Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:50 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Need to find his replacement in the next draft to groom him to take over.
Uh, wasn't that what the Hardman pick was all about?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
No.

Hardman is a completely different player than Watkins.

Watkins is big, strong, quick and provides excellent blocking at the line of scrimmage and down field.

Hardman is slight of build, is a sub-4.4 guy that's a great returner but still needs to improve his blocking and route running.
[Reply]
bobhill 01:15 PM 10-16-2020
Plug in D.- Drops an move on
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 10-16-2020
I like Tylan Wallace from Oklahoma St. as a potential Watkins replacement in the draft.

We can probably get him in the 2nd.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:18 PM 10-16-2020
I would say the Hardman pick was a contingency plan for Hill. Hill/Hardman and Watkins are totally different players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 10-16-2020
As others have said, Hardman was a hedge against possibly losing Hill. Even if the team was completely convinced he was innocent, they were still trying to extend him and there was no guarantee they were going to reach an agreement with what was going on.

Watkins and Hardman are completely different types of receivers.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:50 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No.

Hardman is a completely different player than Watkins.

Watkins is big, strong, quick and provides excellent blocking at the line of scrimmage and down field.

Hardman is slight of build, is a sub-4.4 guy that's a great returner but still needs to improve his blocking and route running.
What do you think the Chiefs will do next year for Sammy’s role?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I like Tylan Wallace from Oklahoma St. as a potential Watkins replacement in the draft.

We can probably get him in the 2nd.
DeVonta Smith, Amon-Ra St. Brown would be good fits but Smith probably won't last that long.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:02 PM 10-16-2020
We definitely should get a receiver in the second round which seems to be a sweet spot for teams with good scouts. Like us and the Steelers and the Seahawks.
[Reply]
Pants 04:06 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We definitely should get a receiver in the second round which seems to be a sweet spot for teams with good scouts. Like us and the Steelers and the Seahawks.
Fuck that. Get us all the fatties and LBs!
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:09 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What do you think the Chiefs will do next year for Sammy’s role?
Just a feeling, but I think they'll try to keep Sammy. There's really no replacing Sammy with a drafted rookie, and there's not a lot of vet WRs of his caliber/skill set willing to be the 3rd option.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:12 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just a feeling, but I think they'll try to keep Sammy. There's really no replacing Sammy with a drafted rookie, and there's not a lot of vet WRs of his caliber/skill set willing to be the 3rd option.
Yeah as long as he's reasonable with the contract demands for next year like he was this year, sure bring him back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:24 PM 10-16-2020
I should be clear that I think Andy/Veach will draft a WR in the hopes of that guy eventually taking over for Sammy, but for next season at least I think they want Sammy on the team, maybe as a mentor to whoever they draft/bring in.

So I'm not saying that they'll try to keep Sammy beyond next season, but I think they'll keep him around for next season.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:25 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
**** that. Get us all the fatties and LBs!
Take a LB in the first if you want, but don't waste a second rounder on a fatty there is zero reason to.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:18 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Take a LB in the first if you want, but don't waste a second rounder on a fatty there is zero reason to.
what do you mean there is zero reason to take a fatty in the 2nd round?

You don't think we need to improve our talent on our Oline/Dline?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up