ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 935 of 3903
« First < 435835885925931932933934935 936937938939945985103514351935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
2112 07:28 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I posted this in the DC thread but thought this is relevant here as well.

About Wuhan...yeah it is a real slow process there and we need to brace ourselves for this happening here until a vaccine or therapeutics are viable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3bc_story.html
I hate comparisons with China because I do not believe they are being honest about their numbers.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:35 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Kansas shut down their state basketball tournament and school in the middle of the 2nd round, which would have been the first ****ing week of the month.

If we are comparing, which is childish as hell.
Yeah, we had the women's NAIA basketball tournament here. Game was being played, gov made the announcement, they stopped the game. It was limited attendance already though, no general public. They just walked off the court and everybody went home.
[Reply]
Donger 07:39 AM 03-31-2020
You guys look at the new daily cases over the last four days? It's encouraging.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:40 AM 03-31-2020
Mike Ferguson who fills in on KCMO talk radio was in the hospital for 8 or 9 days with it fighting for his life. There is no way hospitals can deal with an huge influx of people contracting this who spend even half that amount in the hospital. There simply isnt the room or resources to handle it. So I am really proud of how Kansas leadership has handled this
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:42 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You guys look at the new daily cases over the last four days? It's encouraging.
Elaborate for us dummies.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:43 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
I hate comparisons with China because I do not believe they are being honest about their numbers.
Yeah, if the reporting that they ordered 10,000 runs for Wuhan alone has any truth to it.. That report coupled with the thousands of people waiting outside Wuhan’s hospital was pretty sobering.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:45 AM 03-31-2020
I agree but when it comes to how slowly their opening back up should give everyone here pause. It is not going to be a quick turn around here until we get a vaccine.

I imagine we may not have sports this year or if we do no crowds.
[Reply]
Donger 07:47 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
While there are still more new cases each day the last four days, the chart is showing signs of starting to go from concave to convex (if I got those right, it's been a long time). In other words, flattening. Hopefully someone better with math can correct or confirm.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:50 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I mean I’m not concerned with some kids playing basketball in a driveway.
In normal times no one would be, but with Covid-19 they are carriers that spread this stuff to the people that are much more susceptible to this virus. They do it without even knowing it most times. All people including kids should be staying away from each other.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:52 AM 03-31-2020
S. Korea's Top Doctor Drops Facts About the Virus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7...ature=youtu.be

-the widespread demand for 'social distancing' is because the virus is able to infect through the air (from spit droplets; aerosol), especially at gatherings of people close to one another like schools, parties, churches, etc.
-people spit out tiny droplets even during normal conversation. Some are so small they are not affected immediately by gravity and can suspend in the air and go further distances than otherwise.
-most vaccines take 10-15 years
-best case scenario for a vaccine is 18 months
-Highly recommends wearing a mask (almost all do in S. Korea)
-says US Surgeon General and World Health Organization told people masks aren't important to avoid hoarding because the medical professionals need them more
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
My buddy was running in nkc and saw parents letting kids play on the equipment. It wasn't sealed off. I really don't understand why people aren't getting how serious this is. Locally I've seen equipment sealed off with police tape.
Our city put up fences around the kids playground equipment in the parks but allow people into the wide open spaces of the parks.
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Drove through a large subdivision, not far from my house the other day, and there must have been 20 kids playing basketball together. I'm thinking WTF? Do parents not have any idea of what shelter in place means or do they think their kids are immune to catching it
My wife is doing teaching online here for her elementary class. County got the students a tablet at home and Frontier/ATT is installing broadband for free in their homes. Working about as good here on this side of the bay as you could expect.

The issue over in Tampa is that the in too many homes still are not online because the family owes the cable companies money from the past when they didn't pay the money owed. Estimated 50% of kids in Tampa are not going to school because their family owes money to the cable companies.

I posted this in the DC thread but thought this is relevant here as well.

About Wuhan...yeah it is a real slow process there and we need to brace ourselves for this happening here until a vaccine or therapeutics are viable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3bc_story.html
Yeah, you cant trust any numbers coming out of China or Russia.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:52 AM 03-31-2020
While there are still more new cases each day the last four days, the chart is showing signs of starting to go from concave to convex (if I got those right, it's been a long time). In other words, flattening. Hopefully someone better with math can correct or confirm.
I feel like the media has been painting a more doom and gloom picture the last few days so this is refreshing to read. Thank you.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:57 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Scroll down about half way. You will see the graph named Daily New Cases. The graph shows that the new cases per day is slowing from the previous 10 days.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:07 AM 03-31-2020
The biggest sign will be when new deaths slow down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:11 AM 03-31-2020
I agree but when it comes to how slowly their opening back up should give everyone here pause. It is not going to be a quick turn around here until we get a vaccine.

I imagine we may not have sports this year or if we do no crowds.
MLB has said they won't return with no crowds. At least that was the initial proposal agreed to between ownership and the MLBPA.

We'll see if they bend on that a little, but as it stands, MLB doesn't seem inclined to move forward if there are public health restrictions still in place.
[Reply]
Page 935 of 3903
« First < 435835885925931932933934935 936937938939945985103514351935 > Last »
Up