ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 99
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:44 AM 10-21-2019
They haven't brought in another QB yet, right? They must think there must a slight chance of him playing. I can't believe they would roll with only one QB available.

I have to say, though, that a very small part of me wants to see the Sausage play QB. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:48 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
They haven't brought in another QB yet, right? They must think there must a slight chance of him playing. I can't believe they would roll with only one QB available.

I have to say, though, that a very small part of me wants to see the Sausage play QB. :-)
They said Shurmur will be the back up
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:53 AM 10-21-2019
Seems like much ado about nothing really. This is the equivalent of popping a finger back in place. Spit on it and get back out there.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:55 AM 10-21-2019
They have NOT brought up Shurmur from the practice squad yet. Seems very telling to me.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:04 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
They have NOT brought up Shurmur from the practice squad yet. Seems very telling to me.
It’s only Monday. But yea Florio said Shurmur will back up
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:08 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He has to practice this week or he is not eligible to play I believe.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:08 PM 10-21-2019
They said Shurmur will be the back up
So when you said "they said", you meant someone not actually affiliated with the organization.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:14 PM 10-21-2019
So when you said "they said", you meant someone not actually affiliated with the organization.
Are we not trusting Florio anymore?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:15 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I haven’t seen 6 weeks from anyone besides you... dumbass
Literally about every single source has said 3 - 5 or 6 weeks. You're the one reading between the lines that anything sooner than that is possible. And even still you're completely assuming that any decision to quickly get him back on the field is made without considering reinjury risk. I get the idea of rushing him back and don't think it's a long term risk, but youre the dumbass if you think more rest wouldn't ultimately make him healthier and better short term.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:16 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Seems like much ado about nothing really. This is the equivalent of popping a finger back in place. Spit on it and get back out there.
Seems supported by science. I mean, who cares about ligaments and stabilizing muscles?
[Reply]
Frosty 12:20 PM 10-21-2019
Are we not trusting Florio anymore?
Why, because he's assuming the same thing everyone is assuming but the Chiefs haven't actually done yet?

I know this was a mini-bye because of the TNF game but you would think think that Eric B, Reid and Moore have been huddled up working out a game plan Moore is comfortable with since they got back to KC. You would also think that the backup QB would be involved too. I just found it odd that at this point, there is only one active QB, assuming Mahomes is out.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:23 PM 10-21-2019
Why, because he's assuming the same thing everyone is assuming but the Chiefs haven't actually done yet?

I know this was a mini-bye because of the TNF game but you would think think that Eric B, Reid and Moore have been huddled up working out a game plan Moore is comfortable with since they got back to KC. You would also think that the backup QB would be involved too. I just found it odd that at this point, there is only one active QB, assuming Mahomes is out.
Shurmur is probably running the scout team this week. He will get called up eventually. Shurmur knows the offense but let’s be honest if he has to come in the game it’s over. I’d rather have Sherman as QB. Didn’t even know he could throw. Also on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 I am giving Sherman the ball every single time
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:24 PM 10-21-2019
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...omes-play-week

Originally Posted by :
Trainer Rick Burkholder said Mahomes' MRI "turned out as good as we could possibly imagine.'' He said Mahomes has spent the weekend at the Chiefs' practice facility.

"He's worked all weekend here,'' Burkholder said. "He's done rehabilitation. He did extensive full therapy here at the complex. He's done some stuff in the athletic training room and is progressing nicely.
JFC Mahomes is a warrior.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:57 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Literally about every single source has said 3 - 5 or 6 weeks. You're the one reading between the lines that anything sooner than that is possible. And even still you're completely assuming that any decision to quickly get him back on the field is made without considering reinjury risk. I get the idea of rushing him back and don't think it's a long term risk, but youre the dumbass if you think more rest wouldn't ultimately make him healthier and better short term.
There has been sources saying 3 games or maybe even less. Including today when Andy didn't even for sure rule him out on Sunday.

That's basically saying he's week to week, saying there is no timeline with it.

He sits this week comes back next week is my feeling with the news we got today. Max he sits 2 games and is back for the titans.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:06 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
There has been sources saying 3 games or maybe even less. Including today when Andy didn't even for sure rule him out on Sunday.

That's basically saying he's week to week, saying there is no timeline with it.

He sits this week comes back next week is my feeling with the news we got today. Max he sits 2 games and is back for the titans.
My point is that the guy called me a dumbass for saying 6 weeks. I didn't say it was the recommended timeline. But it's literally the max thats being commonly reported. I tend to agree with you except that I think the Chiefs will play it by ear... If kc wins 1 of the next 2 and/or Oakland loses 1 of the next 2... Id bet we will be in no hurry to bring him back unless completely necessary.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 99
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up