ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2697 of 3903
« First < 1697219725972647268726932694269526962697 269826992700270127072747279731973697 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 06:06 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
His accuracy is improving.
How so?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:10 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
He was talking about the Hispanic culture when you jumped in wanting to claim racial motives behind his post. When explained that wasn’t the case, and others said they agreed with what he was saying. You had nothing to say to them, yet you jump all over the next thing you can to tie racial shit to his statement about Hispanic culture.

So either condemn the others that has agreed with him, along with the others who have brought up islanders, or ****ing drop it. You get too ****ing emotional about thus things still.
I have no problem with what he said my point is that it's not just the Hispanic culture that is to blame for the high CoronaVirus positive numbers among Hispanics. I also provided a source for this which he immediately dismissed because of his ego.

I also agreed with another poster who said education and income level are more of a correlation to high CoronaVirus positive numbers than race although I haven't done research on it. I think we can all agree that highly educated Hispanics working high paying jobs are not out there spreading the CoronaVirus at the same rate low income Hispanics are and that goes for any group.

I don't see how that makes me emotional.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:17 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
How so?
I was joking. It's not.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:21 PM 07-23-2020
I was joking. It's not.
Well the pitch was at least closer than the mark than the 'models' the Experts were using that predicted millions of deaths in weeks, so.
[Reply]
Donger 06:24 PM 07-23-2020
I was joking. It's not.
What was he inaccurate about the pandemic?
[Reply]
Donger 06:25 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Well the pitch was at least closer than the mark than the 'models' the Experts were using that predicted millions of deaths in weeks, so.
Do we really need to this again?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:27 PM 07-23-2020
What was he inaccurate about the pandemic?
I bet you are quite the life of the party.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:28 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Come on, Neil "Bird Flu" Ferguson has a great track record on these predictions!

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 06:29 PM 07-23-2020
I bet you are quite the life of the party.
You chose to perk up. Feel free to elaborate.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:39 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I have no problem with what he said my point is that it's not just the Hispanic culture that is to blame for the high CoronaVirus positive numbers among Hispanics. I also provided a source for this which he immediately dismissed because of his ego.

I also agreed with another poster who said education and income level are more of a correlation to high CoronaVirus positive numbers than race although I haven't done research on it. I think we can all agree that highly educated Hispanics working high paying jobs are not out there spreading the CoronaVirus at the same rate low income Hispanics are and that goes for any group.

I am in a Hispanic hiking group, have a bunch of Hispanic friends, dated a couple Hispanic girls, lived in LA for 20 years, and spent 6 months driving through Mexico and Central America. I'd guess it's some of both - extreme family closeness + tendency towards more essential jobs. But how much of each, who knows.

Italy was very similar. Lots of people living with their grandparents etc. Like young adults still eat dinner with their parents and grandma every night - that type of thing. Spain and France are similar I think. It seems to be something about the Romance language and/or Catholic countries. My mom was one of 7 Irish Catholic kids and I see a lot of similar dynamics in our family.

Also recent immigrants - 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation - tend to have very tight-knit communities and family groups in general.

It's something I've always admired and even envied about Hispanic culture out here. They always have family and community support. It just happens to be working against them right now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:45 PM 07-23-2020
You chose to perk up. Feel free to elaborate.
Dead horse has been beaten. Arguing online for days and nobody's mind being changed just doesn't appeal to me, but you be you broski.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:51 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

It was said Hispanics made up 50% of CA cases, Marcellus pointed out he has been saying that it would hit them hard. You jumped, bringing race up and saying white kids hit bars as soon as possible.

Marc then said you could argue, but you would be wrong. Culture and multiple family living is big in Hispanic and Pacific Islander families. You then said something about closet racist. (This is an emotional part to me)

Multiple people pointed out the same thing, you completely ignored them saying it. Then today Marc brings up how he doesn’t understand how a player got sick while in camp, you bring up the racial thing again. (This is another emotional part.)

Sure economic status plays a part, sure education plays a part, but so does the culture of those groups as well. My wife is Filipino and her family in San Fran are very smart but also live in big homes with multiple families in it. They take care of the old, they are tight knit. Half of them are nurses, some are in IT, all are very smart.

Marc and everyone else who has said this about those groups aren’t doing it because of race, they are pointing out the culture, it’s not mean, it’s not rude, it’s not closet racism. Just the way it is with those cultures.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:53 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I am in a Hispanic hiking group, have a bunch of Hispanic friends, dated a couple Hispanic girls, lived in LA for 20 years, and spent 6 months driving through Mexico and Central America. I'd guess it's some of both - extreme family closeness + tendency towards more essential jobs. But how much of each, who knows.

Italy was very similar. Lots of people living with their grandparents etc. Like young adults still eat dinner with their parents and grandma every night - that type of thing. Spain and France are similar I think. It seems to be something about the Romance language and/or Catholic countries. My mom was one of 7 Irish Catholic kids and I see a lot of similar dynamics in our family.

Also recent immigrants - 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation - tend to have very tight-knit communities and family groups in general.

It's something I've always admired and even envied about Hispanic culture out here. They always have family and community support. It just happens to be working against them right now.

PA, Suzzer right here probably explained it better than I did. This is all anyone was trying to say with it.
[Reply]
Donger 06:55 PM 07-23-2020
Dead horse has been beaten. Arguing online for days and nobody's mind being changed just doesn't appeal to me, but you be you broski.
I don't blame you. That wouldn't have ended well for you. But by all means, keep bringing it up. Agenda is a good name for dead horse.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:59 PM 07-23-2020
I don't blame you. That wouldn't have ended well for you. But by all means, keep bringing it up. Agenda is a good name for dead horse.
I could post video after video, but again it's been done and you were proven incorrect but wouldn't admit it. No reason for a repeat performance. Later, homey.
[Reply]
Page 2697 of 3903
« First < 1697219725972647268726932694269526962697 269826992700270127072747279731973697 > Last »
Up