ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
DelaWhere? 10:18 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody said your defense isn't good. It isn't as good as last year. Through 3 quarters last year, the Chiefs basically did whatever they wanted.
Bold statement. We upgraded our D-Line with Calais and Wolfe. Upgraded our Linebackers Corps with the additions of Queen and Harrison. Still have two All-pro caliber CB’s (if not the best duo) in Humphrey and Peters. The only question mark is how big of a loss was Earl Thomas. If you ask most Ravens fans it wasn’t a big one. He was a locker room cancer and the team seemed to want him gone.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:18 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Uh it’s gonna be tough as hell to run the ball. Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe and Brandon Williams is an elite run defending front and Queen is a nice LB.

We’re gonna have to do those outside zone runs if we want to have success
Ok, let’s pretend that is 3 of their front 4, including Judon too.

Then we’ll just pass the damn ball since that group leaves a bit to be desired there, and hopefully execute the simple plays early in doing so.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Then we’ll just pass the damn ball since that group leaves a bit to be desired there, and hopefully execute the simple plays early in doing so.
His point is pretty much baseless anyways. The Browns ran the football very well week 1, and that’s without the real threat of a passing game.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:21 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If we all simultaneously put JakeF on 'ignore,' CP could achieve herd immunity and rid ourselves of his pestilience.
His Neg Reps are even dumber than his posts, something I didn't think was even possible.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:27 AM 09-22-2020
Damn I’m ready for Monday night. Our offense is gonna have that defense wore out. Only pumped in crowd noise, no fans. The only thing we have going against us is we got a little beat up against LA, and we gotta go across the country between games. Aside from that I don’t think there’s much of an advantage for Baltimore. If Sammy can play it might get ugly. Gonna see Andy go full ham with playcalling. Our defense is gonna get some pressure on that banged up line, and Jones, Clark, Taco, and Nnadi are gonna have Lamar spooked. Chiefs got punched in the mouth last week and responded by punching back. I think they’re gonna be focused and loose. Just another game to KC, they’ve got nothing to prove. Baltimore has some pressure coming in, haven’t beaten Mahomes yet, and have had this game circled. Start to fall behind again, and those old feelings are gonna start creeping in, and you’ll see Lamar sitting on the bench looking like Keenan Allen was at the end of the game last week.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:30 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DelaWhere?:
Bold statement. We upgraded our D-Line with Calais and Wolfe. Upgraded our Linebackers Corps with the additions of Queen and Harrison. Still have two All-pro caliber CB’s (if not the best duo) in Humphrey and Peters. The only question mark is how big of a loss was Earl Thomas. If you ask most Ravens fans it wasn’t a big one. He was a locker room cancer and the team seemed to want him gone.
Derek Wolfe?? The Chiefs own that guy, especially Mahomes. Don’t believe me? Straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravensw...-a-season/amp/

“I mean I’m glad I don’t have to play against (Mahomes) twice a year now,” Wolfe said, per Mike Klis of 9News. “Because he was such a huge pain in the ass. You’d get a lead on him and they’d still find a way to come back. They have such a good team all around. I’m excited to be part of another team that’s looking just like that.”

Derek Wolfe and Lamar = 0 for....
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DelaWhere?:
Campbell, at his age, might be a slight upgrade.

You'll find out how much of an upgrade Derek Wolfe is soon enough. The guy disappears in big games and usually spend 2 or 3 games a year sitting on the bench nursing injuries.

We know all about Marcus Peters. The risk with him is equal to the reward.

EDIT: Our offense is upgraded as well. Damien Williams, Eric Fisher, and Tyreek Hill did not play. We had 2 non-starters playing on the offensive line, one of which was so bad, he's now on IR in Dallas. You're going to get a completely different offense this year with an improved Patirck Mahomes and a significantly improved running game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:35 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Derek Wolfe?? The Chiefs own that guy, especially Mahomes. Don’t believe me? Straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravensw...-a-season/amp/

“I mean I’m glad I don’t have to play against (Mahomes) twice a year now,” Wolfe said, per Mike Klis of 9News. “Because he was such a huge pain in the ass. You’d get a lead on him and they’d still find a way to come back. They have such a good team all around. I’m excited to be part of another team that’s looking just like that.”

Derek Wolfe and Lamar = 0 for....
Oof. That quote after this past Sunday is gold.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
His point is pretty much baseless anyways. The Browns ran the football very well week 1, and that’s without the real threat of a passing game.
It was 24-6 in the 2nd quarter and Baker was a disaster. I don’t think the Ravens really cared that they ran the ball to eat time.

Chubb and Kareem had some good runs though. Then again that’s the best RB duo in the league IMO
[Reply]
RunKC 10:55 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I’d like to see us come out in 11 personnel early and force the issue to set up passes early. It just depends on what Martindale has up his sleeve.

When the time comes for us and we struggle, be it against the Chargers, Patriots or whatever defense gives us some issues, I would love to see 21 personnel. Get Tyreek in the back field with Clyde and set up some screens, passes to the flat or even misdirection.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was 24-6 in the 2nd quarter and Baker was a disaster. I don’t think the Ravens really cared that they ran the ball to eat time.

Chubb and Kareem had some good runs though. Then again that’s the best RB duo in the league IMO
They ran the ball well early too...

With no threat of a passing game...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:00 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They ran the ball well early too...

With no threat of a passing game...
The first 5 runs of the game were 11, 0, 29, 22, and -2.

They had a running game but an early INT and a fumble on a gadget play screwed them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:04 AM 09-22-2020
For anyone interested, the gif wars on Reddit Chiefs and Ravens pages are top notch.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:07 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The first 5 runs of the game were 11, 0, 29, 22, and -2.

They had a running game but an early INT and a fumble on a gadget play screwed them.
When RunKC pushes a narrative, he will ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Never mind the fact that we had no problem running the ball last year with LeSean fucking McCoy and Erving at LT.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:10 AM 09-22-2020
For anyone interested, the gif wars on Reddit Chiefs and Ravens pages are top notch.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up