ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 61
« First < 10505657585960 61 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:30 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Would the above qualify as spamming the board?
Could you be more specific?

The only post "above" this one is your latest one, because of I have my threads displayed "newest first".
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:32 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Could you be more specific?

The only post "above" this one is your latest one, because of I have my threads displayed "newest first".
Sorry, was half joking about KChiefs1 'victory lap' he was taking in this thread.

I guess he felt the need to point out everyone else's bad takes, something which I'm sure he's never done himself . . . . . . .
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 04-27-2021
I didn't think there was any way the Ravens would trade him to KC. I still can't really believe they did, but thats their problem now.

For what they had to trade for him, it's a no brainer. He's young, experienced and an ascending player.

I think Darrisaw could end up a better player, but they coudln't trade up that high.

So this is the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:52 AM 04-27-2021
The best part of this trade is how little they paid.

Just spitballin' here....

It's almost like the Ravens made a good faith deal. In good faith for Brown, who, it's hard to believe was anything but a good soldier. And who also has family heritage tied to the team. They sent him to possibly the best place to find success. Talk about landing on your feet....

And to the Chiefs, as Harbaugh is part of Reid's coaching lineage.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that these two front offices have a great respect for each other, maybe even a great relationship with each other. Veach and DeCosta are close in age, both have an eye for talent. I bet there's some mutual respect there.

And look at the structure of the deal. There are many ways to create equal points value. The fact that they came to an agreement on the point value, and the fact that they structed it in a way that's hardly damaging to the Chiefs drafts at all, tells me the Ravens had no interest in trying to fuck the Chiefs.

Maybe i'm just reading way too much into it because i smoked a bowl this morning.

But at the end of the day the Chiefs got a franchise blue chip LT and even moved UP from the 3rd round to the 2nd at the cost of only a couple of late round picks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:58 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The best part of this trade is how little they paid.

Just spitballin' here....

It's almost like the Ravens made a good faith deal. In good faith for Brown, who, it's hard to believe was anything but a good soldier. And who also has family heritage tied to the team. They sent him to possibly the best place to find success. Talk about landing on your feet....

And to the Chiefs, as Harbaugh is part of Reid's coaching lineage.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that these two front offices have a great respect for each other, maybe even a great relationship with each other. Veach and DeCosta are close in age, both have an eye for talent. I bet there's some mutual respect there.

And look at the structure of the deal. There are many ways to create equal points value. The fact that they came to an agreement on the point value, and the fact that they structed it in a way that's hardly damaging to the Chiefs drafts at all, tells me the Ravens had no interest in trying to **** the Chiefs.

Maybe i'm just reading way too much into it because i smoked a bowl this morning.

But at the end of the day the Chiefs got a franchise blue chip LT and even moved UP from the 3rd round to the 2nd at the cost of only a couple of late round picks.
A blue chip LT for only a middle 2nd round pick. Veach did a fantastic job!
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:00 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Very interesting stuff from Peter King on our trade
Well that explains quite a bit. Wish i woulda read this before making that tl;dr post :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:00 AM 04-27-2021
Yeah, my thinking on the trade hasn't changed.

I always thought trading for Brown was a better option than trading up.

What changed was how I saw the trade for Brown against the options OTHER than trading up, especially knowing in hindsight that we got a 2nd round pick out of the deal.

My list kind of looked like this:

1. Trade down.
2. Stay put.
>
5. Trade for Brown.
>
100. Trade up.

As of about two weeks ago, it was kind of like this:

1. Stay put.
>
4. Trade for Brown.
5. Trade down.
>
1000. Trade up.

About Wednesday of last week, it just kind of hit me that trading for Brown was probably a great situation for both he and KC. He quickly moved to the #2 option for me and then the trade happened on Friday and we all saw that 2nd rounder come in.

By far the best possible outcome in my mind.
Fantastic outcome IMHO. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:02 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
A blue chip LT for only a middle 2nd round pick. Veach did a fantastic job!
We got a guy that's better than any LT in the draft with our 1st round pick and we've moved up from the 3rd round to the 2nd.

That's the current 2021 draft situation for the Chiefs.

At the cost of a few mid/late round picks, one of them being next year's.

Excuse me sir while i guffaw.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Fantastic outcome IMHO. :-)
Yep. Like I said yesterday, this trade for me is 2nd only to the Mahomes draft in terms of how ecstatic I am.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:30 PM 05-01-2021
You're going to be very disappointed this offseason.

Even if they find 5 new offensive linemen somewhere, none of them are going to be massive, road grading offensive linemen. Andy Reid doesn't even draft that type of guy.
Yeah, doing a self bump here. I think I earned it.

The Chiefs did EXACTLY what I said they should and people told me they wouldn’t.

I’m not saying I personally know Burt Vick and he does what I tell him, but I mean in this case it sure seems possible. 😋
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:35 PM 05-01-2021
Massive, mauling beasts.

All over our o-line.

I love Andy and I love this team.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:17 PM 09-05-2022
How we feeling about this trade now? Some quality takes in here.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Don't hate it as long as we don't sign him to the biggest contract in the league at that position.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:36 PM 09-05-2022
It's still TBD. Brown was decent his first year, seems to be in great shape and motivated heading into year two. He didn't hold out or show up out of shape which is a great sign.

I still think it was by far our best option when the trade was made, and I feel like Brown is going to play great this year. Everyone should sure as hell be hoping he does.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:03 PM 09-05-2022
Feeling good. He's definitely not the main concern on the line this year, even if I still need to see him dominate against a great speed rusher.

This question needs to be asked once more this time next year, tbh.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 61
« First < 10505657585960 61 >
Up