ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1693 of 3903
« First < 693119315931643168316891690169116921693 169416951696169717031743179321932693 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 04:14 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
This is pretty small potatoes, but my niece plays on a traveling softball team. Many of the tournaments in areas of KC that haven't opened up yet are being moved to areas that are open for business. In some cases this is only a matter of a 5 miles, but the hotels all the teams stay at and the convenient stores between the hotel and the ballpark will definitely notice the difference in business.

At this point, the team has decided against traveling to the tournaments hosted in St. Louis. Which was an interesting vote.
You have any insider info on what's going on up at Triumph here in St Joe? All I have to go off are Facebook comments - and yeah. Those aren't exactly super reliable.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:17 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Did you go to Mid-Buch? I actually graduated from there. Didn't start going there till my freshmen year of high school.
Nope..I was a 238er.
[Reply]
TLO 04:19 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Nope..I was a 238er.
Must be a Benton guy then. I was a 238er until we moved south of the city limits my 8th grade year. Glad I ended up at Mid Buch for high school, honestly.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:33 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
You have any insider info on what's going on up at Triumph here in St Joe? All I have to go off are Facebook comments - and yeah. Those aren't exactly super reliable.
I do not. They're kind of unique in their ownership structure and I don't believe I have any connections inside of that group.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:45 PM 04-28-2020
This has been bothering me for a while now.

For ~20 years hog facilities have been shower in shower out and visitors are required to not have contact with other hogs for 24 hours prior to visiting. It's been a standard biosecurity measure for even longer at some facilities.

Our nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and even some hospitals are often staffed by the reject nurses and have very minimal biosecurity measures in place. I know we can't lock them away behind glass to isolate them, but would a shower in shower out on policy on staff really be a bar too high? Obviously it doesn't do any good if they're an actual shedder and we can't require staff to limit normal contact, but spending your day homeschooling your 4 slobbering heathens and then heading off to your evening nursing home shift just seems like a terrible idea.

We're telling nurses to strip down outside of their homes before going into their family's environment, so why isn't it being encouraged/required in the other direction?
Because it wouldn't matter if they are still breathing.

People are getting this mainly from breathing in droplets. Not from touching things.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:51 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

open that b*tch up!

Don't be like California. We have a castrated Governor with a castrated population.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:51 PM 04-28-2020
Hey we can't stop the lockdown, BWillie hasn't reached #1 on Golden Tee yet.
[Reply]
wazu 04:54 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
open that b*tch up!

Don't be like California. We have a castrated Governor with a castrated population.
I feel for you. California is screwed, which affects us all.

May the odds be ever in your favor. https://t.co/sNBz8UEojO

— Aaron Ginn (@aginnt) April 28, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 04:54 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey we can't stop the lockdown, BWillie hasn't reached #1 on Golden Tee yet.
I'm now the 108th best Golden Tee Mobile golfer in the world. Don't fuck this up, Texas and Georgia.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:55 PM 04-28-2020
This has been bothering me for a while now.

For ~20 years hog facilities have been shower in shower out and visitors are required to not have contact with other hogs for 24 hours prior to visiting. It's been a standard biosecurity measure for even longer at some facilities.

Our nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and even some hospitals are often staffed by the reject nurses and have very minimal biosecurity measures in place. I know we can't lock them away behind glass to isolate them, but would a shower in shower out on policy on staff really be a bar too high? Obviously it doesn't do any good if they're an actual shedder and we can't require staff to limit normal contact, but spending your day homeschooling your 4 slobbering heathens and then heading off to your evening nursing home shift just seems like a terrible idea.

We're telling nurses to strip down outside of their homes before going into their family's environment, so why isn't it being encouraged/required in the other direction?
We have to bring our work clothes and change on the way in and out.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04-28-2020, 04:59 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Then don't.
Gravedigger 05:10 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Hate to get political, but the good thing about having a loudmouth President is he will call out the Castrated Gavin in public very soon.
What’s it with you and the word castrated?
[Reply]
ghak99 05:11 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We have to bring our work clothes and change on the way in and out.
Bring your work clothes. That's a serious breach of the barrier.

Obviously, it's no worse than Grampa's visitors though.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:15 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
What’s it with you and the word castrated?
His girlfriend got him with a broken beer bottle.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:15 PM 04-28-2020
Bring your work clothes. That's a serious breach of the barrier.

Obviously, it's no worse than Grampa's visitors though.
I bring work clothes in a bag , change into them , then change back before leaving

They don’t want you putting scrubs on at home going to work with them.
[Reply]
Fish 05:17 PM 04-28-2020
Those 2 Cali docs in scrubs in the video above are now facing some harsh criticism.

California doctors with dubious COVID conclusions debunked
Health experts were quick to say the doctors’ findings were misguided and riddled with statistical errors.

[...]

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
[Reply]
Page 1693 of 3903
« First < 693119315931643168316891690169116921693 169416951696169717031743179321932693 > Last »
Up