ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 382
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:06 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Tim has been more then generous with me so I will sit this one out.

I did get a hold of some Pseudo Sue finally, going to crack it tonight. I afraid its probably going to be a little bit of a disappointment considering there have been so many kick ass beers made since it hit its height of popularity.

I am sure its tasty though.
I picked up some cans of Psuedosue a month or so ago for the first time. With tempered expectations, it was still highly enjoyable. Not sure I'd go out of my way to get it again. Like you said, so many good APA/IPAs nowadays, possibly in your own backyard.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:29 AM 10-29-2016
Got home from work about an hour ago, expecting a box from a dude in Chicago that I made a trade with on Reddit. The trade was for him to send me a bottle of Mikerphone Special Sauce Batch #8 and a Pipeworks Scarlet Betta for some Ghost and Bloom from the Parish release party next month. I opened the box and found not only the two bottles I requested (the two on the left in the pic below), but a variety of other local beers. Super stoked. The craft beer community has quickly become a favorite of mine. The people I've gotten to know through craft beer are always very cool and very generous.

I'm taking the Special Sauce and the Scarlet Betta to a beer share tomorrow. I'm anxious to crack open that Special Sauce.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:01 AM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Got home from work about an hour ago, expecting a box from a dude in Chicago that I made a trade with on Reddit. The trade was for him to send me a bottle of Mikerphone Special Sauce Batch #8 and a Pipeworks Scarlet Betta for some Ghost and Bloom from the Parish release party next month. I opened the box and found not only the two bottles I requested (the two on the left in the pic below), but a variety of other local beers. Super stoked. The craft beer community has quickly become a favorite of mine. The people I've gotten to know through craft beer are always very cool and very generous.

I'm taking the Special Sauce and the Scarlet Betta to a beer share tomorrow. I'm anxious to crack open that Special Sauce.

Nice score on that NG Cran-bic.

I'm sure he wouldn't send you something that dated, but you might check the dates on those Fist City's. Rev had a large recall last month. Fist City recalls were from 8/11-9/26.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:05 AM 10-29-2016

Lulz it isn't that special.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:21 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nice score on that NG Cran-bic.

I'm sure he wouldn't send you something that dated, but you might check the dates on those Fist City's. Rev had a large recall last month. Fist City recalls were from 8/11-9/26.
10/19 on the Fist City, I believe. What do you know about that Unicorn's Revenge? The dude told me that he believes this is the first time they've brewed it in a couple of years, but he remembers liking it.
[Reply]
scho63 12:42 PM 10-29-2016
Dragons Milk Imperial Stout 11%

WOW I am shocked at how smooth this high alcohol beer tastes. It is delicious, no fumes, dark, no after taste, interesting flavors yet I'm buzzed after my second beer.

I give it a 96
Attached: 20161029_135645.jpg (79.7 KB) 20161029_135702.jpg (64.1 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:59 PM 10-29-2016
10/19 on the Fist City, I believe. What do you know about that Unicorn's Revenge? The dude told me that he believes this is the first time they've brewed it in a couple of years, but he remembers liking it.
I had it the week it came out, 10/17. Probably a notch below some of their fish bottles, but it's a nice feature of New Zealand hops. Trademark Pipeworks though, big, boozy, sweet DIPA. I believe they've brewed it before but before I got here. Killer label too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:49 PM 10-29-2016
I had it the week it came out, 10/17. Probably a notch below some of their fish bottles, but it's a nice feature of New Zealand hops. Trademark Pipeworks though, big, boozy, sweet DIPA. I believe they've brewed it before but before I got here. Killer label too.

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:52 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Dragons Milk Imperial Stout 11%

WOW I am shocked at how smooth this high alcohol beer tastes. It is delicious, no fumes, dark, no after taste, interesting flavors yet I'm buzzed after my second beer.

I give it a 96
Dragons Milk is a really good, readily available, and reasonably priced shelf BA stout, imo. I've been able to try a couple of the variants, coffee, toasted chilies, and raspberry lemon (tasted like cough medicine, imo).
[Reply]
kstater 03:23 PM 10-29-2016
My dad brought me some Cigar City Madura Brown ale from Tampa. A fantastic rendition, one of the best I've had

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:02 PM 11-02-2016
Finally got a chance to crack the Opus Vert TimBone was gracious enough to send...

World class.

Citrus, Mango, Hazy deliciousness. Fruit forward, slightly bitter finish.

Could drink this all day. Thanks again, Tim. This was a helluva treat.
Attached: IMG_2355.jpg (88.2 KB) 
[Reply]
TimBone 05:47 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Finally got a chance to crack the Opus Vert TimBone was gracious enough to send...

World class.

Citrus, Mango, Hazy deliciousness. Fruit forward, slightly bitter finish.

Could drink this all day. Thanks again, Tim. This was a helluva treat.
Shit, man, glad you enjoyed. I'm sitting at work right now, and that's making that beer look even better. Cheers.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:51 AM 11-06-2016
Just cracked a bottle of Absence of Light (Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout) from 4 Hands for #allstoutsday.

Good shit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:58 AM 11-06-2016
Yep, stout season in full effect. I had a 2016 cask conditioned Darkness yesterday. I enjoyed the bottle version a couple weeks ago, but this was on another level.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:05 AM 11-06-2016
Yep, stout season in full effect. I had a 2016 cask conditioned Darkness yesterday. I enjoyed the bottle version a couple weeks ago, but this was on another level.
I'd never really gotten into stouts until this year. Can you guys recommend some good ones that I'd be able to find in STL?
[Reply]
Page 225 of 382
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Up