ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
The Lounge>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ĎBAD BOYí LEíVEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)



https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

Theyíre the head of Bad Boy Football. Canít nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back LeíVeon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isnít bad meaning good, heís bad meaning bad. Heís a locker-room cancer. Heís poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you canít have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. Thatís my gripe with LeíVeon. I donít think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because heís good at it.

Letís take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. Heís had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. Thatís also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. Heís right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I donít have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why Iím skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to LeíVeon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, heís thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. Heís all eyez on me. Bell ainít got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. Heís hit Ďem up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. Heís troublesome. Heís going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope Iím wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that heíll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Yíall supposed to be happy Iím free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and LeíVeon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of LeíVeonís career.

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First, he didn't force his way off of the Jets. Adam Gase never wanted him. Gase finally just decided to give up the charade and cut him. Bell didn't really do anything at all. Gase is just an asshole.

Second, do you really think Mahomes, Kelce, Clark, Mathieu and this group is going to be affected at all if Bell decides to be distraction? There's no way he has any ability to affect the locker room, even if he decides to act like a complete dick.
Yea you go with that. :-) Its unpossible. Never happened before.

You act like I am against the move, which I am not.

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:53 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think you do.

Care to explain to us everything that happened since Bell signed with the Jets?

Frank Clark wanted $20 million per. The Seahawks couldn't afford to pay him so they traded him.

Has Clark been a lockerroom "cancer"?
Your argument is you don't think I know the Jets are a mess after I just said the Jets are a mess? Seriously?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:54 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea you go with that. :-) Its unpossible. Never happened before.

You act like I am against the move, which I am not.

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.
He doesn't have to; the Chiefs don't owe him ****. If he's great, great. If he's good, good. If he's not, they can unceremoniously cut him.

BTW, who in your mind claimed that Bell walks on water? Honest question.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea you go with that. :-) Its unpossible. Never happened before.

You act like I am against the move, which I am not.

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.

It's pretty clear, despite your claim about knowing the Jets are a "mess" that you don't know what happened there during his brief tenure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea you go with that. :-) Its unpossible. Never happened before.

You act like I am against the move, which I am not.

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.
It's not impossible. It's about as bloody likely as me winning the power ball this week, though.

It's not about being against the move. It's about Whitlock just flat out being wrong. He didn't say Bell could possibly be a cancer. He said he IS a cancer.

He's wrong. I'm sure you agree at this point, right?

And for the record, I don't think Bell walks on water. However, I do think this team pretty much does. I'm not worried about Bell because I trust THEM.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:55 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Your argument is you don't think I know the Jets are a mess after I just said the Jets are a mess? Seriously?
You're so convinced that Bell caused problems there that I'd like to hear, in detail, what transpired since Bell signed in 2019.

I know exactly what happened. I'm betting you do not.

Prove me wrong.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're so convinced that Bell caused problems there that I'd like to hear, in detail, what transpired since Bell signed in 2019.

I know exactly what happened. I'm betting you do not.

Prove me wrong.
They fired the guy that wanted him and the new coach didn't. JFC man that doesn't explain cutting him week 5 of the season and eating all that money.

Why couldn't they trade Bell? If he is so valuable and no risk why wasn't another team taking the risk and make a trade for a low rounder?
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:58 PM 10-16-2020
Not worried about Bell being exposed.....I'm worried about Bell exposing how shitty our OL is....
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:59 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude there is always the possibility he could be a problem.

You do realize he just got cut by the JETS when its costing them a ton of $? I know they are a mess, I know they aren't KC but he obviously forced his way off a team paying him a shit ton of money.

So no its not "impossible" for Bell to be a distraction, though I also find it not likely as well.
Whitlock went a bit further than saying "Leveon may be a distraction" he called him a cancer/poison. He never gives proof or a real reason why. He's just a click bait writing hack
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They fired the guy that wanted him and the new coach didn't. JFC man that doesn't explain cutting him week 5 of the season and eating all that money.

Why couldn't they trade Bell? If he is so valuable and no risk why wasn't another team taking the risk and make a trade for a low rounder?
They couldn't trade him because they owed him $6M in guaranteed money. Nobody was taking on that contract when they knew Gase wanted to cut him anyway.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not impossible. It's about as bloody likely as me winning the power ball this week, though.

It's not about being against the move. It's about Whitlock just flat out being wrong. He didn't say Bell could possibly be a cancer. He said he IS a cancer.

He's wrong. I'm sure you agree at this point, right?


And for the record, I don't think Bell walks on water. However, I do think this team pretty much does. I'm not worried about Bell because I trust THEM.
I honestly don't have the answer to this because neither of us actually know.

I think Whitlock's case is he doesn't think Bell loves the game, he loves the $ or he would have worked it out in Pitt, its right there in the article.

He wouldn't be the first guy to make a bad business decision but he certainly fucked up not taking the Steelers offer.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They fired the guy that wanted him and the new coach didn't. JFC man that doesn't explain cutting him week 5 of the season and eating all that money.

Why couldn't they trade Bell? If he is so valuable and no risk why wasn't another team taking the risk and make a trade for a low rounder?
Literally everyone knew he'd be available for free very soon, which, of course, he was.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:03 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They couldn't trade him because they owed him $6M in guaranteed money. Nobody was taking on that contract when they knew Gase wanted to cut him anyway.
$6MM is too much for potential real playmaker?

I think the truth is nobody knows what Bell is right now. Nobody.

I honestly don't have huge hopes, he hasn't been an effective football player in 2.5 years or so. I hope he kills it but I have my doubts. Still better than Darrell Williams though so its an upgrade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
$6MM is too much for potential real playmaker?
It's absolutely too much when pretty much everybody in the league knew if they waited 48 hours, they could pay him chump change and leave the Jets with the bill. It has nothing to do with Bell's ability, it's simple economics.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I honestly don't have huge hopes, he hasn't been an effective football player in 2.5 years or so. I hope he kills it but I have my doubts. Still better than Darrell Williams though so its an upgrade.
He was an effective football player last year. He was 20th in the league, amongst all non-QB's, in yards from scrimmage. 20th. He had more yards from scrimmage last year than anybody on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:10 PM 10-16-2020
Move along....nothing to see here....c'mon folks, go about your business.. nothing to see :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up