ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 240
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Colts game he absolutely deserves criticism for. But he deserves criticism for doing exactly what Chiefzilla said he SHOULD have done. His mistake there was to NOT starve the clock.

The Titans game has been litigated to death but frankly I have a hard time putting that one on Reid as well. The Titans offense and our porous run D completely killed the offenses ability to get the ball. I mean - you know they got three drives on offense in the 2nd half, right? 3. And Smith missed 2 plays that would've led to scores in those two drives, Butker missed an easy FG on the other. He got three drives with two blown by execution and he's takes shit for being the reason the offense didn't put up points.

The 'atrocious clock management' against the Patriots has ALWAYS been a bullshit argument made by people who simply refuse to pay attention to anything that was going on in that game.

He owns the Colts game - absolutely, unequivocally and without question. But it's hilarious to me that even the folks that finally get to put a feather in their cap about "Andy Reid: Bad Clock Manager" have no earthly idea how that feather ended up there. They'll argue against their own cause and then cite that stupid game.

Because...y'know...they're idiots.

You’re killing it in this thread, but I just wanted to add that the amount of injuries, some to our best players, that occured in those two games is a complete anomaly.

We were literally dropping like flies.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 09-20-2018
As you mentioned, even in that NE game we were without Maclin, Houston, and Ware. I mean, fuck.

Andy Reid’s Chiefs teams have had the absolute worst luck with injuries come playoff time.
[Reply]
fan4ever 02:13 PM 09-20-2018
Google Seach: Andy Reid Clock Management

Andy Reid still doesn't know how to manage a clock, and it cost the ...
https://ftw.usatoday.com/.../andy-re...iefs-pittsburg...
Jan 16, 2017

Andy Reid just can't help himself. If there is a timeout to be wasted or a time-sensitive drive to be stretched out over seven minutes, he's going ...
NFL clock management: Why Andy Reid, other coaches struggle | SI ...
https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/05/nf...id-homer-smith
Sep 5, 2016 -

Andy Reid earned $7.5 million last season, which is better than good, and yet the Chiefs' coach made clock-related decisions in 2015 that cannot be explained away by the task's complexity. Exhibit A is the game that ended Kansas City's season, a 27–20 division-round loss at New England. ... It stopped the clock.

Andy Reid's clock management ruined any chance of a Chiefs ...
https://www.sbnation.com/.../nfl-pla...ock-management
Jan 16, 2016 - Unfortunately, Kansas City's coach is Andy Reid, perhaps the NFL's least clock-savvy coach. Over and over again throughout Reid's career, ...
What Do We Do With Andy Reid's Legacy? - The Ringer
https://www.theringer.com/.../andy-r...eason-choker-n...
Jan 7, 2018 -

Andy Reid knows the power of narrative, too. ... of inexplicable and bewildering time-management gaffes—and his penchant for early postseason exits. ... And instead of grinding down the clock and putting away a team that

...opinions from guys/organizations that cover football for a living...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:14 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's called cynical myopia.

Or "being a 30-year Chiefs fan".

:-)
I started following the Chiefs closely in 87-88, so I'm with you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re killing it in this thread, but I just wanted to add that the amount of injuries, some to our best players, that occured in those two games is a complete anomaly.

We were literally dropping like flies.
The Titans game is just so crazy because Kelce was wrecking them. And then Reid has a whopping 2 offensive drives before suddenly the Titans have the lead.

One of those drives is a missed FG that ices the game. The other ends when Smith puts the ball right into Orson Charles chest and he drops it. Just flat drops it. Guy shouldn't have been on the field anyway but Kelce was hurt so because Reid STUCK TO HIS GAMEPLAN he was still trying to get balls to the TE and he drew up an easy pitch and the guy flat fucking drops the ball.

And I'm sure after his first drive ends in a missed FG, his 2nd drive ends in a drop and now the Titans have taken the lead before his 3rd drive - he's just looking to milk the clock. Clearly that was just more stupid clock management by Andy Reid.

It's just absolute nonsense. The Steelers playoff loss wasn't on Andy Reid either; Sutton has a LB covering Brown, the zebras throw a flag to protect Harrison on a play that had been happening to Hali all night, Smith runs away from a phantom blitz and fails to hit the best deep ball receiver in the league when there's nobody within 15 yards of him. But hey, we lost so I'll just say "we lost a lead against Pittsburgh" and nothing else as evidence that Reid's game management is poor then I won't bother to defend what actually happened on the field.

But really - he ran the ball on 2nd and 6 once with a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter. Stupid asshole.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:20 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've already heard from some friends of mine that like other teams..."Doesn't matter how good Mahomes is, Andy Reid is your coach so his time management and playoff ineptitude is what will win in the end"
Why do we care what your friends think?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
...opinions from guys/organizations that cover football for a living...
Goddamn I do love me an appeal to authority.

You make up a justification for his actions in the Patriots loss, I point out exactly why it made perfect sense for him to do it and you post a narrative born of pissed of Philly fans who have already booed Nick Foles after they won the super bowl that they were sure would let them die in peace.

