ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2695 of 3903
« First < 1695219525952645268526912692269326942695 269626972698269927052745279531953695 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:21 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I highly doubt that happens here considering our Governor isn’t sending COVID positive patients into nursing homes and we’re treating the virus better than we were then.
New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) conducted an in-depth analysis of self-reported nursing home data that finds that COVID-19 fatalities in nursing homes were related to infected nursing home staff.

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/rele...ors_report.pdf

You guys are seeing a massive spike in nursing homes, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:29 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) conducted an in-depth analysis of self-reported nursing home data that finds that COVID-19 fatalities in nursing homes were related to infected nursing home staff.

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/rele...ors_report.pdf

You guys are seeing a massive spike in nursing homes, right?
Cool, I’m sure it didn’t hurt at all.

Not that I’m aware of, but possibly? I’m not in fear mode and things are fine in the Keys, so I’m not keeping up with everything.

I know that 25% of the cases in Florida are in Dade County, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s happening there.

The rest of the state really isn’t doing that bad actually.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:29 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Well according to your logic since he is Hispanic this is to be expected...
Facts are facts dipshit. Latinos are 27% of MLB but make up 50% of the covid positives so yea they are 2x as likely to test positive.
[Reply]
Donger 03:35 PM 07-23-2020
Cool, I’m sure it didn’t hurt at all.

Not that I’m aware of, but possibly? I’m not in fear mode and things are fine in the Keys, so I’m not keeping up with everything.

I know that 25% of the cases in Florida are in Dade County, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s happening there.

The rest of the state really isn’t doing that bad actually.
Do you dispute this?

A causal link between the admission policy and infections/fatalities would be supported through a direct link in timing between the two, meaning that if admission of patients into nursing homes caused infection—and by extension mortality— the time interval between the admission and mortality curves would be consistent with the expected interval between infection and death. However, the peak date COVID-positive residents entered nursing homes occurred on April 14, 2020, a week after peak mortality in New York’s nursing homes occurred on April8, 2020. If admissions were driving fatalities, the order of the peak fatalities and peak admissions would have been reversed.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...tinue-to-soar/

The surge in new infections among residents at nursing homes and assisted facilities rose by 153% or 2,868 cases between June 30 and July 20, while the increase among staff rose 126% or 3,784 cases.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:49 PM 07-23-2020
Do you dispute this?

A causal link between the admission policy and infections/fatalities would be supported through a direct link in timing between the two, meaning that if admission of patients into nursing homes caused infection—and by extension mortality— the time interval between the admission and mortality curves would be consistent with the expected interval between infection and death. However, the peak date COVID-positive residents entered nursing homes occurred on April 14, 2020, a week after peak mortality in New York’s nursing homes occurred on April8, 2020. If admissions were driving fatalities, the order of the peak fatalities and peak admissions would have been reversed.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...tinue-to-soar/

The surge in new infections among residents at nursing homes and assisted facilities rose by 153% or 2,868 cases between June 30 and July 20, while the increase among staff rose 126% or 3,784 cases.
Nope, I’m glad that wasn’t what did it because it looked like a really big fuck up.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:57 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Facts are facts dipshit. Latinos are 27% of MLB but make up 50% of the covid positives so yea they are 2x as likely to test positive.
I have no problem w facts. What I have a problem w is you denying that there are several reasons for the high Hispanic (which is NOT a race) COVID positive numbers..

You are clearly just too much of a vindictive asshole to admit it.

Let me guess you think whites don't commit any crimes as well right?
[Reply]
Donger 03:57 PM 07-23-2020
Nope, I’m glad that wasn’t what did it because it looked like a really big **** up.
Right, and since Florida is seeing the same surge without the same practice, it seems pretty likely that it's infected staff causing the surge.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:01 PM 07-23-2020
Right, and since Florida is seeing the same surge without the same practice, it seems pretty likely that it's infected staff causing the surge.
Sure and that’s very unfortunate, but it’s still unlikely that we ever get to 1,000 deaths per day.
[Reply]
TLO 04:07 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Arizona looks to be past it's peak looking at hospitalizations. Cases too but as dirk brought up might be a bottle neck there.

Florida and Texas may very well be past the peaks as well, but now some other states are firing up. MO not looking good either.
MO hospitalizations or cases?

The DHSS has stated there is a backlog in actually reporting the numbers of positives right now. That's why the numbers are so high. Supposedly it's supposed to be fixed by next week but I'm not holding my breath. I'm basically just watching our local numbers at this point because at least I know they are up to date and accurate.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:11 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
MO hospitalizations or cases?
Nursing Home Death Spike!

Apologies, not real, just channeling thread for potential band names.
[Reply]
Donger 04:14 PM 07-23-2020
Sure and that’s very unfortunate, but it’s still unlikely that we ever get to 1,000 deaths per day.
I think so too.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:22 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I have no problem w facts. What I have a problem w is you denying that there are several reasons for the high Hispanic (which is NOT a race) COVID positive numbers..

You are clearly just too much of a vindictive asshole to admit it.

Let me guess you think whites don't commit any crimes as well right?

He was talking about the Hispanic culture when you jumped in wanting to claim racial motives behind his post. When explained that wasn’t the case, and others said they agreed with what he was saying. You had nothing to say to them, yet you jump all over the next thing you can to tie racial shit to his statement about Hispanic culture.

So either condemn the others that has agreed with him, along with the others who have brought up islanders, or fucking drop it. You get too fucking emotional about thus things still.
[Reply]
TLO 04:23 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
He was talking about the Hispanic culture when you jumped in wanting to claim racial motives behind his post. When explained that wasn’t the case, and others said they agreed with what he was saying. You had nothing to say to them, yet you jump all over the next thing you can to tie racial shit to his statement about Hispanic culture.

So either condemn the others that has agreed with him, along with the others who have brought up islanders, or ****ing drop it. You get too ****ing emotional about thus things still.
You still feeling good?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:24 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nursing Home Death Spike!

Apologies, not real, just channeling thread for potential band names.
Sinus Infection sounds like winner to me.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:32 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Sinus Infection sounds like winner to me.
How about C.B.S. (Canadian Beer Sucks)
[Reply]
Page 2695 of 3903
« First < 1695219525952645268526912692269326942695 269626972698269927052745279531953695 > Last »
Up