ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 100
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 02:25 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A bye week is a bye week. :-)
Correlation vs causation. Are bye week teams making it because of the bye, or because they're better?

If it's truly the bye week that propels them, then perhaps the 1 bye will still matter.

But if it's a matter of a great team, then it won't.

The #2 seed making it could happen because they're good, not because of the bye, and vice versa.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:27 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Actually todays #2 seed is more like a 3 seed than a 1 seed and only 2 3 seeds have ever made it...
Well no, not at all.

The 2 seed is still guaranteed, at minimum, 2 home playoff games (if they win).

Possibly 3, if the 1 seed loses.

That's not the case with 3 seed.

The difference between the #2 and #3 seed was not only the bye week.

Pittsburgh will find that out next week, when they have to come to Buffalo.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:27 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
What I said isn稚 common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in the first 8 and then 8-0 I知 looking at what the total is. I知 looking at the teams with winning records, looking at what they did against playoff teams. To me that matters more than only looking at bits and pieces of the total.

What did they do in September, who was injured, who did they play, did they get someone new, all things I知 looking at.

What are they doing right now, I知 looking at the same things.

8-0 is amazing if you are playing nothing but Houston type teams to finish the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 01-05-2021
In other words, not a single one, going back 5 years, won or even went to a SB, while losing 4 of 5.

Which makes sense.
The Bills have won their last 6 games.

You know how many teams have made the Super Bowl during that same time after winning 6 games straight?

The 2016 Patriots.

And last year's Chiefs.

Seriously, you're getting schooled here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 01-05-2021
Chiefs fans are SO arrogant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 01-05-2021

[Reply]
diqlix 02:32 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Bills have won their last 6 games.

You know how many teams have made the Super Bowl during that same time after winning 6 games straight?

The 2016 Patriots.

And last year's Chiefs.

Seriously, you're getting schooled here.
And 9 of their last 10.

But, what does that have to do with the Steelers losing 4 of 5?

Obviously its nice that the Bills are on the same trajectory to the Super Bowl as last years Chiefs, but...
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:32 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Baltimore Ravens were 8-0 in the second half of the season last year... lost their first playoff game.

The 2018 Chicago Bears were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

Just a few recent examples of late season success not equating to continued momentum in the playoffs.

Perhaps you should take a step back and get your facts straight before continuing to humiliate yourself by posting unsubstantiated babble.
2016 Kansas City Chiefs....although they did win their wildcard game
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 01-05-2021
And 9 of their last 10.

But, what does that have to do with the Steelers losing 4 of 5?

Obviously its nice that the Bills are on the same trajectory to the Super Bowl as last years Chiefs, but...
Who was talking about the Steelers?

Your assertion was that teams that finish the last half of the season strong do better in the playoffs.

They don't. It's that fucking simple. Almost as simple as your mind.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:33 PM 01-05-2021
Pittsburgh has "evolved" from their first match-up with Buffalo and will beat the Bills in the playoffs... assuming Buffalo is able to beat Indy and actually win a playoff game for the first time in 26 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
2016 Kansas City Chiefs....although they did win their wildcard game
But the Steelers have lost 4 of 5!
[Reply]
diqlix 02:35 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
What I said isn稚 common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in the first 8 and then 8-0 I知 looking at what the total is. I知 looking at the teams with winning records, looking at what they did against playoff teams. To me that matters more than only looking at bits and pieces of the total.

What did they do in September, who was injured, who did they play, did they get someone new, all things I知 looking at.

What are they doing right now, I知 looking at the same things.

8-0 is amazing if you are playing nothing but Houston type teams to finish the season.
I suppose we will agree to disagree then.

What matters most to me is "What have you done lately".

For example, I'm not impressed by the Steelers 11-0 start, because they have lost the last 4 of 5 games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 01-05-2021
The only decent Bills fan I could find and TheDicks doesn't even like girls.

[Reply]
diqlix 02:36 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Pittsburgh has "evolved" from their first match-up with Buffalo and will beat the Bills in the playoffs... assuming Buffalo is able to beat Indy and actually win a playoff game for the first time in 26 years.
If they did, that would be an interesting point.

But they haven't.

Since Buffalo, they have lost 2 of 3.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:36 PM 01-05-2021
I suppose we will agree to disagree then.

What matters most to me is "What have you done lately".

For example, I'm not impressed by the Steelers 11-0 start, because they have lost the last 4 of 5 games.
Yes, we heard your message. You are wildly impressed by the Bills beating on cupcakes. So bet them.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 100
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up