But hey - other people say this so it must be true. I mean, nevermind that I'm positive that I know more about the Chiefs and the things they have done/not done over the last decade precisely because I don't follow 32 NFL teams for a living. Some fucking glorified blogger named Steven repeated it and it got stuck on USA Today's aggregator so it must be true.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:21 PM 09-20-2018

You make up a justification for his actions in the Patriots loss, I point out exactly why it made perfect sense for him to do it and you post a narrative born of pissed of Philly fans who have already booed Nick Foles after they won the super bowl that they were sure would let them die in peace.

But hey - other people say this so it must be true. I mean, nevermind that I'm positive that I know more about the Chiefs and the things they have done/not done over the last decade precisely because I don't follow 32 NFL teams for a living. Some ****ing glorified blogger named Steven repeated it and it got stuck on USA Today's aggregator so it must be true.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:26 PM 09-20-2018
Colts, Steelers and Titans game were absolutely Andy Reid’s fault. I don’t care that Kelce got hurt. You still had Tyreek, Wilson, Hunt and Robinson.

Alex Smith fucked up royally bc he was a pussy. That doesn’t absolve Andy Reid from blame bc he HAD to have Alex when he got here.

Thank god we lost to the Steelers, especially the way we did. I’m 100% convinced that that was Andy’s breaking point with Alex. If we win that game at the end, I’m not sure Mahomes is a Chief.

But who cares. I’m tired of talking about the past bc we could legitimately make the SB with Mahomes...this year
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM 09-20-2018
Can a mod re-title this thread? It's making the board look dumber than normal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Colts, Steelers and Titans game were absolutely Andy Reid’s fault. I don’t care that Kelce got hurt. You still had Tyreek, Wilson, Hunt and Robinson.

Alex Smith fucked up royally bc he was a pussy. That doesn’t absolve Andy Reid from blame bc he HAD to have Alex when he got here.

Thank god we lost to the Steelers, especially the way we did. I’m 100% convinced that that was Andy’s breaking point with Alex. If we win that game at the end, I’m not sure Mahomes is a Chief.

But who cares. I’m tired of talking about the past bc we could legitimately make the SB with Mahomes...this year
How the fuck can you say the Titans game was his fault?

Tell me what he actually did wrong. He miss that fieldgoal? He drop the pass to Charles? He miss the deep shot to Wilson? he wasn't just trying to milk the clock there - he was trying to move the ball and his guys weren't executing. He didn't change his gameplan - he just didn't get a chance to use it because the defense couldn't get off the field. He called plays that should've generated at least 6 points, probably ten and possibly 13. Now if you want to criticize him for retaining Sutton I'll listen, but that's not a game-coach issue.

And Smith just can't handle the zone rush from Pittsburgh. We saw the night/day difference between how those guy QBs deal with that - Smith ran away from the pressure, Mahomes attacked it. And when Andy had a guy willing to attack it, you see what happens.

There's no way you can put those at his feet. I just don't see what he could've possibly done differently.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:37 PM 09-20-2018

But hey - other people say this so it must be true. I mean, nevermind that I'm positive that I know more about the Chiefs and the things they have done/not done over the last decade precisely because I don't follow 32 NFL teams for a living. Some ****ing glorified blogger named Steven repeated it and it got stuck on USA Today's aggregator so it must be true.
Plenty of that. But then plenty of grandpa Bob playing his good Ole prevent, which Id have to imagine has a lot of Reid's pawprints on it. And the jaw dropping idea of running Kareem hunt twice in the second half. And then there's the indy game where we once again went prevent, but more importantly went with an absurdly conservative offense after thrashing the colts the entire first half.

Sure Andy isn't entirely to blame. But it's always something. And this has been going on constantly before he even got here. Every playoff loss had a bizarre finish. We are the only team in modern history to lose once let alone twice from 18+ points. At some point you have to recognize the common trend. You could probably dissect every Marty playoff loss the same way too. With reasons and sometimes excuses. And in many cases, you can't pinpoint that one critical mistake he made except to acknowledge that after it happens over and over again, it's probably more than just a string of freak bad luck streaks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 09-20-2018
And we probably ought to just pre-emptively note that at some point teams are going to play a 2 deep man and they're going to take away both the seam passes to Kelce and most of the deep balls to Hill - that's just the nature of that coverage.

And when that happens, Reid will have to use underneath passes, the running game and yes, the {gasp} screen pass.

Teams have dared Mahomes to beat them and to this point he has. They're gonna stop doing that soon and they're gonna give him the Brady treatment. When that happens, we're gonna see fewer of these savage 25 yard strikes up the seam to Kelce. We're not gonna see Hunt breaking loose off a single move down the sideline as often anymore.

That doesn't mean Andy is a pussy know, m'kay fellas? The other guys get paid to play as well.
[Reply]
fan4ever 02:39 PM 09-20-2018

I've simply witnessed the same thing as the sports writers...let me know the next time someone is paying you for your opinion on sports. Kind of lends a certain amount of credibility.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:39 PM 09-20-2018
I said it earlier... Alice Smith.

Like FAX said, Alice and Reid turned the franchise around. Alice, knowing he was going to be replaced, helped to mold Mahomes and I (we) will forever be grateful. Smith hasn't and will not win a Superbowl. He's a game manager, though at times he can't even do that right, not a game changer. Blame Andy all you want little buddies but he can't force guys to catch the ball, to throw to open receivers, to make tackles, or to make field goals.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 240
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up