ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
Frazod 07:50 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Alex is still under contract for the Redskins right, with significant guarantees? I wonder how much of the contract goes with a trade?
Pace will probably trade a couple of first round picks for him. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:04 AM 01-03-2020
why would rivera ship out stability? alex can mentor haskins.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:07 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
why would rivera ship out stability? alex can mentor haskins.

Why would Rivera want to pay a backup that highly?

Doesn’t make sense to try to send Haskins back to the bench now.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:15 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
I appreciate what alex did. He made us respectable again...unfortunately anytime I think of this era I just think of blowing it against indy...pittsburgh and Tennessee...
I agree. However, I don't know that I would place much of the blame on him for the Indy game.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:20 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Is Haskins even worth it? Admittedly, I don't follow Redskins football but I thought he wasn't really any good.
[Reply]
Three7s 08:27 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I agree. However, I don't know that I would place much of the blame on him for the Indy game.
He missed one throw that should've been a TD and he had that killer fumble, but other than that, he was as good as you could ask. Most of the blame for that game rests on Kendrick Lewis.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:28 AM 01-03-2020

Wasn't most of his contract guaranteed? He is paying regardless.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:35 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Wasn't most of his contract guaranteed? He is paying regardless.
My guess is the Skins pay some of the guarantees but trade Alex for cap relief and a low round pick.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:54 AM 01-03-2020

what did haskins do to warrant a starting posistion?
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:15 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
what did haskins do to warrant a starting posistion?
Got selected with a mid first round pick.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:32 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Got selected with a mid first round pick.
Josh Rosen says hi.

They would be un-wise to cut ties with Alex. He had that terrible team first in their division, without him they are now one of the worst unthought about teams in the league.

Keep him, draft a qb, and move forward. Haskins isn’t the answer. Why waste time unless they don’t care about winning
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:40 AM 01-03-2020
Snyder likes Haskins. Like a farmer who names his cattle. Hard to take a cow to the sale barm when your friends.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:43 AM 01-03-2020
like haskins or not hes clearly not up to speed yet, let him and alex compete if he wins it honestly its a win win. im sure they traded for smith with the intent of grooming a guy behind him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:00 AM 01-03-2020
Smith’s dead cap number if cut this year is $32 million. Never mind that idea.

They just spent big draft capital on Haskins. It would be silly to pull the plug after an abbreviated year in which he played better towards the end. He’s a raw prospect but does have impressive physical tools.

Whatever Alex Smith has left in the tank, they’re better served long-term to find out what they have with Haskins. Sitting him in favor of a guy who still walks with a limp would be a bad idea, IMO.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:02 AM 01-03-2020
Smith’s dead cap number if cut this year is $32 million. Never mind that idea.

They just spent big draft capital on Haskins. It would be silly to pull the plug after an abbreviated year in which he played better towards the end. He’s a raw prospect but does have impressive physical tools.

Whatever Alex Smith has left in the tank, they’re better served long-term to find out what they have with Haskins. Sitting him in favor of a guy who still walks with a limp would be a bad idea, IMO.
its not pulling the plug, he got benched for keenum anyway. let him sit and learn and hopefully his career trajectory looks more like mahomes and less like Mariota or winston.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up