ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 42
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:07 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The thing is, this was a pre-determined throw. Alex knew he was going deep before the ball was snapped.

He sucks at actually reading a defense as a play unfolds and then deciding to go deep, and forget about doing it off improvisation. That's why he blew goat dick in the playoffs.

That's why he's a career 25% passer on throws over 20 yards.
It was a good throw. That's all that matters.
[Reply]
milkman 09:12 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It was a good throw. That's all that matters.
It was a good throw.

Now all we need is about 90 scripted plays per game in the regular season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:29 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
It was a good throw.

Now all we need is about 90 scripted plays per game in the regular season.
I don't understand why you wouldn't be happy about that pass with all the reports of Alex-And-Hill having a good connection in training camp?

So basically you Alex Smith haters want Alex Smith to do bad this season and are rooting against him? It is painfully obvious in your posts.

Pathetic. And you call yourself Chief fans. Mahomesexuals is all you really are.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:33 AM 08-16-2017
I don't understand why you wouldn't be happy about that pass with all the reports of Alex-And-Hill having a good connection in training camp?

So basically you Alex Smith haters want Alex Smith to do bad this season and are rooting against him? It is painfully obvious in your posts.

Pathetic. And you call yourself Chief fans. Mahomesexuals is all you really are.
No we want Alex to actually make plays like that consistently...not 5-8 times a season.

Alex did this same thing to Chris Conley last preseason and then when the real games started he went back to being scared.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:33 AM 08-16-2017
I'm under the impression that Reid moved Mahomes up to keep the competitive heat on Smith. He was the #1 QB in the NFL the year after Kaep was drafted...then got hurt.

I think Smith has his best season as a Chief...whether you believe it or not, he is a competitive guy. He knows he has to play well...and really doesn't have much to lose. Andy knows how to motivate players...

Having Mahomes bombing away everyday in camp is going to be a positive influence on him...just like he is going to be a positive influence on the finer details.
[Reply]
milkman 09:34 AM 08-16-2017

You are a fucking idiot.

I don't want Smith to do badly.
I want him to step up and play at the level that he is capable of playing.

Camp reports have spoken glowingly about Smith every single year.
Then he comes out and does what Alex Smith does, every single year.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:36 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
You are a ****ing idiot.

I don't want Smith to do badly.
I want him to step up and play at the level that he is capable of playing.

Camp reports have spoken glowingly about Smith every single year.
Then he comes out and does what Alex Smith does, every single year.
Alright buddy.. Take it easy. We are on the same side here.

So much anger...

Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm under the impression that Reid moved Mahomes up to keep the competitive heat on Smith. He was the #1 QB in the NFL the year after Kaep was drafted...then got hurt.

I think Smith has his best season as a Chief...whether you believe it or not, he is a competitive guy. He knows he has to play well...and really doesn't have much to lose.
Hell yeah!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:27 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I can't even get a table dance? Generally I make the cut when this list out
You're more of a complainer of the complainers than an actual defender.

He uses the style that works for him and has helped make him millions of dollars. He isn't going to change. I have no problem with his style as long as we continue to have success.

I'm sure he will be a little more aggressive this year but I wouldn't expect anything drastic. He is who he is.

He'll be gone after this year I'm sure so if you hate him that much, don't watch. Find something better to do with your time.
You stated that he and Reid need to improve their playoff record. If he isn't going to change, why should we expect him to be able to change his playoff results?

Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has done what he was supposed to do. He came here to stabilize a key position in a sh** organization (sorry guys but we have sucked pretty much every year since Marty left) and help get them their first playoff win in like 20-years and buy us time to find our QB which we just drafted.

He did his job.

Now hopefully he can help us take the next step and win the SB.
Agreed on the first paragraph. He did more then I expected he would and everything we needed to turn the ship around. As you stated, he probably isn't going to change his approach so it seems unlikely that he will find Hill more in future playoff games or that his playoff results will change.
[Reply]
19now11 10:39 AM 08-16-2017
first preseason game alex passes the ball all over the field. they do 1 hand off at the 2 yard line and it gets walked in. alex is shown for 0 touchdowns. this happens all year long. it appears you alex haters are the only ones who give a shit about his stats. all he dose is win. he isnt a selfish ****
[Reply]
penbrook 10:43 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
first preseason game alex passes the ball all over the field. they do 1 hand off at the 2 yard line and it gets walked in. alex is shown for 0 touchdowns. this happens all year long. it appears you alex haters are the only ones who give a shit about his stats. all he dose is win. he isnt a selfish ****
Alex "All I Do Is Win" Smith
[Reply]
dls6501 10:59 AM 08-16-2017
If I started calling Alex: Alex "All I Do Is Lose In The Playoffs" Smith, Alex fans would flip out.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:00 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
Most CPers aren't asking Alex to throw 35 TDs. We just want him to take the chances and execute some of the passes he hasn't been able to in the big playoff games which causes his Alex "all he does is win" Smith name to be in regular season only.

I don't think hell has to freeze over for Alex to make some of these plays, but each passing year makes it less likely that he is going to change what needs to change.

The only new factor here is Mahomes potentially breathing down his neck for the right to start in 2018. That's really the only thing that I think will possibly change Alex this year. Crushing playoff defeats have not changed him so I don't think the PIT game is a reason to expect any change.
[Reply]
rico 11:19 AM 08-16-2017

No, we don't want Smith to do poorly. We are just pretty familiar with this story, for it feels like we have experienced it a few times before...and we don't like the ending. It is even reminiscent of some Chiefs teams of the past. If you knew anything about the Chiefs prior to Smith, you would know that, but yeah...Smith is who we know he is and we hate how the story ends.
[Reply]
jspchief 11:48 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

I think Smith has his best season as a Chief...whether you believe it or not, he is a competitive guy. He knows he has to play well...and really doesn't have much to lose. Andy knows how to motivate players...

Having Mahomes bombing away everyday in camp is going to be a positive influence on him...just like he is going to be a positive influence on the finer details.
I've said more than once that it feels like Alex plays to not lose his job.

When he feels the pressure, he opens it up. But when opening it up starts make him look bad, he starts playing to not get benched. Off season heat for not stretching the field? He comes in week 1 throwing deep. Those deep throws get picked? Back to checkdown charlie.

He doesn't stick his neck out in the name of winning games. He sticks it out in the name of not getting benched (again). He may or may not have the tools to elevate his game beyond its current state, but he's too risk averse to try unless a gun is to his head. I fully expect him to come out swinging this year, I just don't think it's going to change his future in kc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:04 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
No, we don't want Smith to do poorly. We are just pretty familiar with this story, for it feels like we have experienced it a few times before...and we don't like the ending. It is even reminiscent of some Chiefs teams of the past. If you knew anything about the Chiefs prior to Smith, you would know that, but yeah...Smith is who we know he is and we hate how the story ends.
Our D last yr was not as good as you are making it out to be. They were good at takeaways and redzone D. Everything else was below average. Those 90s Ds with Marty were special.. Put Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith on those teams Chiefs win a SB or two.

Maybe you need to do some homework and take off the blinders Alex Smith hater.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 42
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up