ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:40 AM 12-16-2020
There is no comparison to getting a vaccine vs. the mask bullshit.

The vaccines are safe, highly effective and are a brief instance of pain for a return to normalcy/pleasure.

The draconian mask bullshit is intrusive, covers the most expressive/individualistic part of your body, negatively impacts social interactions/communications, etc.

Get the vaccine and burn the masks.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

The vaccines are safe, highly effective and are a brief instance of pain for a return to normalcy/pleasure.

The draconian mask bullshit is intrusive, covers the most expressive/individualistic part of your body, negatively impacts social interactions/communications, etc.

I think for me it’s pants that cover those parts not a mask
[Reply]
DaFace 09:46 AM 12-16-2020

While this place often drives me nuts, I do find it fascinating to have so many different perspectives. In this case, this drives home the fact that "anti maskers" and "anti vaxxers" are not at all the same people. I personally am "pro whatever it takes to stop killing people and get back to normal," which means I'm in favor of both masks and vaccines. But there are people like you who are anti mask and pro vaccine while there are others who are (kind of oddly, in my opinion) pro mask but anti vaccine.

It's really hard for me to reconcile the discrepancy, but it's clear that it's a discrepancy that is present on both sides of the spectrum.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:55 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While this place often drives me nuts, I do find it fascinating to have so many different perspectives. In this case, this drives home the fact that "anti maskers" and "anti vaxxers" are not at all the same people. I personally am "pro whatever it takes to stop killing people and get back to normal," which means I'm in favor of both masks and vaccines. But there are people like you who are anti mask and pro vaccine while there are others who are (kind of oddly, in my opinion) pro mask but anti vaccine.

It's really hard for me to reconcile the discrepancy, but it's clear that it's a discrepancy that is present on both sides of the spectrum.
Masks work and Vaccines work. I don't get how people get so twisted over this stuff, but that's life, isn't it?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:02 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Masks work and Vaccines work. I don't get how people get so twisted over this stuff, but that's life, isn't it?
People don't value education in this country. It's not a surprise that this country has fallen behind quite a few others in education and literacy. Generally speaking (but not always) I'd say there's a positive correlation between believing in the use of masks/vaccines and intelligence/education. Of course there are outliers, there are "educated" people that somehow are still anti-vax.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
People don't value education in this country. It's not a surprise that this country has fallen behind quite a few others in education and literacy. Generally speaking (but not always) I'd say there's a positive correlation between believing in the use of masks/vaccines and intelligence/education. Of course there are outliers, there are "educated" people that somehow are still anti-vax.
Yeah, that's the strange one to me. I don't know about this particular situation, but I know that, in general, the whole "vaccines cause autism" take is far more prevalent among high-income, high-education households. It's a weird one to wrap your mind around.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:10 AM 12-16-2020
Yeah, that's the strange one to me. I don't know about this particular situation, but I know that, in general, the whole "vaccines cause autism" take is far more prevalent among high-income, high-education households. It's a weird one to wrap your mind around.
Yep, my parents told me about a neighbor of theirs who has two daughters that are both nurses. Apparently they’re both anti-vax. I don’t understand how someone can work in the medical field and not believe in vaccination.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:13 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The vaccines definitely work... 90%+ efficacy for both the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:14 AM 12-16-2020
The vaccines definitely work... 90%+ efficacy for both the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.
Put your fucking mask on
[Reply]
DaFace 10:16 AM 12-16-2020
Yep, my parents told me about a neighbor of theirs who has two daughters that are both nurses. Apparently they’re both anti-vax. I don’t understand how someone can work in the medical field and not believe in vaccination.
I guess I can come up with a hypothesis on that one. If you work in the medical field, your worldview is dominated by the worst-case scenarios. So when a mom comes in crying because her kid has been diagnosed with autism and says "and my kid got his vaccines a few months ago," your brain tries to link those two issues (particularly because of the asshole who faked his data about it in the 90s and seeded the idea in everyone's mind).

The nurses don't see the thousands of kids who don't come in to the hospital, though, so it's hard to keep grounded.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:32 AM 12-16-2020
I don’t understand how someone can work in the medical field and not believe in vaccination.
Similar reason as to why you see many obese medical professionals who also smoke.
[Reply]
LTL 10:43 AM 12-16-2020
I guess I can come up with a hypothesis on that one. If you work in the medical field, your worldview is dominated by the worst-case scenarios. So when a mom comes in crying because her kid has been diagnosed with autism and says "and my kid got his vaccines a few months ago," your brain tries to link those two issues (particularly because of the asshole who faked his data about it in the 90s and seeded the idea in everyone's mind).

The nurses don't see the thousands of kids who don't come in to the hospital, though, so it's hard to keep grounded.
The same reasons you see on CP. One person said they weren't going to be a human guiena pig and will wait till a few million have taken it. Another is the not trusting something that was supposed to take years to get done get done in less than a year. Another is the distrust in govt on both sides of the isle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:
The same reasons you see on CP. One person said they weren't going to be a human guiena pig and will wait till a few million have taken it. Another is the not trusting something that was supposed to take years to get done get done in less than a year. Another is the distrust in govt on both sides of the isle.
It would be one thing if these ideas weren't grounded in at least some reality.

We've seen Pharma companies get sued successfully for falsifying data, for understating risks, and for cutting corners that resulted in people getting sick and dying.

As for not trusting the government, I mean that one is self-explanatory.
[Reply]
jcchief234 02:10 PM 12-16-2020
There are too many question marks with vaccines, COVID in general and the natural reality of a corrupt government for me to ever trust what they are saying. With all the non COVID deaths that were then labelled as COVID related, the states and hospitals receiving large amounts of money for COVID cases, the rush of the vaccine and their push to control everything leave me very skeptical about this whole thing. And on top of that, one of the top self-claimed vaccine experts, "Dr Bill Gates", has already come out and said in 2011 in a CNN interview that vaccines can be useful for depopulation. Absolutely insane.

Even as someone who was extremely sick as a child, heavily asthmatic and a person who routinely gets sick every year with the flu, I am not concerned. Why? Because I have worked to get into very good shape, have put on thirty pounds of muscle and have improved my diet. I have honestly never felt better in my life.

It is disappointing the thought of, as some suggested in previous pages, having some sort of checkpoints to see if people have taken the vaccine in order to go places and do anything. That to me is full on 1984 over a respiratory virus, which the FDA has already come out and said that the testy is not fully reliable. These definitely are troubling times.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:34 PM 12-16-2020
My wife is a nurse, and my mom is a nurse so I've heard stories. I know of nurses that peddle essential oil bullshit, MLM garbage, etc. Comparatively, I feel like it is more likely to have nurses that are anti-vaccine than other healthcare professions. Overall, my experience with medical professionals has shown me that those who are of certain political stripes and those who are more removed from direct patient care are much more likely to be distrustful of vaccines and accepting of pseudoscience.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Up