ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3560 of 3903
« First < 2560306034603510355035563557355835593560 3561356235633564357036103660 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:24 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I was going to say this is me in a nutshell but before I was vaccinated I wore a mask only when absolutely necessary (required) and since being vaccinated I have been able to avoid any place that still requires a mask. I do agree that it is the right of any business to require a mask if they so desire and I then have the option of wearing one or going somewhere else.
I was extremely careful for the longest time. Now we're making up for lost time and taking a lot of trips. Gotta wear masks in airports and on planes still. And I won't always avoid a business that requires a mask but I might see if there are other convenient options. Wearing a mask is annoying at this point. I can deal with annoying if I need to.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:17 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Apparently I do. I got the Moderna one back in March.

I've had nothing of note besides this damn lost of taste..it's miserable..Great way to lose a few pounds I guess.
When did you get covid? How long have you been without taste? Does that take a long time to come back?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:04 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
When did you get covid? How long have you been without taste? Does that take a long time to come back?
I never got tested but I'd say 2-3 weeks back. I woke up one night, ate a glazed donut and about puked..I assumed it was stale and went back to bad. The next everything tasted like what I imagine cardboard taste like. My son had some mild issues..trouble breathing playing basketball, runy nose and loss of appetite for a few days. I'm getting him vaccinated shortly. He is 13.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:04 PM 07-18-2021
Any suggestions on how to get my sense of taste back? This sucks.

Indian food.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:39 PM 07-18-2021
I never got tested but I'd say 2-3 weeks back. I woke up one night, ate a glazed donut and about puked..I assumed it was stale and went back to bad. The next everything tasted like what I imagine cardboard taste like. My son had some mild issues..trouble breathing playing basketball, runy nose and loss of appetite for a few days. I'm getting him vaccinated shortly. He is 13.
Damn. Hope you get all get better soon. Hope that taste comes back soon. I've heard it can be a few weeks to a few months.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:52 PM 07-18-2021
Damn. Hope you get all get better soon. Hope that taste comes back soon. I've heard it can be a few weeks to a few months.
I've heard 6 months or longer for some.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 PM 07-18-2021
Crossing my fingers...it's much less. What has your Dr recommended? Eating random shit like onions or something

I have hardly read about that part of the symptoms
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:10 PM 07-18-2021
Crossing my fingers...it's much less. What has your Dr recommended? Eating random shit like onions or something

I have hardly read about that part of the symptoms
I haven't spoken to a doc..heard something about eating a burnt orange with brown sugar but sounds like bullshit.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:11 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I just looked it up and the CTA still requires masks for all passengers, so I guess I should pack one on me at all times just in case as a bus wouldn't of been an option for me either. Shows how long its been since I've rode a bus or train, which used to be an every other day event pre-Covid.
I just stick one in my pocket whenever I go out. If I am going into Target without my kids I won't wear it but then places like the post office are iffy because they are federal property so I just throw it on just in case. Plus in the post office if there are people in there, they are usually 900 years old so want to be safe for them too just in case.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:18 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I stopped wearing a mask as soon as I was fully vaccinated and everyone else had a chance to get it if they wanted. Prior to that, I was extremely careful and always wore a mask. Now it's back to life as usual for me unless a business asks me to wear a mask. I'm happy to oblige if that's their policy.
Level-headed take, we need a LOT more of that in the world today.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:20 PM 07-18-2021
If you didn't have other severe symptoms, I would hope your taste would come back pretty soon. I think it stays away longer for long-haulers but that doesn't appear to be you. Just my amateur opinion from personal anecdotal evidence I have heard about. Regardless, good thoughts your way.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:02 AM 07-19-2021
My daughter had mild COVID in December. She still can't eat a lot of food because they "taste like COVID". That's what she calls it. It has ruined a lot of her favorite foods for her. Hopefully she eventually gets her full taste back. Hope you do too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:27 AM 07-19-2021
United Kingdom
British ministers decide against mass vaccination for teens - The Telegraph
Reuters

July 17 (Reuters) - Britain has opted against mass COVID-19 vaccinations for all children and teenagers, with ministers instead preparing to offer doses to vulnerable 12 to 15-year-olds and those about to turn 18, the Telegraph newspaper reported late on Saturday.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is believed to have advised ministers against the rollout of vaccines to all children until further evidence on the risks is available, the report added.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/bri...ph-2021-07-17/
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 07-19-2021
I think thats the right thing to do with our current knowledge.
[Reply]
TLO 08:59 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
United Kingdom
British ministers decide against mass vaccination for teens - The Telegraph
Reuters

July 17 (Reuters) - Britain has opted against mass COVID-19 vaccinations for all children and teenagers, with ministers instead preparing to offer doses to vulnerable 12 to 15-year-olds and those about to turn 18, the Telegraph newspaper reported late on Saturday.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is believed to have advised ministers against the rollout of vaccines to all children until further evidence on the risks is available, the report added.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/bri...ph-2021-07-17/
Sounds like the right way to go.
[Reply]
Page 3560 of 3903
« First < 2560306034603510355035563557355835593560 3561356235633564357036103660 > Last »
Up