ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1846 of 3903
« First < 846134617461796183618421843184418451846 184718481849185018561896194623462846 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
When's the last time a virus popped up and offed this many people this quickly?
I'm curious to know how many of these people who died from Covid would've also been off'd by the flu or their "underlying medical condition".

I think it should be considered in this conversation if we're trying to gauge how Covid is actually affecting mortality.

Of course there's no way to actually know that.

But there has to be some sort of % of people off'd by Covid that likely would've been off'd by the seasonal Flu as well. It's the same type of person at risk for the most part. A demographic that's at risk for well, nearly everything.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:28 PM 05-04-2020
People lose their shit about vaccines, there will be people that refuse a covid one if/when that comes.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:28 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
nope people still won't , it probably didn't go up with H1n1, it won't now people fear vaccines more than viruses because the man who is trying to GET them created it.
It's possible. I'm hopeful though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:29 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So then we lock everything down until everyone get their shot!!!

And FTR, I get the flu shot every year and was sick as fuck this year.

And what about these fucking kids running around with the flu but they are asymptomatic but they bring it home to Mom and Dad and Granny and Grampy?

I am just saying there is a degree of irony in all of this, you have to admit.
If they thought it could kill 2.2 million in 6 months they would shut it down for the flu too
[Reply]
Donger 02:29 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
When was the last time any nation stopped EVERYTHING because of a virus?
We did in 1918 during the Spanish Flu.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:29 PM 05-04-2020
I bet we do simply from people being extra cautious about things like not going to work if they are sick, etc.

Or people will just get labeled with Covid and not get tested because things.
Right. There's really no way of knowing but it should be considered.

If the numbers are reduced then some will say it's the result of social distancing.

Others will say that Covid got 'em before the Flu did and that person likely would've been part of the Flu statistic intead. Idk. But it is interesting.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:30 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Keep in mind that they had no idea that the infection rate was likely 20X higher than they knew at that time.
In the beginning of March?
[Reply]
jdubya 02:30 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I do wonder if we'll see a reduction in flu deaths this year.
There will be a reduction of many COD`s this year because C19 is being blamed for nearly all. How many without C19 were going to die within hours, days or weeks from CAD, CVA, CA, PE`s, Sepsis, etc etc? Some here seem to be forgetting that the overwhelming majority of deaths are these very elderly.

But lets shut the economic engine down, hide under a rock and stop living....that will make it go away
[Reply]
Monticore 02:30 PM 05-04-2020
So then we lock everything down until everyone get their shot!!!

And FTR, I get the flu shot every year and was sick as **** this year.

And what about these ****ing kids running around with the flu but they are asymptomatic but they bring it home to Mom and Dad and Granny and Grampy?

I am just saying there is a degree of irony in all of this, you have to admit.
Flu doesn't have asymptomatic spread and if everybody is vaccinated it helps protect them even if they get it. Just because you got sick with the flu shot doesn't mean it was the flu and even if it was it still helps reduce the severity.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
People lose their shit about vaccines, there will be people that refuse a covid one if/when that comes.
Oh no doubt.

You can bet your ass there isn't an anti-vaccer on the planet that believes Covid is a big deal. They're pretty much hard wired to believe that every vaccine is just a money making ploy for big Pharma that will give you autism.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:32 PM 05-04-2020
There will be a reduction of many COD`s this year because C19 is being blamed for nearly all. How many without C19 were going to die within hours, days or weeks from CAD, CVA, CA, PE`s, Sepsis, etc etc? Some here seem to be forgetting that the overwhelming majority of deaths are these very elderly.

But lets shut the economic engine down, hide under a rock and stop living....that will make it go away
This is a really dumb post.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:33 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Flu doesn't have asymptomatic spread and if everybody is vaccinated it helps protect them even if they get it. Just because you got sick with the flu shot doesn't mean it was the flu and even if it was it still helps reduce the severity.
If flu doesn't have asymptomatic spread then how does it get spread without everyone getting the flu?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:33 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
In the beginning of March?
You would have to assume if thats the case now it was the case then yes.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:33 PM 05-04-2020

I do enjoy the "we're bored" argument......I feel like it's been kinda nice to get my spring cleaning done. Have my deck all ready for summer, get to sleep in a bit oh and have time for some video games..

Fuckin A madden has a new roster some dude made with the rookies on it, fun times.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:34 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh no doubt.

You can bet your ass there isn't an anti-vaccer on the planet that believes Covid is a big deal. They're pretty much hard wired to believe that every vaccine is just a money making ploy for big Pharma that will give you autism.
I'm not big on needles but after having screws inserted in my pelvis the comparison really isn't much anymore.
[Reply]
Page 1846 of 3903
« First < 846134617461796183618421843184418451846 184718481849185018561896194623462846 > Last »
Up