ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Paramount Reportedly Eyeing Will Smith For Big Star Trek Role
Mephistopheles Janx 12:45 AM 09-14-2020
Will Smith in Trek? What the fucking fuck is Paramount thinking here?!?!?!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...tar-trek-role/

/Ok, I know that I talked shit on DC for their casting for Batman and it seems I'm gonna probably eat crow on that. So... I'm doubling down and hopefully I am equally as surprised by the trailers if it actually happens.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:24 AM 09-14-2020
Is Quentin Tarantino directing it?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:13 AM 09-14-2020
Not sure why the feel they need to bring in Will Smith?

Outside of bad boys he’s not really a huge draw anymore.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:29 AM 09-14-2020
Will Smith is garbage.
hot garbage.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 AM 09-14-2020
Nobody gives a shit about Star Trek. Too old. For some reason people care about Star Wars still, which Ill never understand but how about someone start a new intergalactic opera movie.

Id rather see the 5th Element 2.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:57 AM 09-14-2020
*waiting patiently for Dane's takes on Paramount

:-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:57 PM 09-14-2020
Star Trek is dead, the current crop of people in charge have no clue what the show is really about.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:25 PM 09-14-2020
Meh. I'll give it a look. I'm a sucker for Trek.

I HATED the Chris Pine casting, but in the end (IMO) he played it great.

Zachary Quintino to a lesser extent. I didn't figure he could hang, but dug him as Spock.

I'm sure everyone hates that iteration of Trek, but it worked for me.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:32 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Zachary Quintino to a lesser extent. I didn't figure he could hang, but dug him as Spock.

Beyond actually gets a LOT of love amongst the fans.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:58 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Karl Urban is great as Bones, as well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah. Because of the series, if Urban is in it, I’m down.
[Reply]
eDave 11:44 AM 09-15-2020
I love them all, even the Picard shit.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:14 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
While Pegg gets criticized by the fervent Trekkers for his portrayal of Scotty (his Scot accent is different, apparently). He is beloved for the screenwriting he did to turn a Kurtzman actionfest into a ponderous/introspective movie in Beyond (love the character pairings/foils in that movie).

The Khan reboot gets rightfully **** on for Into Dumbass, but it was a perfectly fine reboot otherwise with some real high moments. I vastly prefer it to the SW reboot, for instance.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:26 PM 09-15-2020
Great. :-)

Will Smith will be playing as Will Smith in Star Trek.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 09-26-2020
I just posted this in a Star Trek related thread but thought it fit here as well
-----------

Unfortunately, there's been a lot of discussion over at Paramount about dropping Star Trek movies altogether because they don't make the studio any money, while taking up a substantial amount of their yearly budget and stage time.

The TV series aren't doing well, either, and just barely enough to justify their existence. There's been an internal debate as to whether or not Star Trek should exist in any new format moving forward because it just doesn't have enough appeal (i.e., viewership) to justify the continuation of the IP.

CBS is now airing the first season of Discovery on the CBS TV network, which will also help to determine its fate on the small screen and so far, it's not looking good. It had 1.7 million viewers and a .2 rating Thursday night and was beat by reruns airing on NBC and ABC. The ratings were also lower than a Bull repeat that aired two weeks prior in the same time slot.

Freaking Press Your Luck had 3.5 million viewers, followed by Match Game with 2.9 million viewers, both of which easily beat Discovery. Big Brother scored 4.5 million viewers a few days later and costs a fraction to produce as Discovery or any Star Trek series.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up