ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1091 of 3903
« First < 915919911041108110871088108910901091 109210931094109511011141119115912091 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's triage. Every DR knows about it.
no shit. They are just modifying it for their needs. Everyone will use it as their base to develop their own version. There is no way there will be a national consensus on how we decide who lives and who dies. No one ever thought we’d ever get to that point. We are close enough now, that everyone needs a plan.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:37 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Appreciate it. She lost the sense of smell and taste and that made her go get tested. Zero fever and only minor respiratory discomfort. Fingers crossed it’s mild.
positive thoughts heading your way.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:38 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Yes more testing should be done, but I am saying with limited resources, you do not focus as much resources testing the clearly sick, but the ones with mild or no symptoms. This group appears to be the biggest piece of this puzzle that we need to go after ASAP.
Priority testing is going to critical supply line workers. We need to know when they can return to work, or if they should be off work.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:41 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Priority testing is going to critical supply line workers. We need to know when they can return to work, or if they should be off work.
Do not dispute that one at all that is a given. However, the incoming patients in the emergency room perhaps we could modify our approach is what I am saying.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:43 PM 04-03-2020
Any positive news today??? Anything flattening our?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:43 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You stamp out the fire. Then, once the main blaze hasn't overwhelmed you, you can ease back.

What you don't do is move back into the house while the fire is still spreading.

You post a lot of stuff from Gottlieb. This is the plan he worked on with AEI.
AEI is not a credible network IMO
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:52 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
AEI is not a credible network IMO
Network?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:56 PM 04-03-2020
Network?
It's a right wing think tank that networks folks who have been historically wrong on damn near every major event in my lifetime.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:59 PM 04-03-2020
It's a right wing think tank that networks folks who have been historically wrong on damn near every major event in my lifetime.
I knew of it as a think tank, just never heard of it described as a network before.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:59 PM 04-03-2020

“For you to get on the bus … and cough several times w/o covering up your mouth and you know (we’re) in the middle of a pandemic — that lets me know that some folks don’t care,” bus driver Jason Hargrove said 2 weeks ago.

This week he died from COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/6bYeCimm9Q

— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) April 4, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:01 PM 04-03-2020
I knew of it as a think tank, just never heard of it described as a network before.
I'll reframe from going into more detail as I can't without making it political but I will say anything put out by them I take with a huge grain of salt as I don't believe they are going into this objective with the best interest of every American. I'm open to be proven wrong but knowing their history I don't trust them.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:05 PM 04-03-2020
I'll reframe from going into more detail as I can't without making it political but I will say anything put out by them I take with a huge grain of salt as I don't believe they are going into this objective with the best interest of every American. I'm open to be proven wrong but knowing their history I don't trust them.
I'll say this: knowing their biases I was extremely surprised at the extent of the steps they wanted to take to curb the spread of the disease and how measured their approach was. I expecting to read something much closer to "we should just open up everything now." That was decidedly not the case.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:06 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...04032020-2.pdf
Would love to see a breakout of the underlying conditions because most regular people wouldn’t see some of those things as an “underlying condition” when you hear that term.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:17 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Would love to see a breakout of the underlying conditions because most regular people wouldn’t see some of those things as an “underlying condition” when you hear that term.
Same here. There is no clarification in that regard.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:17 PM 04-03-2020
I'll say this: knowing their biases I was extremely surprised at the extent of the steps they wanted to take to curb the spread of the disease and how measured their approach was. I expecting to read something much closer to "we should just open up everything now." That was decidedly not the case.
Interesting. I'll have to give it a look.

I'll throw this out there and i'm interested in your take: There seems to be a line of thinking that at some point the economy collapsing which I suppose could be more of a disaster than the virus itself. I agree with measures taken to combat the virus at this moment but what do you think we should do if in a few months we continue this economic downfall and there's little to suggest we've minimized the virus? It seems to be there will be a vaccine possibly by that point but I just don't see how we can go into the fall and do the samething thing we're doing for the 2nd wave. I'm also skeptical we will have a very effective treatment until this time next year. At that point won't the open everything up crowd have some credibility?
[Reply]
Page 1091 of 3903
« First < 915919911041108110871088108910901091 109210931094109511011141119115912091 > Last »
Up