ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>DT Thread
RunKC 11:42 AM 02-07-2024
This is a pretty solid DT class with some talent we could use.

Jer’Zhan Newton
Byron Murphy
T'Vondre Sweat
Maason Smith
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr
Leonard Taylor
Brandon Fiske
Darius Robinson

Which ones do you think fit us most?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:51 PM 02-08-2024
I like Newton, Murphy, Robinson, and Sweat like others here. Later round guys like Gabe Hall and J. Jefferson from LSU. Not too enamored with this class either.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:49 AM 02-09-2024
The more I look at the class the more I think we need to sort DT in FA. We're either working miracles to keep Jones or we're going after 2 guys a tier or 2 lower than him. Fine to get a R4-5 guy in this draft but man there's not much earlier than that that appeals to me
[Reply]
kccrow 02:58 AM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
The more I look at the class the more I think we need to sort DT in FA. We're either working miracles to keep Jones or we're going after 2 guys a tier or 2 lower than him. Fine to get a R4-5 guy in this draft but man there's not much earlier than that that appeals to me
Plenty that appeal to me, but more in that 2nd and 3rd range than anything I'd even remotely consider in Round 1.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:31 PM 02-12-2024
Jenkin's sounds interesting:

"He made the 2023 list of Bruce Feldman Freaks at #6 - he said: "Jenkins recently did a Turkish get-up with a 170-pound dumbbell — the heaviest Herbert has ever witnessed. Jenkins does pull-ups with a 100-pound weight strapped to his waist. He also moves incredibly well for being a 300-plus pounder, running a 7.16 3-cone, a 4.33 shuttle, broad-jumping 9-8 and vertical-jumping 34 inches. Jenkins’ shuttle and 3-cone times are both almost two-tenths of a second faster than the quickest interior defensive lineman did at this year’s NFL combine. His broad jump would be tied for the best. His vertical jump would be second-best, and only Smith topped his number on the bench press."
[Reply]
wachashi 03:24 PM 02-13-2024
Dane Brugler's Top 100 Big Board DT Rankings (2/13):

1. Byron Murphy II (15 overall)
2. Jer'Zhan Newton (30 overall)
3. T'Vondre Sweat (33 overall)
4. Ruke Orhorhoro (52 overall)
5. Kris Jenkins (66 overall)
6. Michael Hall Jr. (79 overall)
7. Brandon Dorlus (83 overall)
8. Braden Fiske (90 overall)
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:08 PM 02-13-2024
Sign me up for some Sweat with Cullen and our group to help him with the maturity. If he falls deeper in the second that is.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:58 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Sign me up for some Sweat with Cullen and our group to help him with the maturity. If he falls deeper in the second that is.
With Jones back, Sweat next to him gives me a chub to be honest. I'd take Sweat in the 1st though.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:29 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
With Jones back, Sweat next to him gives me a chub to be honest. I'd take Sweat in the 1st though.
Couldn't agree with you more! He was the first name that caught my attention and prompted me to start researching this year's draft. Shame Omenihu's injured, but assuming he came back healthy to play for the Chiefs how the hell would any team guard that front!? Karlaftis, Jones, Sweat, Omenihu! That's 3 guys that eat double teams for breakfast and 5 guys including FAU that can get after the QB!

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going in the 20's though, he had a 15.4% pass rush win ratio from the NT position at Texas! That's tied with Newton by the way who's 72 lbs lighter than Sweat.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:04 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Plenty that appeal to me, but more in that 2nd and 3rd range than anything I'd even remotely consider in Round 1.
That's probably a fairer assessment. I just think it's a better FA class rhan draft. If Jones goes we're never replacing him 1 for 1. But there's enough DL talent in FA to think we could rebuild DT and maybe bolster DE for an equivalent cost.

If we then brought in a guy R2-3 to drip feed in that'd be fine by me. What's interesting to me is how little Veach has cared about the position. Is that just because we've had Jones filling the role of 2 people? Or does he just see the position as one you can fill cheaply. Should find out this year. So far rhe approach has worked pretty damn well.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:23 AM 02-14-2024
This guy is a monster.

There's only so much you can do to slow down 360+ pounds.

T'Vondre Sweat is inevitable when he wants to be. pic.twitter.com/oWTi3pvjUj

— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) January 31, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
This guy is a monster.

Both of the UT defensive tackles should be on our radar. Those two and Newton are guys I'm awfully intrigued by.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:21 PM 02-14-2024
Evan Anderson might be a guy in the 6th or 7th round worth considering.

Florida Atlantic, listed at 6-0 319 lbs on one site and 6-3 356 lbs on another?

Had 5 sacks and 11 tackles for a loss from the NT position last year.

83.7% run defense grade 72.4% true pass rush grade.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Both of the UT defensive tackles should be on our radar. Those two and Newton are guys I'm awfully intrigued by.
Would you take Sweat at 32 though?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Would you take Sweat at 32 though?
Doesn't seem likely he'd be at the top of my board, no.

But he'd be on it at least.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Doesn't seem likely he'd be at the top of my board, no.

But he'd be on it at least.
Agreed. He should be on the list, but it's highly unlikely that there's not a WR or OT that I'd prefer over him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up