ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 3903
« First < 253132333435 3637383945851355351035 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:22 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When I was a hiring manager, if the candidate didn't shake hands (other than for an injury/sickness) or if he gave me a limp handshake, he was crossed off the list as soon as he went out the door. Man up and learn to give a good firm handshake, sheesh . . .
This is stupid as hell and you sound like a real dumbshit
[Reply]
TLO 07:27 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Coronavirus possibly in KC.

From the article

Originally Posted by :
“We are currently monitoring a potential exposure of two members of our workforce to the COVID-19 virus. Out of an abundance of caution for our professionals and the community at large, these professionals are self-isolating
So how long does a test for this take?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When I was a hiring manager, if the candidate didn't shake hands (other than for an injury/sickness) or if he gave me a limp handshake, he was crossed off the list as soon as he went out the door. Man up and learn to give a good firm handshake, sheesh . . .
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I'm not falling for that. You probably just want to carry a club into the business meeting.
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its just a pretty dumb outdated custom, thats why.
No shit. This out dated firm handshake BS is some cro-magnum mad men level of thinking. My hands are usually way bigger than whom I meeting. I’m 6 inches and 100 lbs bigger than them. I go in trying to show some dominance with a “firm” handshake, they ain’t giving me a job. At least 40% are women too. I’m supposed to crush their hands too? GTFO.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:44 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hahaha, well, it worked for me, dipstick.

I was the number 1 regional manager for 6 years running. Had a higher recruit retention rate than any other regional manager in the country. And my office managers, the guys and girls I recruited and trained, were consistently some of the best recruiters/trainers and producers nationally year in, year out.

I was the guy at the annual conference meeting that other regionals and office managers sought out and asked me for pointers on how I recruited and trained my people.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:47 PM 03-02-2020
It's not rocket science guys. There's a middle ground between the two extremes you know. Not too hard, not too soft. Like a handjob from Goldilocks.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:48 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
From the article

It's doubtful they're even being tested. Those only seem to go to hospitalized patients. I read somewhere that at the moment the US only has 1500 tests ready to go. They seem to be erring on the side of not causing a panic.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:59 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It's doubtful they're even being tested. Those only seem to go to hospitalized patients. I read somewhere that at the moment the US only has 1500 tests ready to go. They seem to be erring on the side of not causing a panic.
I heard the cost is $3500 per test.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:01 PM 03-02-2020
No that's only if you go to the ER and ask for a regular flu test to rule out COVID-19 - which apparently only STUPID PEOPLE actually do - because they naively assume our USA #1! healthcare system isn't lying in wait to gouge the shit out of them and their insurance might actually cover something. Idiots!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I heard the cost is $3500 per test.
from business insider

Testing for COVID-19 (the disease caused by coronavirus) is free, according to a new report.

But Americans could be stuck paying for other medical-related costs for suspected coronavirus treatment, like a $1,000 hospital stay

How much you can expect to pay depends on your insurance plan, if you have one.

Another non- partisan site says:
At this time, the CDC is the only facility equipped to test for COVID 19, or to designate other laboratories to do so. The CDC is not billing for testing for COVID 19, so patients will not incur costs when tested by the CDC.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:56 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
From the article

a couple weeks most likely

free time off! Sick days here I come!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:02 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It's not rocket science guys. There's a middle ground between the two extremes you know. Not too hard, not too soft. Like a handjob from Goldilocks.
Basically this. Don’t be a retard.
[Reply]
wazu 09:08 PM 03-02-2020

Pretty normal stuff going on in China. Not nesscary to worry pic.twitter.com/BjbpQCV09p

— PFTCommenter(DC DEFENDERS2-0 when im at the game (@PFTCommenter) March 3, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:

It's a fucking training exercise. JFC!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:51 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's a fucking training exercise. JFC!
Yeah, I’m not sure China, a country that is blocking news agencies from visiting concentration camps holding hundreds of thousands of people, would sanction a video like this to be filmed, much less released, if this was a real event.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 PM 03-02-2020
Reviewed By:

Lisa Lockerd Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H.
Influenza (“the flu”) and COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, are both infectious respiratory illnesses. Although the symptoms of COVID-19 and the flu can look similar, the two illnesses are caused by different viruses.

As of Mar. 2, 2020, the flu is showing much more of an impact on Americans than COVID-19. You can find up-to-date information on COVID-19 at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Lisa Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H., senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins, explains how the flu and COVID-19 are similar and how they are different.

Similarities: COVID-19 and the Flu
Symptoms
Both cause fever, cough, body aches, fatigue; sometimes vomiting and diarrhea.
Can be mild or severe, even fatal in rare cases.
Can result in pneumonia.
Transmission
Both can be spread from person to person through droplets in the air from an infected person coughing, sneezing or talking.
A possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route (see details below under Differences).
Flu can be spread by an infected person for several days before their symptoms appear, and COVID-19 is believed to be spread in the same manner, but we don’t yet know for sure.
Treatment
Neither virus is treatable with antibiotics, which only work on bacterial infections.
Both may be treated by addressing symptoms, such as reducing fever. Severe cases may require hospitalization and support such as mechanical ventilation.
Prevention
Both may be prevented by frequent, thorough hand washing, coughing into the crook of your elbow, staying home when sick and limiting contact with people who are infected.

Differences: COVID-19 and the Flu
Cause
COVID-19: Caused by one virus, the novel 2019 coronavirus, now called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2.

Flu: Caused by any of several different types and strains of influenza viruses.

Transmission
While both the flu and COVID-19 may be transmitted in similar ways (see the Similarities section above), there is also a possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route, meaning that tiny droplets remaining in the air could cause disease in others even after the ill person is no longer near.

Antiviral Medications
COVID-19: Antiviral medications are currently being tested to see if they can address symptoms.

Flu: Antiviral medications can address symptoms and sometimes shorten the duration of the illness.

Vaccine
COVID-19: No vaccine is available at this time, though it is in progress.

Flu: A vaccine is available and effective to prevent some of the most dangerous types or to reduce the severity of the flu.

Infections
COVID-19: Approximately 90,279 cases worldwide; 100 cases in the U.S. as of Mar. 2, 2020.

Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths
COVID-19: Approximately 3,085 deaths reported worldwide; 6 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 2, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu
[Reply]
Page 35 of 3903
« First < 253132333435 3637383945851355351035 > Last »
Up