Google must hate them for some reason. This site is pretty cool, though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03-30-2020, 02:48 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: Dupe
Chief Roundup 02:49 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
as much as I disagree with what he did, this is going to be a very tricky issue in court with wide ramifications
Put the court dates off for say 6 months. By then this will all be over with and he can get a warning with no fine etc. Yet it has set a precedent to the public that they will take more serious.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:50 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Tampa Bay pastor arrested, accused of violating social distancing guidelines amid coronavirus pandemic

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Tampa Bay area pastor has been arrested following two large services at his church over the weekend.

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister says he has made the decision Sunday night to seek an arrest warrant against the pastor of River at Tampa Bay Church for violating social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Sheriff Chronister says Howard-Browne “repeatedly” violated social distancing orders from the president, CDC and local authorities.

“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week in danger,” the sheriff said.

The sheriff confirmed in a tweet Monday afternoon that Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne had been arrested.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...ng-guidelines/
Look 4 posts below yours. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:51 PM 03-30-2020
Tampa Bay pastor arrested, accused of violating social distancing guidelines amid coronavirus pandemic

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Tampa Bay area pastor has been arrested following two large services at his church over the weekend.

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister says he has made the decision Sunday night to seek an arrest warrant against the pastor of River at Tampa Bay Church for violating social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The sheriff confirmed in a tweet Monday afternoon that Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne had been arrested.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...ng-guidelines/
I'll say this and no more because it borders on DC material.

The Church is not a building or the pastor. The Church is the people who gather to worship...wherever that may be.

This guy is an idiot and irresponsible for asking his congregation to do this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:00 PM 03-30-2020

The Church is not a building or the pastor. The Church is the people who gather to worship...wherever that may be.

how and why is this DC material?

What’s been bordering on DC material? Was that some warning to me? I’ve not posted anything even slightly DC related in hundreds of pages.

I’m not whining to be whining. Wherever the bar and acceptable posts is set, I’ll follow those rules, just unclear now what the rules are.

There is a local bar in Tampa that opened up and served the public. They are thinking of going after the owner of the bar. Posting that story be a “DC” post?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:01 PM 03-30-2020
It's not tricky at all. He defied an order.

Open and shut case.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 03-30-2020

Really no way to respond to this that ISN'T DC material.

So I'll just say I guess that whole "Bill of Rights" was mostly a set of guidelines afterall.

We appear to have learned nothing from The Patriot Act. It's remarkable what people will surrender when they're scared.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:03 PM 03-30-2020

What’s been bordering on DC material? Was that some warning to me? I’ve not posted anything even slightly DC related in hundreds of pages.

I’m not whining to be whining. Wherever the bar and acceptable posts is set, I’ll follow those rules, just unclear now what the rules are.

There is a local bar in Tampa that opened up and served the public. They are thinking of going after the owner of the bar. Posting that story be a “DC” post?
Simmer down big guy.

I was saying that what I was posting was borderline DC because of the religion stuff. Nothing wrong with what you posted.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03-30-2020, 03:03 PM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO. Reason: Dart got it
petegz28 03:07 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Covidly.com
Cool site. Thanks....
[Reply]
patteeu 03:10 PM 03-30-2020

I think he was saying that he wouldn't go too far with his own post because it was bordering on DC material. I don't think he was saying that posting this news was DC material.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:11 PM 03-30-2020
Simmer down big guy.

I was saying that what I was posting was borderline DC because of the religion stuff. Nothing wrong with what you posted.
Nailed it. *pats self on back*
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:11 PM 03-30-2020
Simmer down big guy.

sorry man, I was warned early on about borderline posts by Daface. Out of respect to him and the rules we all abide by I’ve changed what I posted and replied too. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

I agree with your church statement. That’s a total different thing to make the pastor an “Example” or scare people into compliance. Especially when they had a bar owner to go after for their “example”.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:11 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's not tricky at all. He defied an order.

Open and shut case.
Tech a violation of 1st amendment
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:15 PM 03-30-2020
Tech a violation of 1st amendment
Accccckkkkuuuuuallllyyyy, its not.
[Reply]
Page 923 of 3903
« First < 423823873913919920921922923 924925926927933973102314231923 > Last »
Up