ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 991 of 3903
« First < 491891941981987988989990991 99299399499510011041109114911991 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:32 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You see a strategic reserve of tennis shoes and windbreakers lying around?

That's not what he suggested.
It's the same principle.

Good luck convincing pharmaceutical companies making billions they have to change their business model.

Don't get me wrong I wish it could be done somehow but i don't see it happening especially after this when many Americans are going to be hurting money wise.

Def think we need to start to distancing ourselves from China though.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:35 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's the same principle.

Good luck convincing pharmaceutical companies making billions they have to change their business model.
It's a greed problem.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:35 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
We have mortality rates for the flu and similar and it's the same thing.... we have no idea how many people are actually infected each year.

Yeah, there's educated guesswork involved, but hell... 3.3 million at 2% would be 1.65 million at 1% or 825,000 at .5%.

Is 825,000 deaths within a year okay?
If a business as usual caused 40% to get the disease in the same year, then I don't think there is anyway the death rate would be under 2% and I would guess far, far higher.

The current death rate is based on the sickest patients getting great ICU care for 3 weeks.

I'm waiting with horrified worry to see the death rate in India and other places that don't have very many ventilators or ICU capacity.

Even with their younger population it will be Grim unless the tropics are different.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:36 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's the same principle.

Their business model is for the USA to subsidize the rest of the world
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:38 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It's a greed problem.
Agreed.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:39 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Don't get caught up in the China-US Debt argument. That was largely debunked back when President Trump started with the tariffs. If they dumped all of our debt it would actually hurt them more than it would hurt us. But that's a discussion for elsewhere.
Agreed.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:39 PM 04-01-2020
And the real problem is that you can't fault them for it.

They have 1.4 billion people - they'd be insane not to keep those drugs for themselves.

Or...I mean...we can do nothing and the next time something like this comes around we can blame the government for not being ready for it.

It's imperative that a lesson is learned from all this.
Remember when MAO ZEDONG, the chairman of the communist party of CHINA mass murdered a reported 18 to 45 million of his own people between 1958-1962. MAO'S GREAT LEAP FORWARD?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:40 PM 04-01-2020
Kyle Turley was claiming CBD treats Coronavirus the FDA told him knock it off :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:41 PM 04-01-2020
is it interesting to anyone else that Governors are starting to procure vast amounts of hydroxychloroquine
[Reply]
TLO 02:43 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
is it interesting to anyone else that Governors are starting to procure vast amounts of hydroxychloroquine
Yes, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of proof that it actually works.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:43 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I could be wrong but I'd think doing something like that will have more to do with the big pharma companies than China.
Something needs to be done about it either way.
It's both. Our government has to provide incentives for them to have that stuff here.
[Reply]
Pants 02:46 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think about the only thing that would have been hurt at the time would have been medicals. The Nazi's because they were well fucked up advanced medicine a ton, basically all anatomy books and such were done by them because well they would do things to people no one else would.
The Japanese too. If you ever want to not sleep for the next couple of nights, read up about Unit 731.
[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 04-01-2020
Looks like we're on course for ~23,000 new cases today.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:47 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It's a greed problem.
That’s right it is , they want to sell them pills here they can make them here. It’s simple them greedy bastards would come to there milk quicker than a cat can lick its ass if you tell them manufacturing is going to take place right here. And don’t feed me it will drive up the cost cause it’s made here bull shit.that may be the case on some products but not the pharmaceutical business.To be honest I can’t believe the government lets that happen hell the sons of bitches can’t make dog food that is safe let alone trusting them to make are meds.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:48 PM 04-01-2020
Funny thing is that the nation that would've REALLY been hit by a swift German victory is the United States.

The transfer of wealth from traditional European powers to the US because of WWI was staggering. It fast forwarded our ascent to superpower status by probably 50 years.

And it fundamentally altered our national consciousness from 125+ years of relative isolationism to our present status as de facto world police.

I get bored by studying WWII because it's a black and white conflict. It's democracy vs. authoritarianism and good vs. evil. There are clear white/black hats there and catastrophic outcomes of the bad guys had prevailed.

But man, WWI is so fascinating in so many ways because so many of the evils that impact us to this day would've been diminished or avoided outright had things gone differently. Had all the authoritarian regimes that cropped up as a result of WWI been snuffed out in the womb, imagine how much human suffering would've been avoided.

And the most likely avenue to that would've been a swift, relatively bloodless german victory that would've given them the 'credit' they were so desperate for on the world stage. It would've just calmed them the !@#$ down and gotten that chip off their shoulder.
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History has 30 hours of content on WWI. Magnificent.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04-01-2020, 02:48 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: n/m
Page 991 of 3903
« First < 491891941981987988989990991 99299399499510011041109114911991 > Last »
Up