ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
NewChief 02:37 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The only way to improve the animation is by giving the Star Wars animation division a bigger budget, which I doubt happens anytime soon.

The viewership (and thus licensing fees) were much higher on the Cartoon Network. But Disney XD and The Disney Channel aren't part of a basic service or lower tiered service, so they'll likely never have that kind of viewership or revenue stream.
I don't know about him, but it might just be the Disney style he dislikes. I, too, am not crazy about their style (preferring the Clone Wars style), but it's grown on me and isn't as distracting as it once was.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:44 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I don't know about him, but it might just be the Disney style he dislikes. I, too, am not crazy about their style (preferring the Clone Wars style), but it's grown on me and isn't as distracting as it once was.
I think the animation improved from Season 1 to Season 2. But Dave Filoni is always talking about how he doesn't have enough "money" to do many of things he'd like to do due to the budget.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:40 PM 04-01-2016
So everyone walked away - Kaanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, and Maul, with Ezra opening a freaking Sith Holicron on his own with no formal training from a Sith master. What does it set up going forward?

EDIT - I see I'm late to the discussion
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So everyone walked away - Kaanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, and Maul,
Kanan was blinded. It reminded me very much of Luke's dual with Vader, in which he lost his hand. It'll be interesting to see if artificial eyes are available in the SW universe or if Kanan will be blind forever.

Maul definitely escaped, which IMO, is awesome. I don't know that it'll happen (even though Dave Filoni says he wants it to happen) but I'd love to see a Vader vs. Maul duel to the death, although obviously, we know who wins it.

There's quite a bit of discussion about whether Ahsoka is dead or alive. Filoni says that "he knows" but that the question won't be answered for quite some time. There is a Young Adult SW book being released this Fall that's about Ahsoka, but it's about her journey after she left the Order and how she became Fulcrum.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
with Ezra opening a freaking Sith Holicron on his own with no formal training from a Sith master. What does it set up going forward?
From my understanding, a Force user doesn't need to be trained in the Sith Arts to open a Sith holocron. He/She just needs to tap into Dark Side energy in order to do so.

I don't have any idea what Ezra's "long play" is going to be but they've been hinting at him becoming a dangerous Dark Side user and hopefully, we'll get to see it happen onscreen.

Oh, and another thing about going 4 seasons: According to Filoni, next year will be heavily Sabine Wren centric. She's an awesome character and I'd love to see more about her as well.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:17 PM 04-01-2016
Dane,

Do your kids watch this with you?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:19 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Dane,

Do your kids watch this with you?
Yes. My 7 year old (soon to be 8 on Sunday!) loves it. My 3 year old watches it with us but I don't think she really "gets" it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:21 PM 04-01-2016
Yes. My 7 year old (soon to be 8 on Sunday!) loves it. My 3 year old watches it with us but I don't think she really "gets" it.
I tried to get my girls to watch the first Star Wars movie with me and they lasted 30 minutes. I thought maybe I would retry with a cartoon version to catch their attention.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:44 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I tried to get my girls to watch the first Star Wars movie with me and they lasted 30 minutes. I thought maybe I would retry with a cartoon version to catch their attention.
When my oldest was 5, I couldn't get her interested in Stars. When she was 6, Rebels Season 1 started and she got into it. After the first season (which was only 16 episodes), we started watching The Clone Wars series on Netflix. She was 7 that summer and was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay into by then.

After The Clones Wars series ended, I introduced her to the films. She had a totally different perspective of Anakin than most people, as she saw him as a hero and friend in TCW. She still thinks of him as Anakin before Vader.

Anyway, good luck! Hope it works! :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:09 PM 04-01-2016
Is this what it's going to be now? A never ending series of mysteries and riddles?

JFC.

Oh, and "whirly bird" lightsabers?

Fuck me.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:16 PM 04-01-2016
My youngest daughter turns 11 the 8th.

She's starting to really get into it after the video games
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
My youngest daughter turns 11 the 8th.

She's starting to really get into it after the video games
Awesome, man, Congrats!
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:33 PM 04-01-2016
Awesome, man, Congrats!
Yeah. She's awesome. Loves the royals, chiefs, car shows, and is getting into star wars.

Now bubba? He's three and tries to sneak and watch the walking dead when we are and gets scared as soon as star wars fires up.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:34 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Is this what it's going to be now? A never ending series of mysteries and riddles?

JFC.

Oh, and "whirly bird" lightsabers?

Fuck me.
Yeah, the helicopter blades thing was super lame IMO. The rest of it (sans clunky/choppy animation) was excellent. I didn't find the questions/riddles overly cumbersome. It's a season finale, of course there is going to be bait to keep fans coming back for the next season.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:37 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Yeah, the helicopter blades thing was super lame IMO. The rest of it (sans clunky/choppy animation) was excellent. I didn't find the questions/riddles overly cumbersome. It's a season finale, of course there is going to be bait to keep fans coming back for the next season.
I get that, but it's becoming a recurring theme.

Who is Snoke?

How did Maul get there?

What happened to Asoka?

Who are Rey's parents?

Did these people at Disney fucking OD on Scooby-Doo?

Damn.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:38 PM 04-01-2016
AND WHY THE FUCK DOES YODA LOOK RETARDED NOW?!?!?!?

Grrrrrr.......
[Reply]
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up