ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 61
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree with the first two paragraphs for sure. I think we have to trade to #12 to get one of those top guys and I think that would probably cost two 1st's AND two 2nd's at least. I don't see it being worth it at all. But like you, I still believe Veach and company are working something bigger than just taking someone in the draft.

As far as Tunsil, the thinking there is the same as Brown. If I'm trading one or more 1st round picks, I'm getting a guy that is an established known quantity.
I just don't see a way to get up that high without getting absolutely boned.

I'd rather have Tunsil. I don't care for Brown but he'd be fine. I also don't think the Ravens trade him to KC.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:05 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't see a way to get up that high without getting absolutely boned.

I'd rather have Tunsil. I don't care for Brown but he'd be fine. I also don't think the Ravens trade him to KC.
Tunsil for sure. He's a more proven commodity than Brown, and he has that awesome bong/mask thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:08 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Tunsil for sure. He's a more proven commodity than Brown, and he has that awesome bong/mask thing.
Both of them are proven commodities. Tunsil is better but when it comes to trading picks, Brown is adequate for the compensation required. That's compared to the alternatives, mind you.
[Reply]
In58men 08:09 AM 04-14-2021
Why would Tunsil be traded, didn’t he just sign a 3-year contract last year?
[Reply]
rtmike 08:12 AM 04-14-2021
The picks Tunsil has produced already is staggering, lol.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
As far as we know, he's not available. O.City is just speculating that maybe the Texans would entertain it since they're possibly tearing everything down and starting over.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 04-14-2021
I just don't think we can get up high enough to get Sewell or Darrisaw so I'm ruling that out.

I still think they've got something big going. They don't seem to be a "patch it up" kind of front office.

If I'm willing to spend first rounders, I'd still go after Tunsil. I think the Texans are gonna fire sale it and it would make sense for them.
I agree with the first two paragraphs for sure. I think we have to trade to #12 to get one of those top guys and I think that would probably cost two 1st's AND two 2nd's at least. I don't see it being worth it at all. But like you, I still believe Veach and company are working something bigger than just taking someone in the draft.

As far as Tunsil, the thinking there is the same as Brown. If I'm trading one or more 1st round picks, I'm getting a guy that is an established known quantity.
Yeah those guys are going to cost way too much. Not getting the bang for your draft buck there. We cant give away 2 #1's and #2nd's and keep talent around Mahomes in the long run. Maybe teams would do that if this is your last chance at a SB? Thats not our situation. Sucks missing out on Williams, I get that but we cant draft handicap the team for the next 2 years.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
As far as we know, he's not available. O.City is just speculating that maybe the Texans would entertain it since they're possibly tearing everything down and starting over.
The GM has made it known to "ask about anyone but the QB".

It would free up alot of money for them and gain alot of picks which they desperately need.

It wouldn't be cheap, but if you could send them pick #31, next years one and a third it would easily be worth it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 04-14-2021
The GM has made it known to "ask about anyone but the QB".

It would free up alot of money for them and gain alot of picks which they desperately need.

It wouldn't be cheap, but if you could send them pick #31, next years one and a third it would easily be worth it.
2 #1's and a 3rd is easily worth it? :-)
No way anyone is paying that. If so, the deal would already have been made.

pick 31 and a 3rd next year sounds more doable.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

For a franchise LT of his caliber? Yeah, thats what it would take.

The Chiefs first rounders just aren't going to be very valuable to teams because it's gonna be in the back ass end of the first. Plus he's already paid and under control contractually for 3 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I'd much rather give this year's 1st, next year's 1st, and a 3rd for Tunsil than to pay the same (or more) to trade up into the top 12.

All in all, I'd prefer to stay at 31 and not trade picks at all but if we're trading away next year's 1st, I want a proven guy like Tunsil, not a rookie.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 04-14-2021
I’m so done arguing about this tackle shit. Thank God the draft will be here in a couple weeks and we can get rid of this discussion
[Reply]
tredadda 09:09 AM 04-14-2021
I'd much rather give this year's 1st, next year's 1st, and a 3rd for Tunsil than to pay the same (or more) to trade up into the top 12.

All in all, I'd prefer to stay at 31 and not trade picks at all but if we're trading away next year's 1st, I want a proven guy like Tunsil, not a rookie.
Might as well. Not like they have a QB (the Texans I mean) to protect at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 04-14-2021

In an ideal world, we stay at 31, take a DE there and a LT in round two that steps in and is capable day 1.

I'm skeptical thats the case, but who knows.

If I'm giving up picks, I think I would much rather give them up for someone like Tunsil.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 04-14-2021
In an ideal world, we stay at 31, take a DE there and a LT in round two that steps in and is capable day 1.

I'm skeptical thats the case, but who knows.

If I'm giving up picks, I think I would much rather give them up for someone like Tunsil.
That's where I'm at too.

Let the draft play out without going crazy trading picks.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 61
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up