ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:07 PM 12-16-2020
Yes Stevieray I wore a mask. I work in healthcare.

Nice job trying to bait people with that question, somehow using that logic to say masks don't work. You also asked me this same question in summer when I got COVID at WORK.

I guess you missed the headlines about the shitty way we have to use PPE in healthcare with a severely contagious virus. I have to wear the same mask for 5 days before I'm allowed a new one. I got COVID at work. It's no wonder healthcare workers are getting this virus consistently.

I should be getting the vaccine at the end of December or first part of January.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My wife is a nurse, and my mom is a nurse so I've heard stories. I know of nurses that peddle essential oil bullshit, MLM garbage, etc. Comparatively, I feel like it is more likely to have nurses that are anti-vaccine than other healthcare professions. Overall, my experience with medical professionals has shown me that those who are of certain political stripes and those who are more removed from direct patient care are much more likely to be distrustful of vaccines and accepting of pseudoscience.
Speaking of bullshit oils how do you feel about CBD?
[Reply]
stevieray 03:11 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yes Stevieray I wore a mask

Nice job trying to bait people

I asked you privately to respect your privacy.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:35 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I asked you privately to respect your privacy.
You asked me the same question this summer (I explained it then). And you again openly asked me in this thread in recent weeks. I didn't respond, so you messaged me the same question. What's the purpose of this, so you have an argument against masks?

I explained the terrible use of PPE in healthcare from the start of the pandemic and still currently being used in healthcare from frontline hospital workers to rehabs across this entire country. Nothing we are doing with PPE is how it's supposed to be used for best practices. I had a coworker, who due to his political feelings, tried to hide his original COVID symptoms while working 2 days. I was exposed quite frequently to him but mask use at least likely lessened my viral load and produced a mild case for me.

Please let us know your educated thoughts on the subject if you'd like to have an actual discussion or are genuinely curious what those of us in healthcare are dealing with on a daily basis. But if you're here to tout some bullshit agenda, feel free to volunteer at the nearest hospital taking care of COVID patients (we can skip your PPE).
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:39 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The vaccines definitely work... 90%+ efficacy for both the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.
I’m assuming you read about the adverse reactions already being reported.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:46 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I’m assuming you read about the adverse reactions already being reported.
There’s adverse reactions in small percentages with all vaccines and the flu shot. That doesn’t mean we take our chances with measles, mumps, rubella and polio by not vaccinating.

The adverse reactions to this are percentage-wise less than those from vaccines we require and the flu shot.

That’s why there’s trials and math involved with all of this.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:47 PM 12-16-2020
Speaking of, the AMA has put hydroxychloroquine back on the menu.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf

Originally Posted by :
1 Whereas, The COVID-19 pandemic is a serious medical issue, people are dying, and
2 physicians must be able to perform as sagacious prescribers; therefore be it
4 RESOLVED, That our American Medical Association rescind its statement calling for physicians
5 to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes
6 available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in
7 the disease course. Implying that such treatment is inappropriate contradicts AMA Policy
8 H-120.988, “Patient Access to Treatments Prescribed by Their Physicians,” that addresses off
9 label prescriptions as appropriate in the judgement of the prescribing physician (Directive to
10 Take Action); and be it further
12 RESOLVED, That our AMA rescind its joint statement with the American Pharmacists
13 Association and American Society of Health System Pharmacists, and update it with a joint
14 statement notifying patients that further studies are ongoing to clarify any potential benefit of
15 hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of COVID-19 (Directive to Take
16 Action); and be it further
18 RESOLVED, That our AMA reassure the patients whose physicians are prescribing
19 hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for their early-stage COVID-19 diagnosis by
20 issuing an updated statement clarifying our support for a physician’s ability to prescribe an FDA21 approved medication for off label use, if it is in her/his best clinical judgement, with specific
22 reference to the use of hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of the
23 earliest stage of COVID-19 (Directive to Take Action); and be it further
25 RESOLVED, That our AMA take the actions necessary to require local pharmacies to fill valid
26 prescriptions that are issued by physicians and consistent with AMA principles articulated in
27 AMA Policy H-120.988, “Patient Access to Treatments Prescribed by Their Physicians,”
28 including working with the American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health
29 System Pharmacists. (Directive to Take Action)

[Reply]
Donger 03:53 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Speaking of, the AMA has put hydroxychloroquine back on the menu.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf
Sounds like some group wants it to be put back on, not that it has been:

That our American Medical Association rescind its statement calling for physicians 4 to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in the disease course.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:55 PM 12-16-2020
(we can skip your PPE).
:-)

feel better?

You're being redundant.

I asked you privately because you didn't answer publicly.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:57 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

feel better?

You're being redundant.

I asked you privately because you didn't answer publicly.
You’re being redundant.

You asked me this in summer too and I explained all of it.

But why the question? I work in healthcare so you know the answer.

You think you know more than you do and are trying to agenda push. It’s pretty clear.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:02 PM 12-16-2020
Lol I saw a convo between stevie, o city, and daface regarding why covid is a disease. They broke it down several times to stevie. Later that night I saw him make the same claims that were already explained and proven wrong in a DC thread.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:09 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lol I saw a convo between stevie, o city, and daface regarding why covid is a disease. They broke it down several times to stevie. Later that night I saw him make the same claims that were already explained and proven wrong in a DC thread.
It’s hard when your life decisions are made only based on your faith in God, since your 8th grade education only allows you to read the comics.

I’ll get the vaccine to protect his elderly ass though. It’s my Christian duty....oh shit!!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:10 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While this place often drives me nuts, I do find it fascinating to have so many different perspectives. In this case, this drives home the fact that "anti maskers" and "anti vaxxers" are not at all the same people. I personally am "pro whatever it takes to stop killing people and get back to normal," which means I'm in favor of both masks and vaccines. But there are people like you who are anti mask and pro vaccine while there are others who are (kind of oddly, in my opinion) pro mask but anti vaccine.

It's really hard for me to reconcile the discrepancy, but it's clear that it's a discrepancy that is present on both sides of the spectrum.
This is a great example of why it irritates me when people make overall assumptions about a person based on one specific stance on Covid.

It doesn't matter where you live, who you voted for, or your level of education. There are people all across societies spectrums that agree and disagree on this topic.

Like most everything else I am fairly moderate on my stance with Covid. I don't necessarily want to take the vaccine but I will because we EXPECT our employees to do it and I wont be a hypocrite. And fuck it whatever it takes to get this shit behind us.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:13 PM 12-16-2020
You’re being redundant.

You asked me this in summer too and I explained all of it.

But why the question? I work in healthcare so you know the answer.

You think you know more than you do and are trying to agenda push. It’s pretty clear.
I don't know in what field of healthcare you work in.

Besides, people are free to make their own assessments, just like when they are willing, if at all, to take the vaccine.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:16 PM 12-16-2020
It’s hard when your life decisions are made only based on your faith in God, since your 8th grade education only allows you to read the comics.

I’ll get the vaccine to protect his elderly ass though. It’s my Christian duty....oh shit!!!!
feel better?

elderly? I'm in as good as shape as you are, bubba.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Up