ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:07 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DelaWhere?:
You must be one of those fans that only watch your team, which is obvious by your comments. Lamar goes through his progressions pretty well actually, especially given his age and the fact that he knows how dynamic he can be with his legs. The Ravens have made a point to spread the ball much more this season and not force feed their TE's.

This isn't 100% directed at you but, Ravens fans do not think Lamar is better than Mahomes, lets be clear on that to people on here. This narrative that our Defense isn't good is pretty funny though. The Tavon injury was pretty big but not something that is so catostrophic that we can't come back from it. Wink will scheme up ways to hide or deficiencies. The O-line is a concern but without an extended training camp we knew it would take some games for that to come together. This is a very good Ravens team. Not unbeatable by any stretch.
I guess I meant more as going through his progressions under duress is more like it. Admittedly I haven’t watched one second of Baltimore this season. But I know the 2 teams you’ve played have had pretty bad defenses. Texans we saw firsthand, Browns are still the Browns. Here’s hoping we both come away with no injuries, and a Chiefs victory.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 09-22-2020
You must be one of those fans that only watch your team, which is obvious by your comments. Lamar goes through his progressions pretty well actually, especially given his age and the fact that he knows how dynamic he can be with his legs. The Ravens have made a point to spread the ball much more this season and not force feed their TE's.

This isn't 100% directed at you but, Ravens fans do not think Lamar is better than Mahomes, lets be clear on that to people on here. This narrative that our Defense isn't good is pretty funny though. The Tavon injury was pretty big but not something that is so catostrophic that we can't come back from it. Wink will scheme up ways to hide or deficiencies. The O-line is a concern but without an extended training camp we knew it would take some games for that to come together. This is a very good Ravens team. Not unbeatable by any stretch.

Ravens have a good D. It doesn’t match up great against the Chiefs because the Ravens pass rush is just OK and requires sending extra men to get pressure. Mahomes is efficient and dangerous against the blitz. Teams that can rush four and drop seven and still create quick pressure are the ones that give Mahomes the most trouble, especially if it’s paired with disciplined zone D and good tackling in the back 7.
[Reply]
Best22 09:39 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
As much as each game is important with only one playoff bye spot I almost feel like we are playing with house money with this one. What I mean is even if we lose this away game to a monster opponent, playoff Mahomes will run the table again like no one this league has seen. Maybe a spanking would humble them a bit and provide fuel for the rest of the season given how shaky they have started.
Shaky? We had one close game after dealing with a lot of defensive attrition
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:40 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ravens have a good D. It doesn’t match up great against the Chiefs because the Ravens pass rush is just OK and requires sending extra men to get pressure. Mahomes is efficient and dangerous against the blitz. Teams that can rush four and drop seven and still create quick pressure are the ones that give Mahomes the most trouble, especially if it’s paired with disciplined zone D and good tackling in the back 7.
Don’t you have to try that Chargers/49ers style of approach though if you’re Martindale?

They’ve tried the blitz heavy stuff the last two years and it hasn’t worked well enough. Now they have Peters, who maybe can steal one in a deep zone with his eyes on Mahomes.

I know, they’d still give up points cause the talent isn’t on par with LAC, but it’s the only scheme that really has given Mahomes and Reid much trouble beyond a half of football.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:46 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Don’t you have to try that Chargers/49ers style of approach though if you’re Martindale?
Exactly, and that's my concern. I think they will try the Seattle Scheme approach and do it in their own flavor.

I expect 4 man rushes with a crowded secondary. It's proven to be the only thing to effectively slow down the Chiefs and the Chiefs still struggle with it.

CEH was brought in to help address that, but Reid forgot he existed on Sunday and had Mahomes drop back 47 times.

I'm reminded of the Colts last year, and Mahomes talking about how they came out and ran a defense that they've never ran, and thus the Chiefs weren't prepared. The Colts flipped their script and started doing the things the Chiefs struggled against.

I'm reminded of NFL Hardkocks, where seemingly everytime we caught a Chargers coach watching game film they were watching the Chiefs....

And to think the Ravens haven't been working on a Chiefs specific approach is silly. They've had all offseason to think about how they'll attack Mahomes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:54 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Exactly, and that's my concern. I think they will try the Seattle Scheme approach and do it in their own flavor.

I expect 4 man rushes with a crowded secondary. It's proven to be the only thing to effectively slow down the Chiefs and the Chiefs still struggle with it.

CEH was brought in to help address that, but Reid forgot he existed on Sunday and had Mahomes drop back 47 times.

I'm reminded of the Colts last year, and Mahomes talking about how they came out and ran a defense that they've never ran, and thus the Chiefs weren't prepared. The Colts flipped their script and started doing the things the Chiefs struggled against.

I'm reminded of NFL Hardkocks, where seemingly everytime we caught a Chargers coach watching game film they were watching the Chiefs....

And to think the Ravens haven't been working on a Chiefs specific approach is silly. They've had all offseason to think about how they'll attack Mahomes.

But if you don’t get home against Mahomes with a 4-man rush the Chiefs will carve you up.

It’s a risky strategy.

Healthy Mahomes + all weapons eats zones up. If you’re not getting home, the Chiefs have time to run all their routes, and the Chiefs can use their crazy skill personnel to make you pay.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:55 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Well if we’re sitting here talking about this possibility, by God Reid and his staff had better be considering it too.

The good news again is I think we can run the football better early against Baltimore without a doubt and that might allow us to stay in comfortable down and distances that don’t tip run or pass.

But there’s no excuse to not have a plan ready for any and all defensive approaches in a game as big as this.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:00 AM 09-22-2020
Uh it’s gonna be tough as hell to run the ball. Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe and Brandon Williams is an elite run defending front and Queen is a nice LB.

We’re gonna have to do those outside zone runs if we want to have success
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:03 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Well if we’re sitting here talking about this possibility, by God Reid and his staff had better be considering it too.

The good news again is I think we can run the football better early against Baltimore without a doubt and that might allow us to stay in comfortable down and distances that don’t tip run or pass.

But there’s no excuse to not have a plan ready for any and all defensive approaches in a game as big as this.
Staylor is Veach, so we know they have an eye on this board
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:06 AM 09-22-2020
I'm hoping the return of Mike Pennel is our savior on run defense, otherwise this is going to be a looooooong night...

....until Mahomes comes back and wins it after trailing by 21 points with :48 left in regulation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they run a blitz-heavy scheme, that would be a way to take advantage of what Gay does well currently without overwhelming him with responsibilities.
I don't think we'll see a lot of outside blitzes. That's a good way to lose containment and let him run wild.

They'll probably zone blitz and keep the DE's back to keep Jackson from running outside.

They played a lot of read and react last year and it worked.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Uh it’s gonna be tough as hell to run the ball. Calais Campbell, Derek Wolfe and Brandon Williams is an elite run defending front and Queen is a nice LB.

Queen is not very good against the run...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 09-22-2020

Nobody said your defense isn't good. It isn't as good as last year. Through 3 quarters last year, the Chiefs basically did whatever they wanted.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Also, Kareem Hunt had 5.5 YPC and Chubb had 6 week 1...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:17 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, Kareem Hunt had 5.5 YPC and Chubb had 6 week 1...
Our running backs averaged almost 7 yards per carry against them last year without Damien Williams and Eric Fisher. Also didn’t have Tyreek keeping them honest.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up